Author Topic: did you guys read where eli is making more then payton?  (Read 444 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: did you guys read where eli is making more then payton?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »
Brady might be the best QBs to have on a team like the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, or 2002 Bucs. He knows he isn't good enough to make certain throws and usually just doesn't attempt them. But he'd be terrible on a bad team. Then again he has posted at least two embarrassing red zone INTs in crucial playoff games.

he's also better than Peyton when it comes to "comebacks" in the final minutes, always a nice thing to have.

No he's not. Peyton is about to break the record for 4th quarter comebacks. Brady's not even close. You won't be able to find many, if any, 2 minute drill comebacks by Brady in crucial situations. All those famous drives they brag about was when the game was already tied, the pressure is off. In fact in the last two playoff losses by New England it came down to Brady with the ball with no time left, but enough time to make some plays, and both times he choked. Against Indy in 06 he threw a stupid INT, and against the Giants in the Superbowl he had 3 timeouts and instead of trying to move ther ball closer he wasted 3 stupid long bomb attempts abnd lost the game. The funny thing is that Randy was open with room to spare and if Brady had Manning's arm the Giants would have lost that SB, but Moss had to slow down to adjust, like he always does with Brady's bombs, and the pass was broken up. And both of those failed drives rest on Brady's shoulders. No dropped passes, or bad calls, just bad throws and bad decisions.

so one drive in a superbowl cancels out two other drives in other superbowls where he drove to win them?

& Peyton can have 1000 4th quarter comebacks in the regular season, i mean, his legacy is already sealed if he retired tomorrow, but he has one ring. :-X

No, two drives where he needed to score or lose the game, vs 3 or 4 drives where he was tied already. It's not the same kind of pressure when it's do or die. I question now how calm Brady would have been in those three Superbowls his defense allowed the opponents to score earlier and Brady now had to come back and win.

Yeah, Peyton has 1 ring, Brady has three, Bradshaw has 4, and Bart Starr has 5. The difference is if you switch teams Peyton has more than 3, 4 and 5, and Brady, BRadshaw, and Starr all have zero.

if we're going to questions hypothetical things, i question whether Peyton would be good at all on a bad team or if he didn't have an awesome RB to disguise the PA.

We all know how good James was when he didn't have Peyton, and what makes Addai so special? I almost wish Polian wasn't such an idiot in '98 because if they kept Faulk Indy almost certainly would have been SB champs the next year when Faulk was the key to St. Louis's success. Add a few more rings to that team because Peyton would finally have another real playmaker on the team and we'd neevr have this discussion.

You make it seem like Peyton played with Payton or Sanders.

Addai  is a top fantasy RB pick, he gets that from the stats he puts in during the season, there is no science involved; he is just a good running back.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
Brady might be the best QBs to have on a team like the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, or 2002 Bucs. He knows he isn't good enough to make certain throws and usually just doesn't attempt them. But he'd be terrible on a bad team. Then again he has posted at least two embarrassing red zone INTs in crucial playoff games.

he's also better than Peyton when it comes to "comebacks" in the final minutes, always a nice thing to have.

No he's not. Peyton is about to break the record for 4th quarter comebacks. Brady's not even close. You won't be able to find many, if any, 2 minute drill comebacks by Brady in crucial situations. All those famous drives they brag about was when the game was already tied, the pressure is off. In fact in the last two playoff losses by New England it came down to Brady with the ball with no time left, but enough time to make some plays, and both times he choked. Against Indy in 06 he threw a stupid INT, and against the Giants in the Superbowl he had 3 timeouts and instead of trying to move ther ball closer he wasted 3 stupid long bomb attempts abnd lost the game. The funny thing is that Randy was open with room to spare and if Brady had Manning's arm the Giants would have lost that SB, but Moss had to slow down to adjust, like he always does with Brady's bombs, and the pass was broken up. And both of those failed drives rest on Brady's shoulders. No dropped passes, or bad calls, just bad throws and bad decisions.

so one drive in a superbowl cancels out two other drives in other superbowls where he drove to win them?

& Peyton can have 1000 4th quarter comebacks in the regular season, i mean, his legacy is already sealed if he retired tomorrow, but he has one ring. :-X

No, two drives where he needed to score or lose the game, vs 3 or 4 drives where he was tied already. It's not the same kind of pressure when it's do or die. I question now how calm Brady would have been in those three Superbowls his defense allowed the opponents to score earlier and Brady now had to come back and win.

Yeah, Peyton has 1 ring, Brady has three, Bradshaw has 4, and Bart Starr has 5. The difference is if you switch teams Peyton has more than 3, 4 and 5, and Brady, BRadshaw, and Starr all have zero.

if we're going to questions hypothetical things, i question whether Peyton would be good at all on a bad team or if he didn't have an awesome RB to disguise the PA.

We all know how good James was when he didn't have Peyton, and what makes Addai so special? I almost wish Polian wasn't such an idiot in '98 because if they kept Faulk Indy almost certainly would have been SB champs the next year when Faulk was the key to St. Louis's success. Add a few more rings to that team because Peyton would finally have another real playmaker on the team and we'd neevr have this discussion.

You make it seem like Peyton played with Payton or Sanders.

Addai  is a top fantasy RB pick, he gets that from the stats he puts in during the season, there is no science involved; he is just a good running back.

Addai is a 1000 yard back. That's good, but not he's not a full time back and 1500 yards isn't even a possibility the way it looks now. Edge had 2 years on top of the RB pack and 4 years over 1500 when he was playing with Manning. He goes to Arizona after having one of his best years and takes a big money deal and then drops almost 400 yards on the ground. Two years later they don't even want him anymore. Give me a break.

You're better off trying to use the Harrison example, but Peyt can do 25/4000 with out him, and he did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
^at this point Reggie is better than Marvin & Dallas Clark is a top TE. ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
^at this point Reggie is better than Marvin & Dallas Clark is a top TE. ;)

I just wish he had Moss and Welker instead.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 01:06:10 PM »
i'm kind of getting off my point, i know Peyton is better than Brady, but you're just not showin' Brady the slightest bit of love.

Pats don't have the rings without Brady, it's almost fact.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »
whats funny is that hack actually thinks eli is a better QB,hack you wild son

where did i say this??

show me

peyton is the best QB in the NFL since joe montana.
lol my bad homie,i just assumed it really. i was just fuckin with you anyway

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »
i'm kind of getting off my point, i know Peyton is better than Brady, but you're just not showin' Brady the slightest bit of love.

Pats don't have the rings without Brady, it's almost fact.

Look, if more people were ragging on Brady I'd probably come to his defense. I don't think Peyton is untouchably good. he isn't with out a doubt the number 1 QB every season, but he is top 3 every season and that top 3 changes every couple years in the last 9 years Peyton has been top 3. He's constistent that way.

Pats may not have 3 if there was no Brady. I don't know. If Brady stayed injured after the AFC champiobship I do believe that Bledsoe would have won the SB that year. I also don't see Bledsoe screwing up so bad against the Panthers and Eagles that they'd lose those games either. The Pats as a whole were rock fucking solid those years and any one of the top 10 QBs could have won for them no doubt. Manning on the Pats the whole time you'd see at least 5 SB rings on his hand right now. There isn't a single playoff victory Tom Brady has that Manning would have lost with the Pats and there are two playoff losses Braday has that Peyton would have won the AFC Championship game of 06 and the SB 07. Another is the 05 Denver game, but I'm not sure the Steelers would have lost that year.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
peyton has won 3 MVP awards, 12 games a year the last 6 years, several big playoff wins  (perfect passer rating vs the Chiefs, always blowing out the Bronco's, the comeback vs the PAts in 06 and then the superbowl over the Bears etc)

like every other QB or athlete, he's had his fair share of failrues as well (first round playoff loses) but you can't put all of those on Peyton.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »
wait brady's won 3 super bowls wit the pats?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »

1-camera's

2-look at the defenses Brady had with him those 3 years, especially 2003 and 2004?

all of brady's SB wins needed Adam Vinnitari btw
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
what you mean hack? lol
so he did?

and how many rings does peyton have?  (hes been wit the colts from the jump right?)

1-camera's

2-look at the defenses Brady had with him those 3 years, especially 2003 and 2004?

all of brady's SB wins needed Adam Vinnitari btw
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:20:56 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
my point is, why doesn't Peyton have 6 rings right now?

A-Rod gets shitted on for not winning rings & only doing shit in the regular season, it's something that could EASILY be carried into Football.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 10:20:08 PM »
my point is, why doesn't Peyton have 6 rings right now?

A-Rod gets shitted on for not winning rings & only doing shit in the regular season, it's something that could EASILY be carried into Football.

It is carried into football and in both cases it's bullshit. Especially in baseball. In the baseball playoffs you can hit .1000, a HR every game, never drop a ball or commit an error and still have your team lose 4-0 in the playoffs. You're only one batter of 9 and you're up 3 to 5 times a game. Has A-rod performed well in the playoffs since coming to the Yanks? No he hasn't, but that means nothing as far as why they haven't won any rings. I'd like to hear someone say they'd rather have had Scott Brosius at third in the late 90s and left Arod in Seattle. No one would claim that. Te bottom line is if you're building a team to go to the World Series and you want a third baseman today A-Rod will be your guy ahead of maybe everyone else.

Either way we're talking stats. Brady has an 88 QB rating in the playoffs and has a 14-3 playoff record. Manning has an 85 playoff rating and has a 7-8 playoff record. Are we to assume that 3 points higher would have given Manning 5 or 6 more wins. In the early losses maybe you could argue that better QB play would have lead to wins. I can only think of one game where a modren day Manning at his best would have lead to a victory and that was against the Titans in 99. Maybe the Phins game the next year, maybe. The Pats game where he threw 4 INTs was bullshit. The NE DBs were hitting the Colts WRs on their routes the whole game and the INTs came because of that. So much so that they changed the rules for the next season.

Anyway, in his last three playoff losses, Manning had QB ratings of 90.4, 97.7, and 90.9. Do you want to know what his QB rating was for the '06 playoffs when he got his ring? 69.1 QB rating. So I guess and 69.1 gets you a ring while a 93.0 rating gets you sent home in the first game of the playoffs.

Your question is why doesn't he have more rings? The answer is simple; because he was only on the better team once in his 9 years making the playoffs. Twice if you count the cheating by the Pats in 03. Every other team that beat the Colts in the playoffs, beat the Colts in every aspect on the football game, and no higher level of QB play was going to change that fact.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »
good points.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
wait if big payton is better than lil why isnt he gettin paid more?
(im talkin on the field wise)
Cube