Author Topic: Did Daz really want to kill himself when he didn't make it on Chronic 2001?  (Read 1255 times)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How do you explain Dre telling Pac that he produced Got My Mind Made Up?
how do you know that Dre didn't produce it? maybe Daz laid the ground beat, but Dre did his magic on it? Daz just knew that Dre wasn't Pac's favorite at DR, and saw an opportunity to bad mouth Dre, and Dre didn't give a fuck, cause he was bouncing from the label anyway
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
todays records are clearly prooving that daz himself was NEVER capable of producing what hes credited for at death row. there were always some top engineers  and producers like dre and quik that exactly knew what they were doing. and from the interviews ive herad and read from daz, dre, and warren and snoop regarding this topic i can tell there were some big misunderstandings about whats exactly "producing a song" - thats always a question of point of view

but you can see that david blake is quite a humble guy, definately one not fighting for his credits back at DR, since hes not credited for producing Skandalouz - even though its his signature all over it

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
With all the years of Daz saying Dre stole his beats, Dre took credit for some beats he actually did I just don't see how he could expect to be on 2001, if the story were even true.
Even if Dre forgave Daz and got cool with him I still think Dre would prove the point to him that  he didn't need Daz for no tracks by not adding him to the project.

You mean Sam Sneed, J Flexx, Sean "Barney" Thomas, Daz, and Warren G all saying Dre used their beats and they did not get credited.. Also Pac saying Dre taking other people's beats.

Dont confuse producer with beat maker, all those ppl could made beautiful beats, but producing a big record? well maybe warren g, but they aint messing with dre. They never did anything alone to match up with shit, they said they did for dre.

Dubcnn: Back to "Boss Life". Dre sounds like he's been taking piano lessons or something, all the beats he got are like real piano beats.

Yeah, he's doing his muthafuckin' thang man! I've been watchin' shit on TV, I've been seeing shit where niggas been acting like they made beats for Dr. Dre and they did this, and did that, like the nigga can't make beats! What I've been wanting to say is that, if you was one of the keyboard players, or a nigga that was a part of making some of his hit records, then Dr. Dre coached your ass on what to play. You didn't just come in the studio and think of the melodies and the type of rhythms to play. Nigga that shit was given to you by the mind of Dr. Dre! And if you were that good, why haven't you continued to make hit records and he's still continued to make hit records? I just want to speak on that, cause I've been seeing some shit on TV, that's been throwing me the fuck off, with niggas saying they did this and did that. The nigga Dr. Dre is the nigga that gave them the opportunity. He can do the shit by his muthafuckin' self, me and him done sat in the studio where he done made hit records, without nobody there but just me and him! You feel me?

Dubcnn: You can say whatever you wanna say about Dr. Dre, but one thing that's for sure is that he's got something, because whatever he touches is gold. Whatever he does, he does it right.

And then at the same time, it's like, you'll always find niggas crying about "I was one of the producers for Dr. Dre, he stole my shit!" He ain't stole nothing from you, nigga! If you that good, why don't you continue to make it!

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them niggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafucka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for niggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the shit to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of niggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the nigga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafucka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafucka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what niggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this shit ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn shit from ya'll! See that's what niggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that shit! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafuckas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the nigga Dre put all that shit on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other shit! I'm telling you what I know man! Niggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. Niggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing nigga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed niggas how to produce. Because niggas was good at making beats, but he showed you niggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!

2euce 7even

LOL, i'd feel shitty too, all the guys that were apart of the chronic were messin wit dre during 2001, cept dat nigga daz. I heard about this rumour too, but who knows, doubt it. But when you think about it, dude mustve did or said some fucked up shit to make dre not wanna mess wit him anymore, curious tho, WHICH TRACK OF 2001 COULD YOU HAVE SEEN DAZ SPITTIN A VERSE TO (had he been asked to be on the album that is)

a track like Bitch Niggaz would be perfect for him, but then again, with those beats he prob would have been dope on any of them

yeah bitch ni**az is good example.he would add some tracks to 2001 too.
i dont know if its true that he wanted to kill him self, i heard it too.

daz dissed dre several times ("donīt try to play me homie")

Paul

i love that song
funkyfreshintheflesh

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
With all the years of Daz saying Dre stole his beats, Dre took credit for some beats he actually did I just don't see how he could expect to be on 2001, if the story were even true.
Even if Dre forgave Daz and got cool with him I still think Dre would prove the point to him that  he didn't need Daz for no tracks by not adding him to the project.

You mean Sam Sneed, J Flexx, Sean "Barney" Thomas, Daz, and Warren G all saying Dre used their beats and they did not get credited.. Also Pac saying Dre taking other people's beats.

I can't, but it's hearsay unless there's absolute proof he did say that.

Paul

why the fuck did the OP make the same thread he made a year ago

weirdo
funkyfreshintheflesh

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I heard a rumor that Daz Dillinger tried suicide by smoking weed till overdose? Does this rumor hold any truth?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Okka

"Don't Tryna Play Me Homey" was about Swoop G, what did he say about Dr. Dre on it?

I heard a rumor that Daz Dillinger tried suicide by smoking weed till overdose? Does this rumor hold any truth?

LOL

MarshColin

i havnt heard that it was about that, but supposedly that daz's ex-wife who he was married to at the time, supposedly cheated on daz with suge, and she stole some reels of music and gave it to suge, or sumthin like that, and then daz wanted to kill himself over it. dont think that rumor is true tho. it was most probably a slanderous rumor made by deathrow, and spread to the internet through their website, or just made by the deathrow webmaster himself.

sued Death Row, won the lawsuit and celebrated
i dont think he saw any of that 25 mil tho.

The only fault there is with the theory about the Death Row website creating the rumor is that Spider Loc also spoke on the situation on "Tha Row (Y'all Hoe's) when he had the line:

"Even further y'all the nigga tried to end his life//Cuz the niggas was puttin dick all up in his wife" - In reference to Daz

Who knows if it was true or false, but I know that it was a strong rumor floating around back in '02-'03.

Daz is the one that put the rumor out there, at least for us people on the net. He made a post about it on his own forum. I think it was taken down fairly quick after it was posted but it was definitely posted from his account.  It didn't have anything to do with Chronic 2001, although I'm sure that was depressing for him too lol.

Blasphemy

Uh, no. lol cause

1. You can't overdose on weed (you'll just pass out when you get high enough).

2. Its a retarded idea

3. It be more Applicable just to do a Drug Over dose (not like it be hard to get a hand on it..)

but honestly If it turns out to be true I sorta wouldn't be surprised. lol Rappers do bunch of dumb shit for no good reason lol

Also wasn't Daz not on it because he was just on Death Row at the time? The disses, and the interviews adding to the beef, but Honestly I think the main factor was him being on Death Row. Dre had a huge problem with Death Row after he left, couldn't get the right to The Chronic, 2pac was dissing the hell out of him for splitting, had to file a lawsuit to get money which I think he still didn't get cause Death Row's Management was so fucked up they were in going into Bankruptcy.

I swear this is like Outlawz scenario. lol  Either way I honestly think Daz would of been a good artist on 2001. He might possible been able to replace Hitman on a few tracks.

1 Person I really miss though was RBX. Honestly RBX should of been out it. Just wish he didn't get cut, oh well least his left over was on TMMLP. Either way he would of been on a good album.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
Of course all the Dre defenders come in.. lol

Explain Sam Sneed.. Explain J Flexx... Explain Sean "Barney" Thomas cause all those "Dre" beats from 94 - 96 are clearly a combination of their work.

Then the whole producer vs beat maker is bullshit too. That's like saying well J Flexx shouldn't get publishing rights when he wrote a song.

Dre is a mixer, he gets beats, ideas, and musical elements from other people or just straight up out right buys shit from people. Look at 2001, how can you deny Still D.R.E. is not a real Scott Scotch production. Just cause you mix something doesn't give you producing rights, at least in 99% of the music industry. Anyone else wanna follow the pattern and connect the dots, its not that hard.. lol

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Okka

Dre is a mixer, he gets beats, ideas, and musical elements from other people or just straight up out right buys shit from people. Look at 2001, how can you deny Still D.R.E. is not a real Scott Scotch production. Just cause you mix something doesn't give you producing rights, at least in 99% of the music industry. Anyone else wanna follow the pattern and connect the dots, its not that hard.. lol

Scott Storch himself said that Dre did played the drums on it and some other shit. But yeah it's true that Dre got people makin' beats for him, even Snoop Dogg said it.