Author Topic: The Chronic Relit?  (Read 1485 times)

JohnnyL

Re: The Chronic Relit?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »
fuck the relit, where's the unreleased material that people really give a shit about ;D

lol @ including bonus tracks and trying to market 'the chronic' or any death row music to a younger audience. the album is called 'the chronic' - the content is not exactly suitable for kids. smoke weed every day 8)
younger audience? where did you get that from?

besides, at least wideawake is adding new bonus content. that's better than all those cheap ass re-releases from death row in the pas
t
Hes talking about how They said in a earlier press release, they are going to market the album to Walmart, and that they wanted Kids to enjoy the new stuff. Its fucking retarded lol. They might just be talking about other content (non-explicit) that kids can enjoy. Cause honestly The Chronic has a track called "A nigga wit a mother fuckin gun" lol
oh that, thanks for clearing it up.

yeah i don't see how that would attract kids either  :laugh:

I think it's really just a marketing strategy to try to get the Death Row fans to buy multiple copies of this release.  I don't think they realistically think that they'll sell a lot of copies to kids who aren't allowed to hear the bad words.  I think their thinking is that some of the real hardcore Death Row Records fans, knowing that there are a couple unreleased tracks that are exclusive to the clean version, will buy that version of the album too, just to get the extra songs.  I agree though, that I don't think that's really a very smart strategy.  I wish they would have just included the unreleased tracks exclusive to the clean version on the explicit version as well.  Even if it meant bumping the price up a little.  I would rather pay an extra buck or two than buy an entire clean version of the album (which I'm sure I would never listen to), just to get a couple bonus tracks.  Personally, I plan on buying one copy of the explicit version of the album.  Anything that isn't included on that version, I will probably search for online.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »
fuck the relit, where's the unreleased material that people really give a shit about ;D

lol @ including bonus tracks and trying to market 'the chronic' or any death row music to a younger audience. the album is called 'the chronic' - the content is not exactly suitable for kids. smoke weed every day 8)

besides, at least wideawake is adding new bonus content. that's better than all those cheap ass re-releases from death row in the pas
t
Hes talking about how They said in a earlier press release, they are going to market the album to Walmart, and that they wanted Kids to enjoy the new stuff. Its fucking retarded lol. They might just be talking about other content (non-explicit) that kids can enjoy. Cause honestly The Chronic has a track called "A nigga wit a mother fuckin gun" lol

I think it's really just a marketing strategy to try to get the Death Row fans to buy multiple copies of this release.  I don't think they realistically think that they'll sell a lot of copies to kids who aren't allowed to hear the bad words.  I think their thinking is that some of the real hardcore Death Row Records fans, knowing that there are a couple unreleased tracks that are exclusive to the clean version, will buy that version of the album too, just to get the extra songs.  I agree though, that I don't think that's really a very smart strategy.  I wish they would have just included the unreleased tracks exclusive to the clean version on the explicit version as well.  Even if it meant bumping the price up a little.  I would rather pay an extra buck or two than buy an entire clean version of the album (which I'm sure I would never listen to), just to get a couple bonus tracks.  Personally, I plan on buying one copy of the explicit version of the album.  Anything that isn't included on that version, I will probably search for online.
yeah, only one person needs to have the clean version.

Blasphemy

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »

t

Well I'm going to be DLing both the extra tracks from both. Cause Honestly I'm broke, all the money I get has to go to Rent and food for the family. When I do get money I do buy albums though, even if I already own em just 2 support real hip-hop.:p

JohnnyL

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »

t

Well I'm going to be DLing both the extra tracks from both. Cause Honestly I'm broke, all the money I get has to go to Rent and food for the family. When I do get money I do buy albums though, even if I already own em just 2 support real hip-hop.:p

I certainly can't blame you for that, man.  Money's definitely tight these days.  I haven't purchased very many albums lately for that reason.  I'm going to try to pick up one copy of this one, but that will be it for me.  I can't blame anyone who doesn't though.  I hope people who can spare the money will consider picking this up, but I understand it's not the best time for a bunch of extra expenses. 

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »
6 days and counting, and still no leak of the bonus material except for the snips ???
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
6 days and counting, and still no leak of the bonus material except for the snips ???

good...support the project & buy it, i dont understand some of you guys on here "i havent bought a cd in years"...wtf

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »

good...support the project & buy it, i dont understand some of you guys on here "i havent bought a cd in years"...wtf

agreed...............

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »
I still got my original cassette version 1992, the original 1992 CD, and the 2001 remastered/enhanced version of The Chronic as well. I'm lookin 4ward 2 tha The Chronic: Relit & From The Vault.

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

agreed...............
Co-sign

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 01:55:32 PM »
wideawake needs support all this lame leechers should be ashamed

TheGhostOfScrappy

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
dont ship to my country?  ok i will download.  besides my owner is broke as two fucks.

MarshColin

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
wideawake needs support all this lame leechers should be ashamed

Amen.

V2DHeart

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »

agreed...............
Co-sign

2nd that!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>