Author Topic: Amazon.com Chronic Relit Bonus Sampler  (Read 1317 times)

MarshColin

Re: Amazon.com Chronic Relit Bonus Sampler
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 10:27:34 AM »
So what do any of these tracks have to do with The Chronic?

Deep Cover, 187 and the extended versions of tracks would have been much more preferable.
Those tracks are classic, but we've heard them a million times. If they have all this music that the general public has never gotten a chance to listen to, why not put it out there & give those tracks a chance to become potential "classics" as well?

By all means they should release the tracks but release them on a compilation of unreleased and rare tracks don't piggyback them on The Chronic. They add absolutely nothing to the The Chronic.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy and thankful that they are putting those songs out there, but to me it kind of ruins the whole purpose of rereleasing the chronic and makes it less meaningful.

MarshColin

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »
On another note though, those tracks are dope as fuck for the most part. Really diggin that CPO solo song, wasn't expecting much from it so that was a nice surprise.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
I'm glad that they are releasing all these unheard of gems, but I don't understand why they are releasing them w/ the Chronic?

I mean I know we've all heard deep cover and 187um,  but those songs make more sense to be released w/ the chronic.  Cuz they are from roughly the same era.  and have similar styles.  They shoulda had songs like "Ho Hopper", "The next Episode(OG)", "Rat-tat-tat(the original mix)", "puffin on blunts & drinkin tangeray",  "40oz and bud"... etc.  All songs dre recorded during the Chronic era.

Some of these songs that are being released w/ this Re-Lit are dope, but they are all from another era.  Mostly recorded around the doggfather era, which was like 4 years later and the sound had changed so much.  I mean if they really plan to release most of the music from the vaults, why not do it where it makes more sense for each release?

My only guess is that they can't use unreleased dre beats, because of some legal agreement.  I'll bet none of these songs being released now were produced by dre.  Especially because during the 95-97 period Dre wasn't working on many beats or had already left DeathRow. 

The clearing of samples could also be a factor, but its kinda interesting that they are releasing Dogg Collar which samples Baby Be Mine by Michael Jackson, which probably is an expensive and hard ass sample to clear since it was on the highest selling album of all-time! 

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 11:18:11 AM »
The bonuses were iight...  I mean yeah i agree with dc/187/etc shoulda been on there but i get it.  WA just givin' that shit out as a sampler of the newer shit to come.  The Chronic launched DR so it only made sense to do it again.  That Snoop shit sounds wack tho.  The Bassline on DAVE was wack (atleast i hope it's mixed better with the cd/full version).  But whatever i aint complainin', fuck it.  But that CPO shit is boat.  Let me get an album of dat right there.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
 8) just like the good ole days when music sounded good. I wonder if they have the LBC crew album in their vaults, anyone have any info or maybe we can ask wide awake?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 12:39:56 PM »
8) just like the good ole days when music sounded good. I wonder if they have the LBC crew album in their vaults, anyone have any info or maybe we can ask wide awake?

I praying they have it in CDQ.  Honesly, that's what I'm waiting for more than anything else.  LBC Crew > unreleased Dre tracks, yeah I know I'm weird but I want that LBC Crew badly.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
 :-\ Danm! I guess I'm gonna have to shell out to buy this album again...
(My 5th version of "The Chronic" including the cassette)

That "Baby be Mine" sample sounds... 8)
(Wait...WTF is audio on bonus DVD?)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »
whoa those traks are the shit. its a shame we cant have any unreleased dre traks but damn i cant wait to have this album

MarshColin

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 01:46:30 PM »

They definitely have the masters to LBC Crew. All of the songs we've heard and then a couple more too. They were all listed under "Doggystyle Records" on the asset inventory list.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »

They definitely have the masters to LBC Crew. All of the songs we've heard and then a couple more too. They were all listed under "Doggystyle Records" on the asset inventory list.

Great news, hope they release it in the near future. that was some great music. We've probably heard all of it in bad-average quality. CDQ would be nice.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 02:25:46 PM »
so Dre produced all the bonus tracks?

Dogg Collar>>>>>>>>anything on Detox

naw homie, i'm 100% sure that Touchdown (feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg & Treat) is produced by DJ Pooh.

Dogg Collar sounds like a dogumentary track. listen to his flow, it has this laid back doggfather style in it.
i think that poor young dave is the only dre production.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Al Bundy

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
meh the bonus tracks aren't worth the purchase IMHO. i'll probably keep like two tracks from it (poor young dave & would you ride)

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
I know I started this thread, I just wanted to put you guys up on the bonus songs. But have the bonus songs leaked yet, I been searchin all day between drinkin this Patron and enjoying this weather! ;)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Rudki

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »
Impressed......Dogg Collar sounds  :o

same beat as MJ's baby be mine

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »
^^
ah yeh thats right. i knew i heard the exact beat to this song before, but i couldnt point it out.