Author Topic: Y didnt Bounce Rock Skate & Im Toe Up blow up??  (Read 360 times)

Dippafly

• 'G'
Y didnt Bounce Rock Skate & Im Toe Up blow up??
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
Bounce Rock Skate and Im Toe Up were monsters n none of 'em blew up nationally.  These dudes need to market themselves better.  N whatever happend to the Bounce Rock Skate video?  They have footage on youtube of the making of the video but ive seen no official video.

Now, we have Im Burnt.  That joint should blow up.  Will it?  They really need to push that record!
SLEPT ON CLASSICS

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Y didnt Bounce Rock Skate & Im Toe Up blow up??
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »
Like you said they never pushed the record outside of it being on mixtapes. A couple radio stations in Cali picked them up but that is about it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 11:02:26 PM »
I'm Toe Up blew up in Cali but that's about it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
bcuz like most WestCoast artist they only want people in Cali to fuck with their music.  For some reason most rappers ug/ms just want it that way or can't grasp the concept that music is universal and not just wats goin on in tha state of cali.  and both were very disposable tracks if u ask me.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:26 PM »
both songs got played n the bay . ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »
I could have seen Toe Up blow up if they marketed that right.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:19 PM »
I could have seen Toe Up blow up if they marketed that right.

ya was a good club song could of been a good vid to for the west

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »
I'm toe up dropped a year too early..it might have had better luck this summer comin with the Jerkin movement, because that's the only thing that's caught people's attention out of state, and this track was way better than "You're a jerk" and the other songs that blew up. I even played this in Tampa and Tallahassee Florida at the end durin clubs, and people were dancin and singin along after hearin the hook just once...so it has what it takes. "I'm burnt" isn't nearly as strong, and "Bounce rock roll skate" is a completely West Coast only song.

Portugoal

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »
Cali has nearly 40 million people living in it. If you're an independent artist, there's no reason to market outside of that state.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
Cali has nearly 40 million people living in it. If you're an independent artist, there's no reason to market outside of that state.

Almost makes sense, but it's not like those 40 million people all enjoy rap....and a lotta fans here don't like it unless it's on radio.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
I remember hearin' these songs, they both bang. Can somebody hook me up with the untagged versions of both songs. And wasn't there a remix for "I'm Toe Up"?

Portugoal

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »

Almost makes sense, but it's not like those 40 million people all enjoy rap....and a lotta fans here don't like it unless it's on radio.

There are plenty of countries with less than half the amount of citizens California has and they all have artists who don't go international.

snoopazz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »

There are plenty of countries with less than half the amount of citizens California has and they all have artists who don't go international.

Exact, like in France for example, 60 million people, of course less than the half who listenin hip hop, but the best french rapper can live good with his music, plus the difference is the westcoast music will be ever listenin internationally, even if it's not at a mainstream level, but there is evreywhere in the world westcoast music fans from europe, australia, asia (japan), africa...

Okka

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
I remember hearin' these songs, they both bang. Can somebody hook me up with the untagged versions of both songs. And wasn't there a remix for "I'm Toe Up"?

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
Here's the remix with Quik, Snoop, Kurupt... it was on dubcnn on June '08
http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2008/may/problem_ft_snoop_dogg_dj_quik_kurupt_terrace_martin-im_toe_up_remix-(dubcnn).mp3