Author Topic: Warren G - G Files [amazon.com album sampler] = really terrible weak album  (Read 1124 times)

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
lol, P , you´re going hard at the wigga .

i´m not gonna even listen to this crap, his first album is cool but the guy should stick to producing

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
really dont sound that bad..im looking 4ward 2 it

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
There is nothing wrong with the beats, maybe 2 songs that sound like less than average. There is already like 20 great G-Funk albums, go listen to them.

RoscoeOutlaw

damn the album sounds much better than i expected. cant wait!

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
Now that is Warren G in 2009??? Let's Get High (feat.black Nicc & Travis Barker), 100 Miles And Runnin' (feat. Raekwon & Nate Dogg), Skate Skate (feat. Halla), Suicide (feat. Rbx) and Ringtone are okay. noting special.

We talk about a Warren G album and not about some unknown rapper who wants to make some cash. sorry warren but that is your wackest album. even in the midnite hour was way better then this

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
i will probaly check it out

Lunatic

Never really got why ppl disliked Midnite Hour so much

I stay bumping:

We Need Each Other
Do What It Do
I Need a Light
Get U Down
Wheels Keep Spinnin'
PYT
Walk these Streets
In the Mid Nite Hour
All I Ask Of You

Plus some other very decent ones
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mietek23

really dont sound that bad..im looking 4ward 2 it

co-sign

acgrundy

Damn...his first album is one of my favorite albums of all time.  I only listened to In the Midnight Hour 1 time...not sure if I even made it through the entire cd.  I have had absolutely no care at all to check this one out.  What happened warren g?

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
ironmike is LAzoo???????

LAzoo was that Tha Twinz groupie from Australia..fucken kangaroo jack..probably upset his Twinz arnt on da album lmao..

Album soundz hella good appart from Gigalos get lonely too not being on there.

G Files >>> Blue Carpet Treatment

Dogg Ly Dogg

I think westcoast fans these days aint lookin for G-Funk anymore
But anyway from the snippets I've heard it doesnt sound dope at all...
except for a couple joints but lets wait til the retail release to really judge this album.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:10:37 AM by Shuguang Junior »

Dippafly

• 'G'
album's gon be tight! btw, midnite hour was dope as fuck.  if u dont think it was dope, then u aint listend to it.
SLEPT ON CLASSICS

Smoke

album souns dope
fuck the haters

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I just got through previewing the whole album,  to me its 4/5 MICS. It's a breath of fresh air, especially for fans of west coast rap.

"What's Wrong" and "Hold On" have a story behind them, "Skate Skate" reminds me of old school Warren G, "100 Miles & Runnin" is a great collaboration between the East and West and a great rap record. "Let's Get High" is chilled as fuck, "West is Back" is a smooth laid back summertime record, "Drinks Aint Free" also, which is my favorite on my first listen.

Seriously I don't have time for haters, this is 2009 not 1994. I enjoyed the old school sound, and in all fairness, Warren G is probably the only artist still putting out good music remenicent of that era. Snoop, Game and others release dope albums, but they all follow whats hot and. There's no Lil Jon, 50 Cent, Neyo, Timbaland, Lil Wayne, Pharrell Williams,  etc on The G Files, he's not following the 'trend'.... Swagger Rich is a term used nowadays, but that track is a superb slice of 'mainstream rap'.

..... fuck ironmike.... there isnt any wack tracks on The G Files IMO!
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Mista Rosa

First,i see people talking about "in the midnite hour" , to me i was a good album with great features ( bishop lamont snoop dogg nate dogg ice cube breal raphael saadiq.. ) stop hating..

But it's obvious that when you have listened to his first records and when you a early fan, you expect much more from warren g.

i'm gonna wait to judge the album till i have it but you gonna admit that when you have waited for 4 years a warren album and on the new one you have only 13 songs including an old one and 5 songs already leaked, it's very frustrating and i get the people that are not warren g fan that are not gonna buy the album cuz i would have do the same..

so let's wait a lil bit to judge but it seems that warren g did not do the right things with the record even if the intention was right and the skills are still here: too many leaks, average songs like crush, bullshit topics like ringtone and swagger rich, guests not at the level we were used to ( remember "i want it all" ? daz kurupt snoop rbx mack 10 nate dogg JD etc.. ), only 13 songs, the war with the fans to have nate dogg on the record (we know that 100 miles and runnin was for somebody else).
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."