Author Topic: Michel'le Deathrow Days FULL Interview  (Read 733 times)

woof

Michel'le Deathrow Days FULL Interview
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »

Portugoal

Re: Michel'le Deathrow Days FULL Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
Mirrors in case those fools delete it when they see it's posted over here:

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »
Props.. nice read..

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
wait a second...suge stole a song from 1 artist and gave it to another?  Wow, and I thought everything was so proper over there.  This whole time I was convinced everyone signed their correct paperwork and got the correct publishing credits and everything for every bit of work they did.  Hmm, maybe it wasn't so clean cut over there after all.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »
You are still on this publishing thing? Move on. I've explained it already and you still don't seem to get it. I never said the publishing was "correct" or "accurate" at Death Row. I said it existed. Death Row did have a history of fucking over the artists but it protected its own ass. I don't know how many other ways I can explain this because I thought I did a pretty thorough job, the last time.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
Awesome read + info... man, Wideawake needs to get thier act together and find those Dre produced Michele records.... and the OG version of lets play house with her singing on it?!

Great interview

V2DHeart

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
Mirrors in case those fools delete it when they see it's posted over here

What do you mean idiots? It's tagged for a reason. The forum is fine with it being spread around
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »
WOW! This is interesting, reading this interview. Suge was eating off that publishing. Damn, this goes 2 show that it's some interesting cutz in tha vault besides Snoop, 2Pac, Tha Dogg Pound, etc. I need that original version of Let's Play House 2 be released bcuz Michel'le did her thang. Plus, it's a classic anyway.

Portugoal

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
Mirrors in case those fools delete it when they see it's posted over here

What do you mean idiots? It's tagged for a reason. The forum is fine with it being spread around

There are so many DR/2Pac sites around these days you don't know who's who anymore.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 01:02:32 AM »
props for the read. 8)

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 03:04:44 AM »
Propz for this - damn, Suge was an asshole for not letting people hang out with eachother...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »
Nice read...

...She revealed some new info in this I hadn't heard before.  I always had a feeling that "Let's Play House" came from an outside source.  The reason I say this, is because the Dogg Pound were on RapCity way back in the day, and they were asked what the first single would be and they actually said "Reality".   So the way I see it they did their Dogg Food sessions and the best cut they had for a first single was "Reality".  So either Suge or Dre probably said that they needed to keep working to find a lead single.  Maybe then they enlisted Pooh or stole that "New York, New York" track from him, and also around the same time they must of stole "Let's Play House" from Michelle'.  This gave them what they needed to go out and make the album the classic that it became.  Great single by the way, can't think of the album without that song.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

StevenQBosell

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »
Nice read...

...She revealed some new info in this I hadn't heard before.  I always had a feeling that "Let's Play House" came from an outside source.  The reason I say this, is because the Dogg Pound were on RapCity way back in the day, and they were asked what the first single would be and they actually said "Reality".   So the way I see it they did their Dogg Food sessions and the best cut they had for a first single was "Reality".  So either Suge or Dre probably said that they needed to keep working to find a lead single.  Maybe then they enlisted Pooh or stole that "New York, New York" track from him, and also around the same time they must of stole "Let's Play House" from Michelle'.  This gave them what they needed to go out and make the album the classic that it became.  Great single by the way, can't think of the album without that song.

Ain't that the truth... love getting all this info on the goings on behind the scenes at 90's Deathrow.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
Propz for this - damn, Suge was an asshole for not letting people hang out with eachother...

Lol.. you mean Michel'le hangin out with other people.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

2euce 7even

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »

Lol.. you mean Michel'le hangin out with other people.

why was suge doin all the bullying?shit´s senseless