Author Topic: Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz  (Read 809 times)

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
I think that G malone had a buzz with certified , Jay rock with All my life  Problem with toe up ect.... Why they didn't put the album when the buzz was already here ? Now they all lost their little buzz they gain with their single. They all have to rebuilt a new one from the start.I know that it's not the rapper's fault ! But it sad they don't takr advantage of thei little buzz ! It's like if their single don't take the number one spot they will not have an album out !

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:18:27 AM »
lets not forget Clyde Carson -2 step, hood stomped the 2 joints with Sean Kingston,,,what a waist really....

How hard can it be really .. drop a mixtape get some buzz,, drop a singel..see how it goes..if its good,,DROP A FUCKING ALBUM!!

Blasphemy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »
Same with Bishop Lamont, WHen Grow Up dropped a video was promised and all that. Eventually nothing happened, it downed down and he's been having Dropped rumors left and right lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »
It just shows how hard it is to establish yourself on the West Coast. Even when you do get a buzz going, it's only temporary. I think to many of these artists are slow to act because they don't realize how quickly they can fade away. Plus the industry doesn't really have any faith in West Coast rappers.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »
lets not forget Clyde Carson -2 step, hood stomped the 2 joints with Sean Kingston,,,what a waist really....

How hard can it be really .. drop a mixtape get some buzz,, drop a singel..see how it goes..if its good,,DROP A FUCKING ALBUM!!

Because these artists (most of them) are on labels. These A&Rs half of them don't know shit about buzz and hype in the streets so they keep dragging and delaying projects most of the time to the point when it drops no one is checking for it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »

Because these artists (most of them) are on labels. These A&Rs half of them don't know shit about buzz and hype in the streets so they keep dragging and delaying projects most of the time to the point when it drops no one is checking for it.
true, but Bishop Lamont could have done more independently(i'm not even talking about labels)
after Grow Up he changed plans i guess

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:06:41 PM »

true, but Bishop Lamont could have done more independently(i'm not even talking about labels)

Yeah he could, but once you sign your name on that dotted line, that label basically owns you. At the very least the music.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:08:54 PM »

Yeah he could, but once you sign your name on that dotted line, that label basically owns you. At the very least the music.
oh yeah that's true, the street albums dropped with permission from interscope.

then again, he never talks about leaving, so he must be stuck?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
So as much as artists want to run around and say oh this record is doing this or my label does not control me, unless you are really doing the damn thing indie, you have someone to answer to. And if that person aint feeling the single or the album, it ain't coming out.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 12:13:37 PM »

Interscope I will give it to them, they ain't no dummies. Yeah they will let the street albums go because it does keep Bishop relevant and working. The main thing they are focused on is little to NO Dre beats on those street albums. Don't want to give out the grade A material for free.

Bishop might also feel hey I need to lay back and take it easy on leaking records and talking about my situation if I really want to come out. They could have laid it out to him and said hey until the big 3 come out, forget it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »
So as much as artists want to run around and say oh this record is doing this or my label does not control me, unless you are really doing the damn thing indie, you have someone to answer to. And if that person aint feeling the single or the album, it ain't coming out.

Interscope I will give it to them, they ain't no dummies. Yeah they will let the street albums go because it does keep Bishop relevant and working. The main thing they are focused on is little to NO Dre beats on those street albums. Don't want to give out the grade A material for free.

Bishop might also feel hey I need to lay back and take it easy on leaking records and talking about my situation if I really want to come out. They could have laid it out to him and said hey until the big 3 come out, forget it.

yeah this once again proves that Laconic was right: Bishop should have never signed with Aftermath.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
It wouldnt suprise me that if half these artists only have 1 hot song and nothing that comes close to a completed album.

Especially in the eyes of A&R's at big labels.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »
The only artist that I have seen on Aftermath that had success in leaking records without permission is 50 Cent. That is what got the buzz going for The Massacre in the first place was him leaking material. So as much as they "did not like it", money wise and from a buzz and anticipation standpoint it worked. So being that is almost the standard from a label's standpoint, sure Bishop leaking Grow Up, it ended up on the radio, couple podcasts picked it up and some people got excited about it. But as unfair as this is going to sound, this is how labels think, it was not on the level of what 50 did. Not to the point people are demanding a Bishop album in the streets. So the label feels that he needs more time and they need more time to build him up as a artist. How ever long that is going to take.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
The only artist that I have seen on Aftermath that had success in leaking records without permission is 50 Cent. That is what got the buzz going for The Massacre in the first place was him leaking material. So as much as they "did not like it", money wise and from a buzz and anticipation standpoint it worked. So being that is almost the standard from a label's standpoint, sure Bishop leaking Grow Up, it ended up on the radio, couple podcasts picked it up and some people got excited about it. But as unfair as this is going to sound, this is how labels think, it was not on the level of what 50 did. Not to the point people are demanding a Bishop album in the streets. So the label feels that he needs more time and they need more time to build him up as a artist. How ever long that is going to take.
The problem is no one in the West Coast can maintain any buzz for a long period of time. That's why it would be better to simply release an album and collect whatever you can. Of course for record labels time is money. Why waste time putting out an album that might sell well, when they got several artists that might develop into guaranteed sellers?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »
i think leaking Grow Up really made Bishop's situation worse