Author Topic: Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath qustion about this cd  (Read 888 times)

Mietek23

Re: Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath qustion about this cd
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 02:02:44 AM »
I think this compilation bangs hard! There's a couple album fillers but overall it's really dope CD! My fav tracks are:

- East Coast/West Coast Killas
- Shittin' on the World
- Blunt Time
- Been There, Done That
- As the World Keeps Turning
- Got Me Open
- Str-8 Gone

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 06:28:28 AM »
 people deez days dont think this Compilation is good

on the other hand people who grew up on DRE/90s shit since The chronic did enjoy this album

i remember my brotha gettin all hyped up bout this compilation back n the days i think he had a poster for this album too...

MarshColin

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 03:18:19 AM »
This album was dope.  There were only three or four tracks on the album that I wasnt feeling.  Plus u gotta understand Dre only did 5 tracks on the album and all his shit was dope.
yeah that's the biggest misconception: people thought it was a Dre produced album.

Ya but just because it wasn't a totally Dre produced album isn't an excuse for it not being up to standards. I know you guys didn't make that statement, but I feel like that's what you were implying. It was Dre's project and his label that put it out so he's ultimately responsible for what is on the album. And I'm not even bagging on this album because I like it a lot. I just think Dre had better shit up his sleeve at that time that would've made the album way better. Doesn't mean it's not a good album, but if I have to blame somebody for it not being better, it's gonna be Dre because he oversaw everything about that compilation.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 03:42:59 AM »
- East Coast/West Coast Killas
- Shittin' on the World
- Blunt Time
- Been There, Done That
- As the World Keeps Turning
- Got Me Open
- Str-8 Gone
- L.A.W.
- Nationowl

these were my fave traks. i did think dre produced this album all of it but he didnt but it still sounded dope.wonder hy he didnt produce the whole thing, would it have sound better?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 05:13:22 AM »
This album was dope.  There were only three or four tracks on the album that I wasnt feeling.  Plus u gotta understand Dre only did 5 tracks on the album and all his shit was dope.
yeah that's the biggest misconception: people thought it was a Dre produced album.

Ya but just because it wasn't a totally Dre produced album isn't an excuse for it not being up to standards. I know you guys didn't make that statement, but I feel like that's what you were implying. It was Dre's project and his label that put it out so he's ultimately responsible for what is on the album. And I'm not even bagging on this album because I like it a lot. I just think Dre had better shit up his sleeve at that time that would've made the album way better. Doesn't mean it's not a good album, but if I have to blame somebody for it not being better, it's gonna be Dre because he oversaw everything about that compilation.
no i wasn't implying that.

i was just pointing out that a lot of people had wrong expectations.
and it got dismissed for not being as good as The Chronic.

off course Dre could have done a better job, he was the executive producer after all.
he should have never put so many artists on there.

but to me it's definitely not a bad compilation at all, i happen to like quite a few songs, including the intro:

Got me open ( decent at best)
Fame
Eastcoast/Westcoast Killaz
Str8 Gone
Blunt Time
As The World Keeps Turning
Been there, done that

i also think it's silly that some people won't even listen to it, due to other people's opinions.

by the way, i once made a poll & put it up against the Wash soundtrack:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=182294.0

Desert Lord

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »
"as the world keeps turnin' is smooth as fuck...always loved this song...
the whole "album" is far from bad. you really have to keep in mind that this is NOT a dr. dre solo-album...it's was a compilation to introduce his new label

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
i dl cd's and never heard this either :laugh:  heard it was horrible so...

You should be ashamed of yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, Aftermath Presents is a historic album.  This is a great piece of hip-hop history.  Dre leaving Death Row while they were on top, created and released right around 2pac's death; and Dre taking his stance against East/West war and gangsta rap.  This shit is historic!  Let me review a few tracks...

1.  Intro- 0 out of 10-  Have to admit, the intro was kind of wack.

2.  Dre, KRS, Nas, RBX, B-Real-  "East Coast Killah/ West Coast Killah"  -  10 out of 10  One of the greatest and most historic hip-hop songs and video's ever made!

3.  Mel-Man-  "Shittin On The World"-  7 out of 10-  One of the only times you'll get to hear Mel-Man on the mic.  The beat is sick, and Mel-Man's lyrics are highly entertaining.

4.  RBX- "Blunt Time"-  7 out of 10-  RBX was going with some sort of Rasta image at the time. Whatever it was, he blazed this joint!!

5.  Dr. Dre- "Been There Done That"-  8 out of 10-  This track is probably the most realistic track Dre has done in his whole carear.  It's definitely the most personal song and video of his.  It is somewhat inspirational, a little too rich for my taste, but definitely some smooth shit that Dre was on at the time.

9. King Tee-  "Str8 Gone"-  8.5 out of 10-  Along with tracks like "Dippin" this is probably King Tee's best song, the beat is a classic West Coast gangsta rap style beat, hits hard (track is kind of gangsta even though Dre was going away from that sound).

14. Nationowl-  "Nationowl"-  9 out of 10-  This track is highly under-rated!!  There was a rumor that this dude was Hittman, but his pics in the liner notes show he clearly is not Hittman, but his voice and flow sound nearly identical.  The beat for this song is blazing, in a melancholy and somber tone.  His lyrics are unfadeable "chew an emcee like wrigley", too bad we never heard from this dude again.

15. Ruben Cruz and King Tee "Fame"-  6.5 out of 10-  This track failed to reach it's full potential.  It's a David Bowie cover, Dre origionally wanted Busta Rhymes on it and wanted it to be a huge single for the album; but somehow it got lost.

...this album has ended up having more replay value than other albums from that era.  It's a very mature album, so it's been easy to listen to for me, from when I was 14 and the album had just came out, to now being 27, it still bangs and is still relevant... although sadly it became sort of a novelty record for Dre.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:04:49 AM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
i dl cd's and never heard this either :laugh:  heard it was horrible so...

You don't buy albums?