Author Topic: Stat Quo says Statlanta is still coming soon  (Read 544 times)

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
Stat Quo says Statlanta is still coming soon
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:22 AM »
In the studio wit Bussa Bus, Statlanta coming sooner than later. I know yall tired of hearing that, hell I'm tired of sayin it, lol!!!!about 7 hours ago from TwitterBerry
......Oh yeah I'm still DETOXIN. '10 is gonna be great!!!!about 7 hours ago from TwitterBerry

http://twitter.com/Statquo

I really don't know what to say about this. Do you believe Stat will drop this album? If I had to choose between this and Reformation, my choice would probably be the latter but anyway. I find it very weird though that Stat is so much into this Detox project, it seems like he was just nowhere releasing some mixtapes and then back again on Aftermath. I haven't heard a lot of his shit, but do you really think he is so dope as a rapper and a lyricist that DR is fuckin that much with him again (pause).  :-\ :-\

MediumL

Re: Stat Quo says Statlanta is still coming soon
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:06 AM »
I'd be hyped to hear Statlanta although I hope it wasn't too affected by pressure from Jimmy to dumb down the lyrics. I remember the tracklist being really good. It is a bit weird that all of a sudden he was back on with Detox. Maybe Dre felt bad about how he handled the situation with Stat or maybe there's something happening at Aftermath they we're all olbivious to.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »
We definitely need to hear the album, the tracklist looked crazy and the reviews were all in favor.

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:59:22 AM »
I don't know if the album will be released (whenever that is) as it was planned to be back in '07. If it is a whole new Shady/Aftermath project released under Interscope umbrella I doubt it will be like this. But anyway, it's not going to be released earlier than '10 summer so...

MediumL

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:02:41 AM »
^ Thats if it is released on Aftermath. For all we know, the original Statlanta and the Statlanta he's talking about could be two completely different things. Sure they may allow him to keep some of the tracks from the original but they may stop him from using all of it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:29:12 AM »
^ Thats if it is released on Aftermath. For all we know, the original Statlanta and the Statlanta he's talking about could be two completely different things. Sure they may allow him to keep some of the tracks from the original but they may stop him from using all of it.

Yer, probably all the Dre produced tracks. Its one of my most wanted unreleased albums. Its gotta come out.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »
I cant see it getting released through aftermath.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »

well.. they know what they doin.. stat and dre workin together for detox so im sure they will have a plan b with stats album...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Invincible

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »
Like I said in another thread, hopefuuly he can do a King T and get it released on another label.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
it was coming soon and its still coming soon. move along, nothing to see here ;D

for real i would love to hear it. the scott storch joint (touch the sky or something) is meant to be one of the best he's ever done.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
It is a bit weird that all of a sudden he was back on with Detox. Maybe Dre felt bad about how he handled the situation with Stat or maybe there's something happening at Aftermath they we're all olbivious to.
I think it has something to do with Eminems drug problem. I remember Stat said something about Em taking some comment on Stats single the wrong way and basically just ignoring Stat after that...propably was the drugs fucking him up so they got back together after he sobered up or something? Anyways Stat working with the camp again sounds great, hopefully they get some shit actually released also.  :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »
look out for Detox, hahaha!

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
I cant see it getting released through aftermath.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »
Atleast he's in the studio :laugh: