Author Topic: will we ever see as good a QB as Peyton Manning ever again??????  (Read 272 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: will we ever see as good a QB as Peyton Manning ever again??????
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 10:26:56 PM »
Alot of QBs stats would be inflated if they were inside a DOME.

that does play a role in his success, no doubt.

When will people understand that dome isn't as big a deal as people think. It's actually better for a QB to be playing ing and getting used to a terribly cold stadium because most defenses can't handle it. It's easier for Favre to pick a part a defense in Green Bay at minus 10 weather than it is for Peyton to do it in a dome. Defenses love domes. They hate New England in January.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

does the AFC have any other dome teams?  no...so he def plays plenty of outside games my friend.  Don't use the "indoor" arguement, it's not like a baseball player hitting iin Colorado 

he plays 8 games & usually two playoff games in that dome.

When will people understand that dome isn't as big a deal as people think. It's actually better for a QB to be playing ing and getting used to a terribly cold stadium because most defenses can't handle it. It's easier for Favre to pick a part a defense in Green Bay at minus 10 weather than it is for Peyton to do it in a dome. Defenses love domes. They hate New England in January.

but good luck making passes in 20 MPH winds; you never have to worry about the weather fucking up the throw.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

does the AFC have any other dome teams?  no...so he def plays plenty of outside games my friend.  Don't use the "indoor" arguement, it's not like a baseball player hitting iin Colorado 

he plays 8 games & usually two playoff games in that dome.

but good luck making passes in 20 MPH winds; you never have to worry about the weather fucking up the throw.

It doesn't matter when the throws are screen passes and defenders from domes or warm climates are slipping all over the place, or when they slipped before hand and a WR is untouched by himself down the field. Domes help QBs throw better, but winter helps WRs make plays. As a QB I'd rather risk my throw in the wind with no defenders in the area than throw a strike in tight coverage.

All I'm saying is that despite having 50 TDs in a season Brady didn't see his best quarter of football until it snowed in October and the south came up north to play. Favre also has had some huge games against defenses not ready for Green Bay. As a Bills fan I've seen Jim Kelly run up the score in the playoffs against teams just as good as the Bills.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
^i didn't see Brady's name anywhere in my post...

all i'm saying is Peyton wouldn't have the success he does in the wind.

i mean all you say all the time is how Peyton makes the greatest throw imaginable; you couldn't design a better throw.

so even if in a dome the defense plays better, Peyton is obviously good enough go make those passes through the defenders.

he wouldn't be making the same throws & plays with the wind howling in his face or from side to side with a semi-blizzard out, freezing his hand & making it harder to grip the ball.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
^i didn't see Brady's name anywhere in my post...

all i'm saying is Peyton wouldn't have the success he does in the wind.

i mean all you say all the time is how Peyton makes the greatest throw imaginable; you couldn't design a better throw.

so even if in a dome the defense plays better, Peyton is obviously good enough go make those passes through the defenders.

he wouldn't be making the same throws & plays with the wind howling in his face or from side to side with a semi-blizzard out, freezing his hand & making it harder to grip the ball.

I was using Brady, in an attempt to show how much the weather can help a QB. I never said you mentioned him.

I agree that Peyton's touch would be useless in snowy, windy games, but my point was that his numbers maybe even out or even have become better if he because accustomed to cold weather because he'd be on a team with WRs that become accustomed to cold weather. Peyton's yac might go up by a lot and he wouldn't have to make the perfect throws if the WRs get wide open more often.