Author Topic: How To Get A Single Buzzing These Days..  (Read 463 times)

Jome

How To Get A Single Buzzing These Days..
« on: November 24, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »
Am I the only one tired of the "buzz stages"..?

1. Release or leak low quality snippet.
2. Acquire spot on the radio or interview online about the leak, explain how shocked/appalled you are, that it leaked.
3. Release low quality radio rip or longer snippet, with some DJ screaming over it.
4. See phase 2, but add that the final version will be much better sounding than the "bootleg" version, and name 23 of the guests on your album.
5. Make sure that the track does the mixtape rounds, and is talked about on the net.
6. If 5 mentioned steps fail, ABORT single, deny the existence of said single.
7. If 5 first steps succeeds, release CD-quality single all over the net, after supplying the "exclusive single" to 75 mixtape DJ's.
8. Prepare "sizzling hot video", with press promo leaked to all sites/outlets.
9. See phase 2, but talk about the videos hotness, video hoes, and "famous" video director & random celeb cameos.
10. Release "Behind the scenes footage" from the video, state that the final video is "not far off".
11. Release 10-30 second snippet/teaser of the video, possibly on 2-3 different occasions.
12. Wait a week or two, release the full video.
13. People are already tired of the track, and album gets pushed back.

GangstaBoogy

Re: How To Get A Single Buzzing These Days..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
Honestly, I'm getting tired of music as a whole. Which hurts me to say cuz music is my first love. But man nowadays theres NOTHING new thats actually good. I love my classics / favorites but I don't wanna hear the same old shit over and over. Last few months I flat out ignore the radio stations in the car cuz this shit is getting worst then I ever imagined.

As far as what you said, word man. Shit is so predictable.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
You're right on point with that. This is why I always just wait for the album to be out now and not listen to the radio ever. I don't care much about music videos anymore either unless its some "have to see" shit.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
lol pretty much on point all the way. hip hop needs a new approach, kinda like how the whole mixtape scene started jumpin off, revolutionised how artists approached building up a buzz. but that shits just tired now. how should it be done now? i dunno  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »
LOL. So true. Especially stage 13.

Anticipating singles/music videos seems like a life time ago. The game is such a joke these days.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

boyz in the south dont go thru none of the stages..

take the dope money earned..

hit up every black college campus find out where the big parties are..show up..

put few dollars in the dj pocket to perform the shit live..on the spot..

Pow!

G-Funk

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
*etc, some dope shit, etc etc*

Ha ha ha! Spot on!
Reminds me of that Dr. Dre produced Bishop Lamont track last year, "Grow Up".

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »

2. Acquire spot on the radio or interview online about the leak, explain how shocked/appalled you are, that it leaked.
3. Release low quality radio rip or longer snippet, with some DJ screaming over it.
4. See phase 2, but add that the final version will be much better sounding than the "bootleg" version, and name 23 of the guests on your album.
5. Make sure that the track does the mixtape rounds, and is talked about on the net.
7. If 5 first steps succeeds, release CD-quality single all over the net, after supplying the "exclusive single" to 75 mixtape DJ's.
9. See phase 2, but talk about the videos hotness, video hoes, and "famous" video director & random celeb cameos.
10. Release "Behind the scenes footage" from the video, state that the final video is "not far off".
11. Release 10-30 second snippet/teaser of the video, possibly on 2-3 different occasions.

that is A process but not THE process... depends on the type of artist you are, and who your target audience is....

people like Tech N9ne do not follow that process... and before you talk shit on Tech, you'd better go check sound scan first.....

But I get the point you were trying to make and agree with that point as far as the artists that follow that process....

if that shit bothers you, why don't you start listening to artists who don't follow that process....

hello, one guy in here already said he don't listen to the radio, sounds like you should follow suit...
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »
we're forgetting the Wayne, Drake, Kanye verse or Autotune hook.

G-Funk

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 07:04:59 PM »
we're forgetting the Wayne, Drake, Kanye verse

I think that would go under
Quote from: Jome
4. ......name 23 of the guests on your album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »
we're forgetting the Wayne, Drake, Kanye verse

I think that would go under
Quote from: Jome
4. ......name 23 of the guests on your album.

this is true, but have a lot of features and have a cool single.

have one of those guys & you got one of the top selling singles of the year lol.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, LMAO at the whole thang, but number 6 is pure truth x 10.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »

that is A process but not THE process... depends on the type of artist you are, and who your target audience is....

people like Tech N9ne do not follow that process... and before you talk shit on Tech, you'd better go check sound scan first.....

But I get the point you were trying to make and agree with that point as far as the artists that follow that process....

if that shit bothers you, why don't you start listening to artists who don't follow that process....

hello, one guy in here already said he don't listen to the radio, sounds like you should follow suit...

word. I don't even follow buzz.

Shango

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
Invent a new Dance....

Jome

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 06:06:14 AM »

You're assuming, and jumping to conclusions now..  :nawty:

Invent a new Dance....

lol yeah, forgot about that one.