Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal  (Read 1087 times)

EFFeX

Re: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
Lunatic, is Knoc still using that song with K-Young as a single on the album?

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »
There are specifically 3 songs, 1 of which we'd love to get on this project and keep the other 2 for "Book of Knoc." If your talking about "If U Wanna" with K. Young, that is 1 of the 3 songs. The other 2 are "Buy You a Rose" (also featuring K. Young) and "Gimme the Night" (remake of the classic George Benson version). We're hoping to roll with one of those as a lead single for "Knoc's Ville" and keep the other 2 for "Book of Knoc" as stated.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

the ghost

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:26 PM »
There are specifically 3 songs, 1 of which we'd love to get on this project and keep the other 2 for "Book of Knoc." If your talking about "If U Wanna" with K. Young, that is 1 of the 3 songs. The other 2 are "Buy You a Rose" (also featuring K. Young) and "Gimme the Night" (remake of the classic George Benson version). We're hoping to roll with one of those as a lead single for "Knoc's Ville" and keep the other 2 for "Book of Knoc" as stated.

What I wanna know is how Mil stole your thunder on this post! ;)

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
Distribution is the easiest to get... Whos paying for co-op, marketing, promo, radio, video, pluggers etc? We all know treacherous have no clie there. Thats what matters, not distribution.
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

EFFeX

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »

Yeah, it was "If U Wanna", I remember Mickey was talking about that track a while back, been looking forward to it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »
Good shit, glad to see it finally get distro. Knoc said "I’ve re-created myself and did what I had to do to get a good distribution situation.", hopefully he doesn't mean he's compromised the music in any way to get a deal?
To answer your question, no new music was made to land the deal, therefore no music was compromised. The stuff he already has done is what got the deal. U know Knoc has always been a good songwriter. You'll hear a bit of a more mainstream single probably, but wasn't "bad intentions" a little more mainstream? That's what i mean. With the ability to sing hooks and change his voice, Knoc knows how to make good mainstream music.

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah bro that's good. From what I read it sounded like he went back and made a poppy single to get the deal. "Bad Intentions" was mainstream but not commercial in anyway. Props bro, definitely be looking forward to this!

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
Good shit, glad to see it finally get distro. Knoc said "I’ve re-created myself and did what I had to do to get a good distribution situation.", hopefully he doesn't mean he's compromised the music in any way to get a deal?
To answer your question, no new music was made to land the deal, therefore no music was compromised. The stuff he already has done is what got the deal. U know Knoc has always been a good songwriter. You'll hear a bit of a more mainstream single probably, but wasn't "bad intentions" a little more mainstream? That's what i mean. With the ability to sing hooks and change his voice, Knoc knows how to make good mainstream music.

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah bro that's good. From what I read it sounded like he went back and made a poppy single to get the deal. "Bad Intentions" was mainstream but not commercial in anyway. Props bro, definitely be looking forward to this!
Nah, not all. The songs everyone involved considered to be his "singles" were already recorded before the distribution deal was even being talked about.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »

Looks like a win/win to me. Luna has been been putting in mad work with all the features and interviews so the more sites that jump on to this, the better. I salute you homie.

EFFeX

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »

Looks like a win/win to me. Luna has been been putting in mad work with all the features and interviews so the more sites that jump on to this, the better. I salute you homie.

Definitely, it's always a blessing to see a movement that you've been so involved in start to take off.

David Gutterman

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:32:41 AM »
Good stuff KNOC!

Paul

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 02:59:46 AM »
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Knocturnal signing Distribution Deal
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
Wanted to say congrats to Justin, Chad & Jonathan for this signing and all they've done.  They've come a long way from being members of this board to being players in the industry!!!

Congrats to Knoc too.  Can't wait to see his release!!!

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Knocturnal signing Distribution Deal
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
You talk as though getting distribution is hard?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Blood$

Re: Knocturnal signing Distribution Deal
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »
You talk as though getting distribution is hard?

well with the climate in the music industry being the way it is now, I would say it's definitely not as easy as it once was...