Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal  (Read 1086 times)

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Knocturnal signing Distribution Deal
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 07:47:24 PM »
Getting a record deal, or licensing your album to a decent record label is hard unless your selling well with a big buzz.

But just "Distribution"? You can get that anywhere. With an artist like Knocturnal, any distributor will pick him up.

Now if this big deal contains a decent artist advance and markering budgets, then well done. But just a dist deal means all ths expenses aee on you.

Not hating, just explaining

Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »
Didn't talk as if it's hard.  But for Justin, Chad & Jonathan to go from average joes on a westcoast rap website to helping an artist get a distribution deal and getting involved in the music biz.  I give them their props.  These guy's are making moves and I think it's cool what they've done.

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 04:57:29 AM »
Ok i didnt know they were some website guys, never heard the names before. Respect then. Make sure you get a good music lawyer.  If you need any advice my brother can assist.
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 05:02:13 AM »
Yeah, congratulations to them but distribution is easy to get especially at Fontana. If they give Daz, Kurupt, and Global Music Group distribution, best believe you can get it too. Lol.

Blood$

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »
Ok i didnt know they were some website guys, never heard the names before. Respect then. Make sure you get a good music lawyer.  If you need any advice my brother can assist.

yup, Justin = Lunatic on here... that's the homie  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »

yup, Justin = Lunatic on here... that's the homie  8)
I appreciate u big bro
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Okka

Re: Dubcnn Exclusive: Knoc-turn'al Signs Distribution Deal
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
I know this is off-topic but was there supposed to be a video for "Peepin Tom"? Westcoast2k reported back in 2003 that it was goin' to be the first single from Knoc-Turn'Al's album, "The Way I Am" album was supposed to be called "The LP" back then.

01/18/03 |  Update On Knoc-Turn'al
Knoc-Turn'al's new album titled "The LP" is expected to hit stores this Spring if not sooner, but theres no set dates yet. The first single is called "Peepin Tom" which we posted a few months back. Its currently makin rounds on radio stations. Here it is again for those who missed it, "Peepin Tom".

Knoc's last release was the CD single for "Muzik". The single has 2 bonus cuts, which are "Born 2 Hustle" feat. S-Dog (produced by Uzi), and "Its All About The Doe" (produced by Battlecat).

Last but not least a lil somethin somethin, here's an unreleased song by Knoc featuring Ms. Roq, Sticky Fingaz & W-Ballz. You'll remember Ms Roq from Dre's "Chronic 2001". Its called "Eastwest Shyt" and was produced by Battlecat, and will remain unreleased.

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »
Yeah but it definitely never went further than that speculation. I don't think one was ever shot unless it was unreleased. I'll ask Knoc. Pretty sure after Snoop got on "The Way I Am", it was a wrap. Good because "Peepin' Tom" wouldn't have been a good single anyways. "Have Fun" would have been the best 2nd single although it was years old.

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »
New Knoc interviews coming soon. Release date will be announced shortly. Also, the single is being worked on and getting finalized. Stay with me y'all!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

Okka

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
Lookin forward to hearin the new single and i really hope that the shit will be released when it's supposed to.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »
New Knoc interviews coming soon. Release date will be announced shortly. Also, the single is being worked on and getting finalized. Stay with me y'all!

hell yeah!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
Lookin forward to hearin the new single and i really hope that the shit will be released when it's supposed to.
Knoc needs to put some finishing touches on the single and Komplex needs to finish the beat. We want to throw two bonus tracks on the album and re-mix the leaked street single with some dope west names. After that, turn in the project and get it out!