Author Topic: Where are all the Dr. Dre critics at now?  (Read 1797 times)

Lucifuge

Re: Where are all the Dr. Dre critics at now?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »
like he is mozart ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »

Never really heard much of RZA so wat songs do u recommend I check out that shows how great of a producer you say he is?
if you never heard the Wu-tang classics then ...wow

but here's some recent RZA work

Bananas

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
I havent heard any Dre shit this year that knocked my socks off, I dont know what all the hype is about.

Jome

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
He def looking good with the beats on refill though, not so much on relapse, thats decent, some nice stuff but noway in hell is that the best produced cd since 2001.

I'm pretty sure that if you put Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, Xzibit, Cube, and a couple of other foolios on the Relapse beats, Dubcc would be going ape shit sideways somersault over those beats..

But because it's Eminem, too often using atrocious kiddie antics, the beats gets degraded by default.. couple it with a bad or annoying hook, and the beat doesn't get 1/3rd the shine it deserves.
Em can still murder a Dre-beat, but he ruins it with the childish stuff, noises, the Reeves disses, and hooks ranging from average to bad.

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 10:26:52 PM »
^^Im agree with those last 2 posts

Ain't nobody callin' him wack, some people just don't like his new productions.

it's not even that, homie is trying to hard to be so secretive about shit and then when it comes out, you go like "is that it". 

& this one too ^^

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 05:29:45 AM »
Mayne dre. is doing dre...im not a fan of all this perfectionest bullshit,but im very pleased that dre makes loopish style beats ..thats part of hiphop.hell (rza,premo,)all except the southern cats make loopish beats....these new producers now days just use heavy bass,and claps or snares..dre is old school,he fucks with the (BOOM,BAP) theory ya dig. ;)

BIGWORM

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 10:10:50 AM »
I was one of the haters str8 up. But after the work he did on the Relapse album man I'm taking my ball and going home!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
Depends what you mean by this thread. If you're syaing a critic is someone who is not allowed is just simply a hater, this thread is immature, if you're saying that where are those that just hated on dre for hating, then its another thing.

But a critic is important and i'll say to this day that dre went through a patch where he fell off big time. He def looking good with the beats on refill though, not so much on relapse, thats decent, some nice stuff but noway in hell is that the best produced cd since 2001.

for me its like being critical of eminem for the way he spits come encore/relapse, the shit was terrible in terms or lyricism and as quality music. Should critics stay quiet because of the stuff he has put out before or be critical of it? There really not much difference between a hater and a groupie...being critical though is completely different.

Dre coming with some major nice beats right now, the stuff he did on BISD and Refill are both very good, so the instrumentals are def looking straight and hopefully we'll soon start seeing the whole package with it being an amazing track too to complete the instrumental.

Thats why i dont stay on nobody nuts, dres my fav producer of all time, easily, but i can recognize when dudes dropping heat and when he is slippin.

People who just love or hate everything someone does because they a 'fan' or 'dislike' *cough* groupie/hater *cough* someone make me laugh. Those who can judge without catchin feelings are the people i respect most personally.

And i agree with meho, when dres on top form nobodies touching him because he can do it all, but when the likes of neptunes/timbaland/khalil/jr/blaze/rza amongst others all come at they're peak too, they can all make just as good and better beats than dre too. Theres alot of talent in the producers who came through the hiphop ranks.

Definitely meant more your 2nd meaning on critic then the first. People definitely have the right to critique anyones work but it seems like at times Dre's work is like you said given the groupie treatment both ways. Did the thread more to spark dialogue on how people really felt about his music and as always you give the real. Dope ass post, +1
looks like you succeeded, once again!
good job 8)

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
This thread needs more instrumentals
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »
dre def fell off. his shit seems so simple and generic these days compared to his former self. refill had some mediocre ass beats. i dug the last one and music box but other then that it was pretty weak and neither of those are like a tenth as good as the shit he cranked out through the 90's and early 2000's.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »
He def looking good with the beats on refill though, not so much on relapse, thats decent, some nice stuff but noway in hell is that the best produced cd since 2001.

I'm pretty sure that if you put Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, Xzibit, Cube, and a couple of other foolios on the Relapse beats, Dubcc would be going ape shit sideways somersault over those beats..

But because it's Eminem, too often using atrocious kiddie antics, the beats gets degraded by default.. couple it with a bad or annoying hook, and the beat doesn't get 1/3rd the shine it deserves.
Em can still murder a Dre-beat, but he ruins it with the childish stuff, noises, the Reeves disses, and hooks ranging from average to bad.

Snoop can still murder a dre beat but he doesnt get enough. Kurupt who knows, etc etc etc, its kool to talk about if and buts but it was eminem who had all those beats on relapse and encore etc, and it was his cd which we're talking about. Best produced cd since 2001 doesnt mean best beats since 2001 and even if you want to talk solely about beats, its nowhere near the best produced cd since 2001.

Anyway i agree, eminem can still murder a dre track even if he aint shit in comparison to what he used to be, just like snoop etc, but in regards to relapse, its nothing more than an average cd at best, noway in hell is it the best produced cd since 2001. Alot of the beats sound recycled and some of the stuff is nice, but best produced cd since 2001? Hell nawww

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »
Depends what you mean by this thread. If you're syaing a critic is someone who is not allowed is just simply a hater, this thread is immature, if you're saying that where are those that just hated on dre for hating, then its another thing.

But a critic is important and i'll say to this day that dre went through a patch where he fell off big time. He def looking good with the beats on refill though, not so much on relapse, thats decent, some nice stuff but noway in hell is that the best produced cd since 2001.

for me its like being critical of eminem for the way he spits come encore/relapse, the shit was terrible in terms or lyricism and as quality music. Should critics stay quiet because of the stuff he has put out before or be critical of it? There really not much difference between a hater and a groupie...being critical though is completely different.

Dre coming with some major nice beats right now, the stuff he did on BISD and Refill are both very good, so the instrumentals are def looking straight and hopefully we'll soon start seeing the whole package with it being an amazing track too to complete the instrumental.

Thats why i dont stay on nobody nuts, dres my fav producer of all time, easily, but i can recognize when dudes dropping heat and when he is slippin.

People who just love or hate everything someone does because they a 'fan' or 'dislike' *cough* groupie/hater *cough* someone make me laugh. Those who can judge without catchin feelings are the people i respect most personally.

And i agree with meho, when dres on top form nobodies touching him because he can do it all, but when the likes of neptunes/timbaland/khalil/jr/blaze/rza amongst others all come at they're peak too, they can all make just as good and better beats than dre too. Theres alot of talent in the producers who came through the hiphop ranks.

Definitely meant more your 2nd meaning on critic then the first. People definitely have the right to critique anyones work but it seems like at times Dre's work is like you said given the groupie treatment both ways. Did the thread more to spark dialogue on how people really felt about his music and as always you give the real. Dope ass post, +1
good job 8)

yeh props dnice, you got discussion goin, no fault in that, its not even stupid talk either, so def a decent thread!  ;)

Just realise thers a different between being critical and those who catch feelings aka haters ;-)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »
The only real Dre fans are Dre critics as well.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »

good job 8)

yeh props dnice, you got discussion goin, no fault in that, its not even stupid talk either, so def a decent thread!  ;)

Just realise thers a different between being critical and those who catch feelings aka haters ;-)

oh yeah I definitely get that lol.  :)

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:48 PM »
refill belongs in a landfill. shits so wack.