Author Topic: Splinter Cell not only on X-box!! Microsoft tried to hush it..  (Read 238 times)

Jome

Splinter Cell not only on X-box!! Microsoft tried to hush it..
« on: November 22, 2002, 12:39:39 PM »
Microsoft tried to keep it a secret that the new game "Splinter Cell" is not a X-Box exclusive, which they wanted us to believe. (Pretty shady if you axe me)
Both Microsoft & Ubisoft has said for a long time that it will be a X-Box exclusive.
It's now known though, that the Microsoft-deal with Ubisoft is over after 2002, and then they're free to release it wherever they want.

It will be a PC-version, and it will very probably be a PS2 & Gamecube-version too..
Game looks dope as fuck.

Source:
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=4730157
(Norway's biggest News-paper)

elneckio

Re:Splinter Cell not only on X-box!! Microsoft tried to hush it..
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 01:12:50 PM »
I noticed its on the coming releases for PC in our local store, they predict Jan 2003.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 08:53:57 PM »
lmao whatever everyone should know its comin to the other consoles,but it was made for the xbox so that means it will be a downgrade for the other 2  i wouldnt even think bout gettin it on another console.....

Jome

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 09:07:22 PM »
lmao whatever everyone should know its comin to the other consoles,but it was made for the xbox so that means it will be a downgrade for the other 2  i wouldnt even think bout gettin it on another console.....

If another console had a "EXCLUSIVE" title, and it turned to out to be all lies, don't you think it would be kinda shady?
It's like you defend them for all it's worth..

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 10:28:48 PM »
its comin to pc

everyone knows that,they didnt hide that at all

its exclusive to the xbox as a console,which means no other CONSOLE will get it

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 11:58:39 PM »
Actually Jome.... not to beef... but most people knew about this for a while... Ubi Soft told IGN.com about this back in August.... their making Splinterr Cell for GC and the PS2, but in no way will they be the same... Splinter Cell was made for the Xbox... and will be the games best version...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

elneckio

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 12:52:09 AM »
Halo was supposed to be only available on XBox but will be making a PC appearance sometime.  I think XBox Exclusive translates to 'get to play it first'.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 01:12:21 AM »
yea

lol if ps2 and gamecube get it

lol there will be a huge graphic difference between there version and the xbox version

lol

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2002, 01:31:05 AM »
damn this is the best fuckin news ever for me....cause i was acctually thinking of gettin an X Box for this game....but now if they making it for ps2 next year i will just wait......damn i just saved about 250 bucks...fuck yeah

Sub-Z

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2002, 01:35:04 PM »
Halo was supposed to be only available on XBox but will be making a PC appearance sometime.  I think XBox Exclusive translates to 'get to play it first'.

wrong,halo was originally a pc game to begin with but microsoft bought bungie so they made it for xbox,but theyre letting them put it out on PC next year

and splinter cell will be shit on ps2 i gurantee it

Jome

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 05:21:14 PM »

and splinter cell will be shit on ps2 i gurantee it

Of course.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2002, 01:20:45 AM »
Jome.. not to beef cuz I really dont give a shit..

But you're just hatin!.. You probably didn't think the game looked "Dope as Fuck" until you found out it wasn't ONLY on Xbox. Just cuz you barely found out doesn't mean Microsoft was tryna make it a secret.. alot of people already knew... I think I heard it was only exclusive to Xbox for about 6 months.

And you act like Microsoft is way wrong for doing this but then again... I'm playin Medal Of Honor and Metal Gear Solid 2 on my Xbox.  It's all about tha money... everybody wants to get paid off those games.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 03:52:14 AM »
Oh well, it should have been an X-Box exclusive... but who cares really, the game is brilliant on Xbox and won't be better on other formats. So I don't really mind...

Jome

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 06:25:58 PM »
Jome.. not to beef cuz I really dont give a shit..

But you're just hatin!.. You probably didn't think the game looked "Dope as Fuck" until you found out it wasn't ONLY on Xbox. Just cuz you barely found out doesn't mean Microsoft was tryna make it a secret.. alot of people already knew... I think I heard it was only exclusive to Xbox for about 6 months.

Nah, I'm not hatin. I actually thought that the game looked dope as fuck when I saw the X-Box previews, but since I don't have a X-Box yet I thought fuck it..
Microsoft tried to make it look like it was exclusive, because the PS2 & Gamecube versions isn't even announced OFFICIALLY yet.
Only the PC-version is.

It's all about tha money... everybody wants to get paid off those games.

Yup, that's the problem.
It is the reason why Sega stopped producing consoles, and it will be the reason why Microsoft OR Nintendo at some time will stop producing them.
Right now they're losing a LOT of money..
If Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony could co-operate, we would have gotten ONE HELL OF A CONSOLE, and games wouldn't have to be translated to each console, it would be the same market, the same marketing, the same everything.
But of course it will never happen.. Because of MONEY.