Author Topic: Andrew Bynum and Chris Bosh trade report  (Read 1128 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Andrew Bynum and Chris Bosh trade report
« on: January 10, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
New York post, so take with a grain of salt

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/143530-source-lakers-to-offer-bynum-for-bosh?eref=sihp

A Lakers source told me the team had its sights set high, as usual, and planned to target the possible acquisition of Chris Bosh when it got closer to the 3 p.m. Feb. 18 trade deadline, and the Raptors might be more likely to move their Olympian/All-Star while still entitled to compensation. My source believes the Lakers will offer Andrew Bynum for Bosh (if they haven't done so already) well before the deadline expires.

New York Post

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/01/tweet-of-the-day-----mark-medina----follow-the-la-times-lakers-blog-on-twitter.html

On a post detailing Kobe Bryant's high volume of shots the last two games, none of the initial comments regarded the Mamba's latest shooting woes or his right-index-finger injury.

But that's perfectly understandable. Instead, all the comments were in relation to a possible  Andrew Bynum trade for the Toronto Raptors' Chris Bosh. Now, all the Lakers need to do is find a way to get LeBron James, and Lakers fans should be set.

The New York Post story, reported by longtime NBA writer Peter Vecsey, cited a Lakers source indicating the team is trying to acquire Bosh before the Feb. 18 trade deadline:

"In itself, the one-for-one swap is impossible to make. Bynum’s “base year” essentially allows L.A. to take back but half of his salary this year ($12.5M). Of course, that restriction is lifted when next year’s salary ($13.7M) activates come July 1, at which time a sign-and-trade transaction would be feasible."

With Bosh set to be a free agent next summer, Vecsey suggests the Raptors' likelihood of protecting "its principal asset" might be "impractical," giving Toronto reason to believe that if Bosh's departure is inevitable, they may as well get something for it. And the reason Bynum appears to be the most realistic choice for the Lakers? Vecsey describes the other options --- Sasha Vujacic (one year left at a reported $5.475 million), Jordan Farmar and Adam Morrison (both free agents next summer) --- as "marginal goods".

An e-mail from Toronto team President Bryan Colangelo to Vecsey stating he is "not actively seeking a deal or discussing Bosh with any team, much less the Lakers" suggests the team is waiting for others to make offers and then follow suit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Andrew Bynum and Chris Bosh trade report
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »
i thought Bynum was untouchable & was on pace to being the next Wilt Chamberlian. :laugh:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »
i thought Bynum was untouchable & was on pace to being the next Wilt Chamberlian. :laugh:
You obviously thought wrong.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
If this happens then I am officially done with the NBA lol.  The Gasol trade was already fraudulent enough, we don't need another team to come and help LA like this again.

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
there has to be some sort of rule that two gold medal winners can't be on the same team lol.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »
there has to be some sort of rule that two gold medal winners can't be on the same team lol.

Or just a rule that there cant be another team to roll over for the Lakers like the Grizzlies already did.

DIP DIP SET SET

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »
I think this trade is going to happen.  CONSPIRACY!

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
I think this trade is going to happen.  CONSPIRACY!

the Celtics look too strong so Toronto screws them.

but the thing is, why is Kobe so godly then? you don't see that he has Artest (all-star), Gasol (all-star), Bosh (all-star), then add Kobe who is a shoe-in Hall of Famer.

then Odom, best sixth man lol.

it doesn't take much to win with that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:43:53 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
Coincidently, Bynum is beasting tonight (15 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks at halftime).

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »
Bosh potentially getting moved will all depend on how the Raptors are doing closer to the deadline.

If they can step it up a bit and become a bit more consistent, I don't see them trading Bosh; rather, they might try and add somebody else to help their chances a bit more. If they're still at the level they are today (which has gotten better over the past few games, but obviously not at an 'NBA Elite" status), then Bosh will get moved.

And other teams will probably step up their offer if the Raps do start looking to move Christopher Wesson.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
As I said... New York Post... take with a grain of salt... LA Times I'd believe.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 08:30:08 AM »
i think LA has to add more than just Bynum if they want bosh....

i think it'd require atleast bynum and a solid bench player?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 01:40:08 PM »
There is no way this deal is going to happen.  Why would the Raps want Bargnani and Bynum?  Bargnani is playing awesome right now and him and Chris are playing great together.  Plus Toronto has won 8 of the last 10, they are a hot team right now.  I seriously think out of the big 3 free agents (LBJ, Wade & Bosh) that CB is the most likely to resign.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »
Not that I would not want lazy ass Bynum traded but for Bosh ? Dude is talented offensive wise but he's soft and horrible on the defensive end

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
Not that I would not want lazy ass Bynum traded but for Bosh ? Dude is talented offensive wise but he's soft and horrible on the defensive end
lmao   this is the NBA  - defense means nothing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens