Author Topic: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?  (Read 1465 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
Creating a new show to come on before Conan was the bitch move.  If Conan knew Leno was going to be this way after agreeing to step down on the Tonight Show, Conan would have left early and all of this mess wouldn't exist.

what if the prime time show was a success?  with if it leno got better ratings and the lead for conan was stronger?  what if lenos lead in made it so that the tonight show had ratings like never before? 

with if it had all worked out, no one would say leno is a bad guy.  they would all be praising his decision to move to prime time.  shit, it wasnt until recently that everyone started hating on leno.  when this all (conan getting the tonight show/leno-primetime) was announced i didnt see a single person bashing leno like they are now. 

and theyre only hating cause he seems like the bad guy, when really he hasnt done shit, has he? nbc is the one making the decisions.  sure, leno could of said "no" when they offered him the primetime show, but if you still like what youre doing, and you get offered a nice contract, why would you turn it down? 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »
Most people that followed these moves expected it to not be successful.  People have been bashing on Leno for decades lol it's obviously intensified during the recent "scandal"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
leno didnt do anything tho.  nbc is the one who offered him the deal, theyre the ones who gave conan the tonight show, theyre the ones who axed conan, theyre the ones giving leno his old show. 
sure, leno could of said "no" when they offered him the primetime show, but if you still like what youre doing, and you get offered a nice contract, why would you turn it down? 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
btw, its really really REALLY hard to feel bad for conan when he is walking away with millions out of all this.  i dont see how anyone can feel bad.  oh boo hoo, he cant work till september, how will he go on with his life?! ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
I don't feel bad for Conan. The thing is that Leno agreed to step down, then however the idea came up, the fact is that he agreed to that without any consideration to the Tonight Show.  If Leno's manager back in 93 would have heard the news that Carson was going to do a show at 10PM, she would have killed people at NBC lmao

Okka

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with Letterman? Why is he always runnin' in the background right when they introduce him :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
btw, its really really REALLY hard to feel bad for conan when he is walking away with millions out of all this.  i dont see how anyone can feel bad.  oh boo hoo, he cant work till september, how will he go on with his life?! ::)

I don't feel bad for Conan. I feel bad for everyone that will now sit through the Leno/Fallon/Daly trio that's on NBC. They should call it the late night comedy sphere. No edge.

I'm still waiting for the Helloooo, Hellooooooo, Hellooooooooooooo! commercial that the three of them need to be on together. Of course that might be too offensive to Curly, Larry, and Moe; actual innovative comedians with edge.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
if Conan goes to Fox & has the 11:30 slot with Letterman & Leno; Leno's ratings are just going to go down even further.

Coco is the fucking man. ;D 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »
if Conan goes to Fox & has the 11:30 slot with Letterman & Leno; Leno's ratings are just going to go down even further.

Coco is the fucking man. ;D 8)

Leno has a strong following of people over 50. In terms of ad revenue 18-49 males is all that counts for Late Night TV but I still expect Leno's over all viewership to be up there.