Author Topic: Why CBS wants the Jets to lose....lol  (Read 173 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why CBS wants the Jets to lose....lol
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
Many fans immediately look to market size and figure that the New York Jets have to be one of the teams.

And they’d be wrong.

“The matchup that will do the best is Indianapolis against Minnesota,” said former CBS Sports president Neal Pilson, who now runs his own consultancy firm. “It’s a matchup that features two marquee players in Peyton [Manning] and [Brett] Favre and the rating you’ll get for that exceeds any other combination.”

Pilson reasons that the New York market will already pull a big rating anyway and that the Jets being in the game won’t influence the ratings nationally more than Manning’s presence in the game could.

“Sure, you’d get the New York market, but you have to remember that the Jets are largely unknown as you get further away from the Hudson River,” Pilson said. “Networks don’t want Cinderella stories at the end. In baseball, college basketball and football, they want the strong, established teams.”

That’s why Pilson says the Jets against the Saints are the worst matchup.

There’s one caveat to all this analysis and that is that a less desirable matchup can yield a higher rating if the game is better. The quality of the game, Pilson says, overshadows the quality of the teams.

The highest rated Super Bowl in the last decade was Super Bowl XXXIV between the St. Louis Rams and the Tennessee Titans in 2000. That game came down to the last play with the Titans’ Kevin Dyson trying unsuccessfully to reach the ball into the end zone.

If CBS, which is broadcasting the game, gets the ideal matchup in the Colts and Vikings, Pilson said it could be worth up to about four million more viewers than the worst matchup in the Jets and Saints. The Super Bowl, with any combination of teams playing in it, is good for at least 90 million US viewers.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Why CBS wants the Jets to lose....lol
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
i was just thinking "they'd have to be crazy to not want indy vs minny"

but NY will bring in just as many viewers because of the fanbase
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
yeah it might not be as big as the indy vs miny game but still to wish that certain teams make it in, is sad upon them..lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
it doesn't matter imo. As the article says 90+ million are watching it regardless and he said a "4 million difference" from best to worst. The NFL isn't gonna bring in 90 million and say "damn, we wanted 94" lol.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
the matchup is going to be great no matter what.

Jets/Vikings - Farve & the Jets.
Jets/Saints - they got raped in Week 4; are we looking at a different team?
Colts/Saints - the two "perfect" teams back in Week 12; which one was better?
Colts/Vikings - Farve vs. Manning; two of the best QB's of all time going at it.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
i was just thinking "they'd have to be crazy to not want indy vs minny"

but NY will bring in just as many viewers because of the fanbase
Giants fanbase yes, but not as much with the Jets.  There are things to like about the Jets now besides their uniforms.... Revis Island, Bart Scott, & Rex Ryan.  But in the NFL, it's not about where you reside, its whatcha do.  And who's on the small market teams.
When Brett Favre was on G.Bay, he was the market.  The Steelers are in a small market but they've been the american sports media's team before I started watching the NFL in 82.  Peyton, is the market in Inbrediana.  Boy i'll be glad when he retires but I might not be watching NFL ever again when that happens.  Dallas is talked about a lot & they're not even the biggest nfl market in their own state.  When the Raiders & Rams were in L.A., they weren't world wide famous.  The league didn't revolve around them.  Besides, people who don't watch football watches the SB.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 06:21:08 AM »
real talk^^^^
Cube