Author Topic: Anybody get the new Mortal Kombat game??  (Read 266 times)

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Anybody get the new Mortal Kombat game??
« on: November 29, 2002, 01:17:20 AM »
has anybody got this......?????? i was thinking of getting this............but i just may rent it first........anybody have it........is it good??

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
Re:Anybody get the new Mortal Kombat game??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 03:09:28 PM »
My boy just got it, we played a few games and it was pretty tight. Give it a rent first though!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 05:35:45 PM »
kool.......thanks homie.....ill rent it first!

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 07:26:40 AM »
lookin tite as hell....much betta then the past
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 08:26:17 PM »
i rented it last weekend, its fuckin dope, best mortal kombat yet, i love it

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 09:04:36 PM »
im gonna have to get this for sure!!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 02:51:28 AM »
i gave up on mortal kombat a long as time ago...but i guess its worth a shot....i guess i will rent it to check it out

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 03:39:41 AM »
I just rented it.

It's pretty dissapointing. I'ma long time fan of tha Mortal Kombat series. I guess it's alright once you get tha hang of it but damn...

They should have kept tha same controls... High Punch Low Punch.. I aint down with A1 A2 A3 A4... that shit is wack.. Fatality's aint all that either... it seems like since nobody does Fatlity's in games anymore they just brought them back but with little creativity.

Reptile looks retarded.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 03:46:40 AM »
i gave up on mortal kombat a long as time ago...but i guess its worth a shot....i guess i will rent it to check it out
never mind after tha last post....lol

Sub-Z

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 01:02:44 PM »
I just rented it.

It's pretty dissapointing. I'ma long time fan of tha Mortal Kombat series. I guess it's alright once you get tha hang of it but damn...

They should have kept tha same controls... High Punch Low Punch.. I aint down with A1 A2 A3 A4... that shit is wack.. Fatality's aint all that either... it seems like since nobody does Fatlity's in games anymore they just brought them back but with little creativity.

Reptile looks retarded.

man the new controls are dope,3 different fighting styles for everyone,different moves in each style, if you dont like that then i dunno whats wrong with you,it adds depth to the gameplay

and the replay value of this game is great,there ar eover 600 koffins to open up then theres other secrets to find other than the koffins i wouldnt waste my time renting the game and buy it

EM28

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 05:49:13 PM »
yeah i love this game.  But yeah reptile does look pretty stupid.  my favorite character is scorpion.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2002, 01:09:00 AM »
It sounds and looks interesting.  I used to play 1 and 2 all the time, never played 3 or 4... Man, when they threw the Run button in, it screwed me all up, I never got the hang of it.... Also, I never got the hang of all the multicombos, liek in the street fighter games, too...

With the new controls, can you learn it pretty easy just messin' around with it? I used to be (and still am) dope on mk2 and sf2, but I can't use the run button worth a crap.  Should I get it, or yall think i'll be lost?

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2002, 02:26:06 AM »

man the new controls are dope,3 different fighting styles for everyone,different moves in each style, if you dont like that then i dunno whats wrong with you,it adds depth to the gameplay

and the replay value of this game is great,there ar eover 600 koffins to open up then theres other secrets to find other than the koffins i wouldnt waste my time renting the game and buy it

Tha game aint that bad but it's still dissapointing. I gotta give MK4 tha title of Best MK game. That shit was hard!.. Tha Run button made tha game better. and their fatalities were gangster as hell... Quan Chi used  to rip your leg off and beat you with it.. Scorpion used to transform into a big ass Scorpion and grab your legs with his claws while he ripped you in half with his tail... You can't fuck with that.

And that thing about them having 3 different fighting styles.. That's dope... one of tha good things about this game. I aint really to much into Unlocking stuff... I'd rather just try n beat tha game with all tha characters. I think they could have kept tha old controls and still have all tha new moves.. and it would be less complicating.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

BL7

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2002, 10:17:09 AM »
I rented it & imo it's worth buying. Tha fatalities are garbage though, only a few dope ones.

Sub-Z

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2002, 01:03:17 PM »
criminal lol mk4 is known for being the worst MK game out of them all,personally i hated it

but youre entitled to what you think so if yo ulike mk4,to each his own  ;D