Author Topic: DUBCNN exclusive: Stan "The Guitar Man" Interview (Dr. Dre/DOC/NWA)  (Read 642 times)

Chad

http://dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/stantheguitarman

Stan “The Guitar Man” Jones has credits on just about every notable west coast classic record you could think of. You’ve heard him on Ruthless Records albums from JJ Fad, D.O.C., NWA, Above The Law, Eazy-E and MC Ren; Ice Cube’s multiple classics from “Death Certificate” through “Laugh Now, Cry Later” to Coolio’s “Gangsta’s Paradise”, Montell Jordan’s “This Is How We Do It”, and DJ Quik’s “Quik Is The Name” among others.

The Guitar Man hasn’t relegated himself to only the west coast, as his credits stretch to the east coast and the dirty south as well. Stan put in work with LL Cool J on “14 Shots to the Dome”, T.I.’s “King”, Mystikal’s “Unpredictable” and Ludacris’ “Red Light District” to name a few. Not one to rest on his laurels and get pigeon-holed, you can find his work covering R&B acts like K-Ci & JoJo, Destiny’s Child, Monica, Brian McKnight and so many others.

Dubcnn recently had the opportunity to sit down with Stanley A. Jones and talk to him about his latest release, “Concrete Soul”, his experiences working on a few of those classic west coast albums, who he’d like to work with in the future and many other various topics.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/stantheguitarman/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:09:46 AM by Jome »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: Stan "The Guitar Man" Interview (Dr. Dre/DOC/NWA)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »
This is nice... Reading now

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »
this guy is a west coast legend.....been a part of so much classic shit.....

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
i'm sick of people talkin about Dr. Dre in every interview (especially for more than half of it).  i mean i get the "promo" but dam, get off tha man'z nutz everybody.  just bcuz u worked with dr. dre doesn't mean YOU ARE The Dr. Dre lol.  

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
nice, will read this later :)

Chad Vader

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:46:16 PM »
On the “Predator” album I produced the first single “Wicked”

credits says Torcha Chamba

MistaNova

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 06:49:44 AM »
good interview, thanks 8)

funny that he mentions the D.O.C. as his favourite: he still records vocals, but not for the public.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
Thanks for the interview. 

I wonder what track(s) he worked on with Cube for Laugh Now??  I'm not seeing his name in the credits for Wicked either.

Anyway, this guy is nice with it.  Was hoping to get a hard copy of his instrumental record...don't see that happening  :'(

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »
On the “Predator” album I produced the first single “Wicked”

credits says Torcha Chamba

he was part of that....coze, stone, soup, tootie (trains brother) and stan

Chad

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:12 AM »
Thanks for the interview. 

I wonder what track(s) he worked on with Cube for Laugh Now??  I'm not seeing his name in the credits for Wicked either.

Anyway, this guy is nice with it.  Was hoping to get a hard copy of his instrumental record...don't see that happening  :'(

it's a possibility....
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

BiggBoogaBiff

It seems like Dr. Dre was a group and not a person
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
i'm sick of people talkin about Dr. Dre in every interview (especially for more than half of it).  i mean i get the "promo" but dam, get off tha man'z nutz everybody.  just bcuz u worked with dr. dre doesn't mean YOU ARE The Dr. Dre lol.  

to be fair, Dre was only talked about when he was being asked about

personally i wouldve liked to have read more about the work he did with Prodeje and SCC - they came out with some pure quality in the mid 90s

still tho, it seems like in everybody's interview whoever worked with Dre is always asked abuncha questions about the same albums and the questions are always dam near identical.  it gets boring, im sure some of the younger folks will appreciate it (13-14) but we ALL already know about the NWA and DeathRow sessions already.  the problem is they just need 2 release the damn music.  u know its true, whether it's Scott Storch or Brooklyn there's always a 15 minute session dedicated to Dr. Dre in every interview.  How bout the people STOP talking about Dre and he might release some shit or maybe come out in an interview and talk about shit.  if anything i wanna hear wat he has to say, not wat the minion in his studio is talkn about, we've heard it all b4, and most of all it's not even Dre speaking about Dre.  

DUSTYFINGAZ

• Lil Geezy
Re: DUBCNN exclusive: Stan "The Guitar Man" Interview (Dr. Dre/DOC/NWA)
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
COOL SHIT. nice to see these kinda guys actually have a voice

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN exclusive: Stan "The Guitar Man" Interview (Dr. Dre/DOC/NWA)
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »
thanks for the interview. good read. +1.