Author Topic: Imagine the reaction the world will have if Argentina wins the World Cup  (Read 1026 times)

Jaydc

You will get praise if it happens like this, but I will also call you out if it doesn't :D

You're confusing me for a stubborn poster. When I lay claim to something and that something doesn't happen the way I said it would I admit defeat. Ask NIK about Kobe. For years I'd post about how Kobe lacks the leadership to the be the star on a championship team, and how he'd never win another one unless he plays second fiddle. When the Lakers won last year and the excuse threads were starting I was the first one to say "I was wrong", and that Kobe is as good as NIK was saying.

Lol,kobe is not as good as nik says.The lakers have a stacked team,even without kobe their a threat to win it.They have that much talent.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
You will get praise if it happens like this, but I will also call you out if it doesn't :D

You're confusing me for a stubborn poster. When I lay claim to something and that something doesn't happen the way I said it would I admit defeat. Ask NIK about Kobe. For years I'd post about how Kobe lacks the leadership to the be the star on a championship team, and how he'd never win another one unless he plays second fiddle. When the Lakers won last year and the excuse threads were starting I was the first one to say "I was wrong", and that Kobe is as good as NIK was saying.

Lol,kobe is not as good as nik says.The lakers have a stacked team,even without kobe their a threat to win it.They have that much talent.

And the Bulls the year Jordan left (the first time) were also a threat to win it. The point is I had no problem admitting defeat. I'm not sure 7even can say the same thing. I don't expect him to admit anything even if the WC plays out exactly like I said it would 4 years ago. But you should fully expect me to admit I was wrong if I'm wrong.

Jaydc

Fair enough,but nik put kobe up as a god among men.Like he was head and shoulders above every other player in the league.Hes an elite player,a hall of famer.But not the person nik says.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

As for Maradona not using Messi the way he's supposed to - I guess this is intended. Maradona doesn't want Messi to surpass him. In terms of club football he will surpass him fair and square. If Messi would get the golden ball and lead Argentina to another world cup title, it would be very arguable that Messi is greater than Maradona, which is the last thing he wants.

It is very possible that Maradona wanted to become coach in order to sabotage Messi.

I think winning will boost his ego even more.  He'll only be the 3rd person to win a World Cup as player and coach.  Also, he'll be able to say that Argentina has only been able to win a World Cup when he's involved with the team. 

Jaydc

And as far as the thread starters question,north america will not care.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah they do

Jaydc

No,they wont.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't believe I'm going to have to explain the importance of football in MEXICO.  The country that has seen Maradona raise the World Cup.  Also, the country that has plenty of sports analysts who believe that Argentina has a great team but since Maradona is the Coach they won't do much.  Without a doubt, Argentina winning the World Cup under Maradona will be a huge news story.  United States has a pretty solid interest in football as well.  One for the simple fact that the sons and daugthers of all those people seeing Maradona win the World Cup in Mexico are not just living in Mexico but United States as well.  Then you have actual people from Argentina in the United States.  Popularity of the sport is just rising, it will never surpass the other popular sports but there is some real interest here. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
maradona coaches the team like he's playing a fifa game on playstation

if they have a good start, he'll get cocky and confident so he'll change things around then they'll lose.  Overall i think he's too emotional and unstable to be able to lead the team thru 7 games.  Somewhere along the line he'll mess up.  Only way they'll win is if ALL the players bring their absolute A game every game.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor

The world won't care if Canada won't care

Jome

The way MESSI is playing these days, he can win the world cup by himself, he's doing things that no footballer in history could do, right now..
He's already being mentioned alongside the Peles and Maradonas, and the kid is only 22.

8 goals in the last 3 games, and the way he scores some of those goals... dayum. Crazy stats:

I wasn't around to witness Pele, and I only caught Maradona's later years, but viewing Barca-games these days..  :o

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
The way MESSI is playing these days, he can win the world cup by himself, he's doing things that no footballer in history could do, right now..
He's already being mentioned alongside the Peles and Maradonas, and the kid is only 22.

8 goals in the last 3 games, and the way he scores some of those goals... dayum. Crazy stats:

I wasn't around to witness Pele, and I only caught Maradona's later years, but viewing Barca-games these days..  :o

how are ASSISTS calculated?? 

its hard to determine...i mean if someone accidentally sends a pass, or it deflects off of him, is that counted as an assist?  or if someone shot the ball, goal keeper stopped it and someone else put in the rebound, is that assist?  how about corners and freekicks?

or what about the person before the last pass? sometimes one player starts a play and he's the whole reason but  they're not the one who gave the last pass or scored...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
oh my fuckin' God, if this happens, my life will change forever...

sike. ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
^ ::)

I wasn't around to witness Pele, and I only caught Maradona's later years, but viewing Barca-games these days..  :o

how are ASSISTS calculated??  

its hard to determine...i mean if someone accidentally sends a pass, or it deflects off of him, is that counted as an assist?  or if someone shot the ball, goal keeper stopped it and someone else put in the rebound, is that assist?  how about corners and freekicks?

or what about the person before the last pass? sometimes one player starts a play and he's the whole reason but  they're not the one who gave the last pass or scored...

If the GK stops a shot and someone scores, nobody gets the assist.
Corners and freekicks counts as assists.
Football is not like hockey, the pass before the last pass does not count.
Deflecting and shit like that - I'm sure that's an assist.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wouldnt write off the Argies. Dark horses of the competition.