Author Topic: If you had to guess, how much of Relapse was intended for Detox?  (Read 1205 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: If you had to guess, how much of Relapse was intended for Detox?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 09:07:01 PM »
None of the beats on "Relapse" nor "Refill" were meant for anyone but Eminem EXCEPT for one that I know of. And that was the beat for "Bagpipes from Baghdad" which was originally intended for Raekwon's OB4CL2.

When Hiphopdx.com did a preview for OB4CL2 about a year ago.... they said something like "and there's this one cut called 'About Me' where Rae spits over a beautiful, horn filled Dre beat."

and instead About Me was over an average dre beat with no horns lol. I can't find the link to that article, but can you shed any led on this?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:57 PM »
co sign to what Rebel said. I think him doing almost the entire Em album was more of a set up for people to warm back up to his production and start the buzz for Detox. Same with 50's album but it ended up only having 3 Dre beats on it.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
then why does dre put out a game, em or work with snoop and rbx, king t, last emperor or rakim? lol

He has worked with Snoop. He doesn't work with RBX, King T, Last Emp, or Rakim because they aren't on his label anymore. Eminem's album was one of the most anticipated on Interscope and he's an Aftermath artist so it would only make sense for Dre to be handling production.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »
then why does dre put out a game, em or work with snoop and rbx, king t, last emperor or rakim? lol

He has worked with Snoop. He doesn't work with RBX, King T, Last Emp, or Rakim because they aren't on his label anymore. Eminem's album was one of the most anticipated on Interscope and he's an Aftermath artist so it would only make sense for Dre to be handling production.

^^^^that's not true: Dre gave RBX a beat for the X2 mixtape.

besides, Dre sometimes works with people from outside his label

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »
nah rbx jus found that layin around...lol

^^^^that's not true: Dre gave RBX a beat for the X2 mixtape.

besides, Dre sometimes works with people from outside his label
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
beats are definitly too weak for detox, except underground and maybe 3am they all sound like they are made for eminem (really his style), wouldnt really see them on detox or anybody else album
is it really that theyre too weak for "detox", or just too weak for the  idea of detox everyone has in their heads because of all the hype over the years?

This. I can guarantee 90% of the people on this forum are going to be disappointed in the album, regardless of how it sounds.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2010, 10:44:53 PM »
None of the beats on "Relapse" nor "Refill" were meant for anyone but Eminem EXCEPT for one that I know of. And that was the beat for "Bagpipes from Baghdad" which was originally intended for Raekwon's OB4CL2.

Awwww man, that would've been sick.

Imagine how much sicker it would have been with a reunited Wu Tang Clan over it, including the great Ol Dirty himself  :o