Author Topic: If you had to guess, how much of Relapse was intended for Detox?  (Read 1203 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
I say if you had to guess because I don't think anyone outside of the Aftermath camp knows for sure.

But I wouldn't be surprised if about a quarter of the beats on Relapse were intended for Detox at some point.

And I think this because supposedly Detox is going to have some of the most sonically 'advanced' beats we've ever heard. and I'd argue that 3AM has possibly the most 'advanced' beat I have EVER heard on a Hip-Hop record (not saying its the best beat ever though.)

We do know that "We Made You" was made for Relapse though. And obviously Beautiful was.

'Stay Wide Awake' and 'Underground' are so ridiculously next level that I really wouldn't be surprised if they were beats that were a long time in the making.. and were started in a detox session, before relapse really got going. The other beats are a little simpler though so I could see them as being made in a couple of weeks for Relapse.

Either way, Dre's most recent records (think Relapse, Hallelujah, and Refill) have an incredible sonic feel to them, so I'm excited about whatever he puts out next. I believe Catalina and About me were recorded in like 2005 during Rae's aftermath sessions, and psycho by fif and em is from like 2004 apparently, so I wouldn't judge him on those records.

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: If you had to guess, how much of Relapse was intended for Detox?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
Quick update to my post:

Holy shit. That is fire. Didn't know the beat went to her, but that shit is hot.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:15:23 AM »
i think most if not all the instrumentals were made with Eminem/Relapse in mind

Quick update to my post:

Holy shit. That is fire. Didn't know the beat went to her, but that shit is hot.
Dre didn't do that one, same sample was used though
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:20:26 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:22:57 AM »
Stay Wide Awake was an insane beat, best i've heard IMO from Dre in years.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:44:47 AM »
i think most if not all the instrumentals were made with Eminem/Relapse in mind

Quick update to my post:

Dre didn't do that one, same sample was used though

Aight, wiki says he did it tho. Who did it then? Whoever did that song, and 'Shittin on Em' by Rick Ross... Dre must be pissed at them lol, cuz shit popped off leaked and all the sudden two songs come out with that same sample.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »

And I think this because supposedly Detox is going to have some of the most sonically 'advanced' beats we've ever heard. and I'd argue that 3AM has possibly the most 'advanced' beat I have EVER heard on a Hip-Hop record (not saying its the best beat ever though.)

3am is like the most simplistic, repetitive, generic shit ever. easily one of the worst on relapse and not a very good beat at all.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »

3am is like the most simplistic, repetitive, generic shit ever. easily one of the worst on relapse and not a very good beat at all.

..in your opinion

Okka

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »
Stay Wide Awake was an insane beat, best i've heard IMO from Dre in years.

Matty

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
i would hope none of it.

kuidcoid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
i would hope none of it.

EXACTLY

i know i havnt been waiting 10 years for that second rate shit on relapse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
i would hope none of it.

EXACTLY

Well... I thought relapse was great. lol. I know at least a few other people did... so yea.

either way, i thought the dre beats on BISD and OB4CL2 sucked, so hopefully those are not reflective of detox at all.

kuidcoid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 12:13:28 PM »
i would hope none of it.

EXACTLY

Well... I thought relapse was great. lol. I know at least a few other people did... so yea.

either way, i thought the dre beats on BISD and OB4CL2 sucked, so hopefully those are not reflective of detox at all.

i respect your opinion on whatever you like, but personally i could not listen to relapse again, it was awful to me.. eminem has changed so much.. and been able to get away with so much any other rapper wouldnt of been able to.. the album in my eyes was just a commercial waste aimed at the new era of 13/14 year olds.. who are just starting to believe "cussing" is cool

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »
hopefully none ...
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

Muhfukka

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »
hard to say but im pretty sure some of it was

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
yeah not a good beat at all...most of the album wasnt that good
best beat on there IMO was my mom

..in your opinion
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.