Author Topic: Is Jawalrus Russel the biggest bust in Nfl history?  (Read 1063 times)

Jaydc

Is Jawalrus Russel the biggest bust in Nfl history?
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:26:41 PM »
The guy just came into camp and weighed in at 290 lbs

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Is Jawalrus Russel the biggest bust in Nfl history?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »
easily lol.

i mean, he wasn't hyped up to be some future Hall of Famer, but for a number one overall pick, he was fucking awful.

Jaydc

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
The fact that he seems to not give a shit at all makes it even worse.He keeps getting fatter and fatter.Soon hes going to be big enough to line up as an offensive lineman.

I honestly feel bad for raiders fans.Al Davis is clearly insane and nobody wants to play for the raiders.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »
Could be. Tony Mandarich has definetely gotta be considered tho. I mean, he was considered the best offensive line prospect ever at the time. And has long been considered one of...if not THE biggest bust ever. Mandarich was a #2 pick....but SO much was expected of him.  JaMarcus was never expected to be Joe Montana lol. But yeah...pretty much the entire world had Russell as the #1 overall pick.  It was considered a no brainer that the Raiders should take him by people like Mel Kiper...etc.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »
The fact that he seems to not give a shit at all makes it even worse.He keeps getting fatter and fatter.Soon hes going to be big enough to line up as an offensive lineman.

I honestly feel bad for raiders fans.Al Davis is clearly insane and nobody wants to play for the raiders.

Good...we need line help lol

I hate tho when people blame all of these picks on Davis lol.  I mean, he's made his share of mistakes and he IS crazy...but EVERYONE had JaMarcus as the #1 pick that year. Every analyst on ESPN had him slated #1. Then, when he ends up a bust....they all disappear and act like the mistake was all Davis lol. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jaydc

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »

Jaydc

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
Thats true but hes made plenty of decisions the last few years that make your head scratch.That receiver they recently cut that they paid big money when nobody even wanted the guy.Or mopre recently putting the highest tender on some 3rd rate player that nobody cared about.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:44 PM »
Thats true but hes made plenty of decisions the last few years that make your head scratch.That receiver they recently cut that they paid big money when nobody even wanted the guy.Or mopre recently putting the highest tender on some 3rd rate player that nobody cared about.

Yeah. I think more of his mistakes have been thru free-agency then the draft even.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:36:39 PM »
yeah he's terrible...ryan leaf status

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »
lol @ Jawalrus
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
lol @ Jawalrus

Walrusses dont have fur...

Jaydc

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 07:02:58 PM »
lol @ Jawalrus

Walrusses dont have fur...

That picture is the best example of why the NFL needs a rookie salary cap.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 07:40:09 AM »
I kept reading Russell was working out, had a dietitian, was down to 240, was ready to do, leaner and meaner, and now is really 290. Okay, I've had faith in the guy, but it's time to pack up our losses, cut him and trade for a decent vet and draft Colt McCoy. When we drafted him, I was excited, but I had this feeling maybe we should have drafted Calvin Johnson and then taken Troy Smith later in the draft. Oh well, easy to say now.