Author Topic: Is Jawalrus Russel the biggest bust in Nfl history?  (Read 1077 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Jawalrus Russel the biggest bust in Nfl history?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »
again im tellin you i dont have any solid facts so like i said im goin off about the hate....he gets way too much hate....is that cuz he doesnt try, is lazy etc...i dont know
but the hate he gets is some of the worst hate ever fareal...so i never tried to make it seem like i was 100 with what i was talkin about...but the hate ive seen gon his way in last couple of years is up there...and this is what im tryna tell you...im not jus tryna argue to argue but my bottomline point is he gets too much hate and beyond the point of him bein wack....so i feel bad for him...im not a raider fan but damn the hate hes been given.....its like muffuccaz been had a buffet of goin in on him...no homo
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
JaMarcus wasnt that great in college. Dude had 1 great game to end his career against an AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Notre Dame defense in the Sugar Bowl and People started suckin his dick. Before that he wasnt mentioned as the first pick..agsinst Florida he was awful in his 3 years at LSU, that should have said it all

The Best of 3 Worlds

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
he's up there with Leaf at this point, so far....  boy i hope Gradkowski wins the job in camp!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »
JaMarcus wasnt that great in college. Dude had 1 great game to end his career against an AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Notre Dame defense in the Sugar Bowl and People started suckin his dick. Before that he wasnt mentioned as the first pick..agsinst Florida he was awful in his 3 years at LSU, that should have said it all

Yeah. The thing is, he was never considered the top TALENT in that draft. Its just that it was clear the Raiders needed a QB. It was either him or Brady Quinn...neither option has turned out to be anything to write home about. But the experts were projecting Quinn to be the second QB taken in the draft...byt the Browns. Then he slipped all the way to #22.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »

Yeah. The thing is, he was never considered the top TALENT in that draft. Its just that it was clear the Raiders needed a QB. It was either him or Brady Quinn...neither option has turned out to be anything to write home about. But the experts were projecting Quinn to be the second QB taken in the draft...byt the Browns. Then he slipped all the way to #22.
It would sure be nice if teams would stop taking QB's who are not all that right now in the top 5 all the time.  No wonder Deacon Jones hates QB's. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »

It would sure be nice if teams would stop taking QB's who are not all that right now in the top 5 all the time.  No wonder Deacon Jones hates QB's. 

Depends on the QB. Look at Peyton Manning, he was the number 1 QB of his draft, and so far he hasn't been that bad. Eli Manning as well, Alex Smith is getting close to that bust label, Carson Palmer has been a good pick when his healthy (trust me, as my fantasy QB he wrecks shop for my teams), Michael Vick was a great talent who did wonders for a horrible Falcon's team, but David Carr and Tim Couch both flopped hard. From the 80's to the 90's the number 1 overall pick for QB has been John Elway, Vinny Testaverde, Troy Aikman, Jeff George and Drew Bledsoe, not a bad mix, not a bad QB, and 2 hall of famers. Now some other QBs came in and did better than the 2 non hall of famers, but they were solid QBs. I think in a draft, you have to draft heart and work ethic, not just skill. It's been a common pattern in the draft the last 12 years, since Manning did better than Leif even though Leif was better physically. Quinn and Russell never really showed heart, and neither has done much since coming to the NFL.  :-\

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 03:05:46 AM »

Depends on the QB. Look at Peyton Manning, he was the number 1 QB of his draft, and so far he hasn't been that bad. Eli Manning as well, Alex Smith is getting close to that bust label, Carson Palmer has been a good pick when his healthy (trust me, as my fantasy QB he wrecks shop for my teams), Michael Vick was a great talent who did wonders for a horrible Falcon's team, but David Carr and Tim Couch both flopped hard. From the 80's to the 90's the number 1 overall pick for QB has been John Elway, Vinny Testaverde, Troy Aikman, Jeff George and Drew Bledsoe, not a bad mix, not a bad QB, and 2 hall of famers. Now some other QBs came in and did better than the 2 non hall of famers, but they were solid QBs. I think in a draft, you have to draft heart and work ethic, not just skill. It's been a common pattern in the draft the last 12 years, since Manning did better than Leif even though Leif was better physically. Quinn and Russell never really showed heart, and neither has done much since coming to the NFL.  :-\

the thing is...the Raiders NEEDED a QB that year and they knew JaMarcus or Quinn would not have been around if they didnt take them with the first pick. So they were somewhat forced to roll the dice and hope it paid off. Obviously it didnt...but thats the risk you take.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

no Alex Smith i starting to move away from that bust label...you catch any 49ers games this year? if so, you would have noticed that..He was very good when he replaced Hill, Not to mention the 5th o-cord in his 5th year, all that considering he did very well

The Best of 3 Worlds

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
if the qb counts so much....how come they replaced hill so quik n fast?
he won how many games...?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.