Author Topic: Exclusive Leaks Off Kokane's Mixtape "On The Backstreets" On Dubcnn (Audio)  (Read 498 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

We've got some great news for all the Kokane fans out there. As previously reported, the West Coast funk overlord will be releasing his upcoming solo album "Gimme All Mine" on June 1st, but before he does that, he has teamed up with the one and only DJ Crazy Toones to release a mixtape, his very first mixtape, "On The Backstreets".

Dubcnn just wrapped up an exclusive interview with Kokane which will be dropping next week, and we had the opportunity to get our hands on two tracks off the mixtape, fresh out the studio.

These aren't the finished versions with Crazy Toones on them yet but we just had to throw this out there already for the fans. The first track has Kokane giving his take on Timbaland an Drake's "Say Something", which he flipped to "Get Something", while on the second track he jumped on Fabolous' "Throw It In The Bag" beat, turning it into "Let Your Pants Sag".

Check out the songs below:

Kokane - Get Something
Kokane - Let Your Pants Sag

Look out for the "On The Backstreets" mixtape dropping next friday, April 20th, for free download right here on dubcnn. Also look out for our 2-part in-depth interview with Kokane to drop next week, with all the details on his upcoming album, "Gimme All Mine".

Incase you haven't seen them yet, check out Kokane's latest videos below:

Kokane - Twilight Zone (Video)
Kokane - Killing Fields (Video)

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
Nice exclusive DubCnn ! Really excited to hear the full tape !
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

OG Snoopaveli

Dope! thx Nima!! 4:20 will be a very good day for Westcoast Fans!!

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG
dope

bdw.
is there tracklist for "On The Backstreets"?

LOOOL

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Let Your Pants Sag is nice.  Gotta check the other one out.

doggfather

I downlod immeadiately!
Thank U Nima!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KURUPTION-81

Anticipating the mixtape and interview.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mista Rosa

Thanks!

Nima did you ask about the EP made with Meech Wells some years ago??
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Nima - Dubcnn.com

EP with meech wells?

if you're talking about the Ghetto Gospel EP he recorded a few years then yeah I did mention that and you will have some news on that soon, might actually become a dubcnn/kokane project, but right now the focus is on the mixtape and then gimme all mine june 1st.

Okka

Thanks Nima, has the mixtape any original production on it or is it just Kokane on others beats? Can you ask him about Warren G remixin' "Twilight Zone"? Kokane asked Warren to remix the song on twitter and Warren said "yeah for sure", but did he remix it and if he did where will the song end up?

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i was actually hope'n for a baccstreet boy feature song  ;D,koke stay drop'n heat tho yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Mista Rosa

EP with meech wells?

if you're talking about the Ghetto Gospel EP he recorded a few years then yeah I did mention that and you will have some news on that soon, might actually become a dubcnn/kokane project, but right now the focus is on the mixtape and then gimme all mine june 1st.

Yeah i was refering to the ghetto gospel EP.. Good music can't be waisted... that would be dope if it would end as a dubcnn/kokane project..

Gimme all mine june 1st, gonna have it for sure!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Mietek23

Both songs sounds good - anticipating the mixtape :)

Portugoal

Not downloading yet, but thanks anyway. :)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Both songs sounds good - anticipating the mixtape :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network