Author Topic: Did DJ Quick co-produce either version of California Love?  (Read 1241 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Did DJ Quick co-produce either version of California Love?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »
Can an artist/producer REALLY put out material if they aren't the ones legally credited to it?

lol are you referring to the fact that Laylaw is putting out a compilation of songs that are credited to other people? Who the hell knows.

Also it really should be noted that so many of these songs that we always talk about really were team efforts... like there might be 2 songwriters listed but who knows how many people touched it.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
lol are you referring to the fact that Laylaw is putting out a compilation of songs that are credited to other people? Who the hell knows.
Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like if someone pays you for a song and you wave the credit in exchange for whatever compensation, it's not like you can go back and change the publishing credits on your own.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
how many versions in total tho?

how many different versions of this song have leaked?

there was a version that sounded pretty similar to the California Love (Remix). It's called "The Root of All Evil (Outro)" off WIDEawake's 'Snoop Dogg - Lost Sessions Vol. 1'
sounds like it was a leftover from Doggystyle.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

there was a version that sounded pretty similar to the California Love (Remix). It's called "The Root of All Evil (Outro)" off WIDEawake's 'Snoop Dogg - Lost Sessions Vol. 1'

lol idk about the root of all evil... idk if that's really the same sample...

but there's only two versions of california love that are out there is the hit single and the remix from all eyez on me.

There is a version with three Dr. Dre verses over the same beat that is STILL unreleased.
There is a J-Flexx version with J-Flexx rapping those same three verses over the same beat that is still unreleased.
And there could be an early Laylaw demo of the song
idk when troutman was added so there could be non troutman versions of the song.

and even if dre bought the beat from laylaw... i doubt he'd release it without at least tweaking it, so that could just add to how many verions there really are...

and idk who knows there could be a scrapped version with a sam sneed verse. we may never know for sure.

G-Funk

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 10:02:17 PM »

drums sound very similar to the remix's. and the bass is the same

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

drums sound very similar to the remix's. and the bass is the same

yeap. I hear it now.
maybe laylaw did root of all evil and then dre turnt it into cali love remix?

honestly who the fuck knows. dre doesn't talk about dr anymore, i don't trust suge's word on this... it would really just be cool if wa would release the rest of what they've got, but who knows if that is happening lol.

Suga Foot

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
The remix bass line is from this:

OG is from this:

Someone could have brought these samples to Dre, but he's the one who made them sound they way they are.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 12:50:33 AM »
^^^^exactly

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 01:28:03 AM »
Could be him on the talkbox?

ARE YOU FOR REAL?????????????????
You gotta be kiddin' me

dnjp4life

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
Could be him on the talkbox?

ARE YOU FOR REAL?????????????????
You gotta be kiddin' me

I was sure that it was Roger on the talbox, since he's named in the liner notes and is in the video.  I was merely just speculating and answering the thread-starter's question.  Besides, Quik was on the talbox on Thug Passion so it wouldn't be entirely unbelievable.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:01 PM »
damn that laylaw version is prolly the best...to hear fareal

but there's only two versions of california love that are out there is the hit single and the remix from all eyez on me.

There is a version with three Dr. Dre verses over the same beat that is STILL unreleased.
There is a J-Flexx version with J-Flexx rapping those same three verses over the same beat that is still unreleased.
And there could be an early Laylaw demo of the song
idk when troutman was added so there could be non troutman versions of the song.

and even if dre bought the beat from laylaw... i doubt he'd release it without at least tweaking it, so that could just add to how many verions there really are...

and idk who knows there could be a scrapped version with a sam sneed verse. we may never know for sure.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »
That is a big fat NEGATIVE.............Quik had no parts of that the original or remix he did do a lot of mixing under David Blake and produced other Pac songs