Author Topic: Truth Hurts Lookn 2 Be Canceled  (Read 370 times)

P2G

Truth Hurts Lookn 2 Be Canceled
« on: December 04, 2002, 12:06:23 PM »
due to lack of tickets sold truth hurts isnt performin at legends tonight, £15 a ticket was the cost.

the place packs a fair few as well

Murrow

Re:Truth Hurts Lookn 2 Be Canceled
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 12:41:53 PM »
I say she will not drop another album on Aftermath.  Sad, cause "Addictive" was huge...the rest of the album should of been like that, not with songs like the one she had with Timbaland and R Kelly.

She should pop out with "Bullshit" or "Not Really Lookin" to try and get people to re-recognize.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 08:53:57 PM »
shes gonna get dropped like a lowrider

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 09:41:21 PM »
i think truth hurts is going to stick around. i think she will sing hooks on a lot of dre songs. hoepfully, she will be on detox and maybe on rakim's album. anyone know if she will be on either album anyway?

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 10:35:46 PM »
I liked Hollywood and the R. Kelly track, that was about it on that album.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 02:27:12 AM »
i think truth hurts is going to stick around. i think she will sing hooks on a lot of dre songs. hoepfully, she will be on detox and maybe on rakim's album. anyone know if she will be on either album anyway?

She will be on Detox and Oh my God!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2002, 05:30:37 AM »
I don't think they'll drop her. She probably gonna be featured on Aftermath/Shady tracks, singin' hooks 'n choruses, maybe some verses. Maybe eventually she'll make another album.

I think the reason why she ain't selling is that she was marketed to the wrong audience. With Dr. Dre's name bein' said all the time everybody was expecting some dope soul-hip-hop-rap fusion, a sort of female Nate Dogg. Addictive would've been the perfect single if she was like that, and we know she isn't. Personally I dig her stuff a lot, she's a dope singer. I guess nobody who's heard the album can say that she was bad at what she does. But since she was marketed to the wrong audience, she didn't do too good. I guess we'll just have to wait if she drops another album, and whether it's the same kind or in fact some "female Nate Dogg" type shit.

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2002, 09:29:58 AM »
Yeah, she'll ne on Ra's and Dre's album...but I don't see another album.  She'll be like, around.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 03:38:24 AM »
I think "Truthfully Speaking" was by far the best RnB album released this year, she has the best vocals from any new RnB artist that dropped this year imo. I think the reason her album hasn't done as well as some people expected is that they haven't followed up quick enough with a second single. "The Truth" is a perfect single for the winter months imo but their too slow, i've seen the video once and it was made ages ago. Then, they could follow it up early next year with "Not Really Lookin'" or "Real". I'm not surpised she didn't sell very many tickets, although "Addictive" was huge it's still the only thing most people have heard from her and I think people want to hear more before they go out and pay £15 to sing along to one song since thats the only one they know.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2002, 03:39:02 AM »
I don't think she'll be dropped or anything to that extreme, I just think they'll take a different approach if they do make another album. I'm sure she'll lay vocals on Dre's/Ra's new work in the meantime.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2002, 05:03:33 AM »
The promotion is and was too bad ... thats her problem!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2002, 01:04:02 PM »
problem is her lyrics............on hooks for others she real dope.......luk at watcher 2......break ya kneck ect............but she didnt rip up her album with her own lyrics...i mean her lyrics over that sick dj quik beat for 'addictive' was weak................rakim made that track...........she needs to work on how she delivers what she says...........instead of breathin her vocals, sing em more smooth

peace

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2002, 01:53:08 PM »
I don't think they'll drop her. She probably gonna be featured on Aftermath/Shady tracks, singin' hooks 'n choruses, maybe some verses. Maybe eventually she'll make another album.

I think the reason why she ain't selling is that she was marketed to the wrong audience. With Dr. Dre's name bein' said all the time everybody was expecting some dope soul-hip-hop-rap fusion, a sort of female Nate Dogg. Addictive would've been the perfect single if she was like that, and we know she isn't. Personally I dig her stuff a lot, she's a dope singer. I guess nobody who's heard the album can say that she was bad at what she does. But since she was marketed to the wrong audience, she didn't do too good. I guess we'll just have to wait if she drops another album, and whether it's the same kind or in fact some "female Nate Dogg" type shit.

exactly

Dre's big name doesn't help that much cause she's just not what people might expect from a Dre affiliated artist.
But she could still do much betta with more promotion n shit

Murrow

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2002, 04:07:51 PM »
The promotion is and was too bad ... thats her problem!

No that was Interscope's problem.  She could only do so much to promote herself well.