Author Topic: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley  (Read 1686 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »
Oh and Mayweather would have embarrassed Margarito. How is a slow stationary brawler going to hang with Mayweather? 

Mayweather wanted nothing to do with Margarito. Ive actually been a pretty good fan of Mayweathers throughout the years. I appreciate his style, cus Im a boxing fan....not a "stand in the middle of the ring and throw haymakers" fan. But real shit, Mayweather wanted no part of a tall...steel chinned (until that Mosley fight), slugger who threw punches non stop. it would have been too tough a fight for Mayweather...and he didnt feel it was worth it. IMO, Mayweather completely weighs the risk/reward when he picks fights. If Margarito would have been a HUGE draw (like De La Hoya) he would take the fight...and take the risk of losing. But he didnt wanna take the risk of losing to Margarito without there being a big time pay day. And Margarito doesnt draw like that.

Mosley's biggest issue in this fight is gonna be if he fights on Mayweathers terms. The problem is...if both fighters fight THEIR fight, it could be boring. They are both counter punchers. Mayweather forces fighters to fight his fight...cus most fighters get tired of not throwing punches. Mayweather doesnt care if he throws 7 punches the entire fight...as long as he wins. He is fine with winning ugly and pissing off the crowd. Which is smart for his record. But its also the reason he needs to run his mouth like an idiot before the fight to up the PPV buys.
yeah mayweather ducked margarito a guy who had illegal substances in his handwraps... i wonder how many times before the mosley fight margarito had done that... either way i know for a fact mayweather will outclass mosley and then all the mayweather haters are going to ahve to come up with other excuses of why mayweather isnt great

First off, Im no Mayweather Hater. Ive been a big fan of the guy forever. Lately he has made himself look like even MORE of an ass tho. Saying that he is better than Ali, etc. Thats just a mistake to even make that claim. Especially when virtually every boxing analyst out there talks about his lack of quality opponents through his career. And it isnt like Roy Jones where...there just WERENT many quality opponents. Floyd has continuously ducked top notch fighters. He had the opportunity to fight Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao, and Paul Williams. He chose to fight NONE of them. Meanwhile all of those fighters fought at least one of the others. Instead he went after Carlos Baldomir and a washed up Zab Judah. Margarito did have that wrap on his hands, and true...who knows how long he had that shit. BUT, nobody knew that. Floyd didnt know it...he just ducked him. Mosley didnt know it...and he took the fight, and destroyed him. Mosley is onto something when he talks about the fact that Mayweather runs his mouth even more when he feels threatened.  Thats why he keeps trying to deflect so much attention onto other things...like steroids. Cus deep down, he is probably a little scared. Throughout his entire career....he has had ALL these fighters to fight, and at this stage of his career he is fighting the best fighter he has ever faced lol. Thats ridiculous. Like I said, Im a fan of the guy inside the ring...he's an insanely skilled boxer. He just isnt as great as he thinks he is. Beating Mosley would help...cus his resume of victories isnt that impressive yet.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
Oh and Mayweather would have embarrassed Margarito. How is a slow stationary brawler going to hang with Mayweather? 

Mayweather wanted nothing to do with Margarito. Ive actually been a pretty good fan of Mayweathers throughout the years. I appreciate his style, cus Im a boxing fan....not a "stand in the middle of the ring and throw haymakers" fan. But real shit, Mayweather wanted no part of a tall...steel chinned (until that Mosley fight), slugger who threw punches non stop. it would have been too tough a fight for Mayweather...and he didnt feel it was worth it. IMO, Mayweather completely weighs the risk/reward when he picks fights. If Margarito would have been a HUGE draw (like De La Hoya) he would take the fight...and take the risk of losing. But he didnt wanna take the risk of losing to Margarito without there being a big time pay day. And Margarito doesnt draw like that.

Mosley's biggest issue in this fight is gonna be if he fights on Mayweathers terms. The problem is...if both fighters fight THEIR fight, it could be boring. They are both counter punchers. Mayweather forces fighters to fight his fight...cus most fighters get tired of not throwing punches. Mayweather doesnt care if he throws 7 punches the entire fight...as long as he wins. He is fine with winning ugly and pissing off the crowd. Which is smart for his record. But its also the reason he needs to run his mouth like an idiot before the fight to up the PPV buys.
yeah mayweather ducked margarito a guy who had illegal substances in his handwraps... i wonder how many times before the mosley fight margarito had done that... either way i know for a fact mayweather will outclass mosley and then all the mayweather haters are going to ahve to come up with other excuses of why mayweather isnt great

He's just gonna have to fight and beat Pacman.  Or lose to Mosley. Or else the fans will defend him..

If Floyd loses to Mosley...its gonna make people question his WHOLE career. Cus people have always questioned his choice in opponents, and if he finally fights a top notch fighter and loses...it looks pretty bad. Especially considering Mosley wanted this fight long ago when he was in his prime and Floyd didnt.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Muhfukka

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »
im gonna go  with mosley just based on that ive always liked him more but as far as the outcome its hard to say, should be a good fight

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:46:49 AM »
Floyd was willing to fight Mosley, but Mosley was complaining about going to a damn dentist and enjoying vacation.  I'll say it like this, if Mayweather doesn't completely own Mosley then he's not even that good of a boxer.  He's going to win 8 rounds at the very least, I would go far as saying that Mosley will be in too much pain by the 12th round.  Fight might even be over.  I'm drunk right now so fuck it, that's my prediction. 

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
Floyd was willing to fight Mosley, but Mosley was complaining about going to a damn dentist and enjoying vacation.  I'll say it like this, if Mayweather doesn't completely own Mosley then he's not even that good of a boxer.  He's going to win 8 rounds at the very least, I would go far as saying that Mosley will be in too much pain by the 12th round.  Fight might even be over.  I'm drunk right now so fuck it, that's my prediction. 

Floyd has always tried to make it appear as if he was willing to fight the best, but then never fought the best lol. At some point....if you were willing to fight these guys, you woulda fought them. At one point Mosley was 38-0 with 35 KO's....and Floyd makes such a big deal of his 40-0....with what, 3 KO's? lol

too much pain? If Floyd manages to hurt Mosley....its time to give Mayeather a steroid test lol. Floyd would have a hard time dropping Mosley with a low blow. Like I said, he is a great boxer....shit, one of my all time favorites is Pernell Whitaker. But he is similar to Floyd...great defense, very accurate, great boxing skill....not a hard puncher. Mosley DEFINETELY has the power advantage in this fight. Hand speed is a wash. Floyd has the advantage defensively. If Floyd wins, it will be by decision. If its a KO....then Mosley knocked him out.

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »

Floyd has always tried to make it appear as if he was willing to fight the best, but then never fought the best lol. At some point....if you were willing to fight these guys, you woulda fought them. At one point Mosley was 38-0 with 35 KO's....and Floyd makes such a big deal of his 40-0....with what, 3 KO's? lol

too much pain? If Floyd manages to hurt Mosley....its time to give Mayeather a steroid test lol. Floyd would have a hard time dropping Mosley with a low blow. Like I said, he is a great boxer....shit, one of my all time favorites is Pernell Whitaker. But he is similar to Floyd...great defense, very accurate, great boxing skill....not a hard puncher. Mosley DEFINETELY has the power advantage in this fight. Hand speed is a wash. Floyd has the advantage defensively. If Floyd wins, it will be by decision. If its a KO....then Mosley knocked him out.
mayweather has 25 k.os he does have knock out power... ask ricky hatton and he almost knocked out marquez who has never been knocked out in his career thats including two bouts with manny...
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »

mayweather has 25 k.os he does have knock out power... ask ricky hatton and he almost knocked out marquez who has never been knocked out in his career thats including two bouts with manny...

Ricky Hatton was a good KO. But it said more about Hattons chin then it did about Floyds punching power. Marquez looked like a lightweight next to Floyd lol. Floyd came into the fight overweight...basically just paying to not have to make weight.  I was impressed with his win over Marquez....but it was because he out boxed him, and didnt overpower him. If he just overpowered Marquez it would have just looked like a case of the bigger man being too big.  Either way...Floyd fan or not, Im sure youre not gonna argue that Floyd is some dynamic puncher lol. I dont even know if Floyd senior is stupid enough to make that claim. 

Either way, the fight should be good. Its the first time we get to see Floyd in their with a real elite Welterweight. Hopefully Mosley's age wont be a factor if he has slowed down. Its hard to say since his last fight was with Margarito...not a very fast handed boxer.

Like I said...if its a KO, its cus Mosley knocked him out. If it goes to decision, advantage Floyd.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
Any good live feeds? Left it too late, tried to book the fight today, but company is closed on Sundays  :'(

*Found a decent feed.

Mosley looked jumpy from the opening bell, dude still on crack? lol. Wasn't a good sign, he had a great round 2, but apart from that, Mayweather dominated.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:39:06 PM by Nutty »

bez

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
Great fight. Stayed up till 6am to watch it. Floyd proved how fucking good he is. Not only his punching speed and accuracy but his ability to take a dig. I think this fight did a lot of promote boxing. Fantasic.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
Dang, I thought Mosley had him the second round...  Showed he's vulnerable at least.  But once Floyd got to doing what wins him rounds, it was a wash..

It's gotta be Pacman...  Ain't no one else can touch this boy..

Geesta

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:02 AM »
Mosley fucked up trying to get the knock out in the 2nd round
he should of waited for a punch like that in the 8th or 10th round

after that hit mayweather was gonna be more cautious and adopted quick

thats why he dominated the rest of fight
also he fought mayweathers fight

anyone who fights mayweathers fight is gonna take an L even Pacman himself

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:35 AM »
Floyd was pretty close of getting that TKO.  If he was a slightly bigger risk taker, he gets it easily.  Mosley was gasping for air by round 4 and it had a lot to do with Mayweather making him miss.  That's one of the things that I found wack, as soon as it was obvious Mayweather was going to cruise to victory the analysts were looking for excuses for Mosley and before the right they were saying it makes no sense why Mosley is such an underdog in the betting world.  And it goes back to Mayweather always being in a lose lose situation with the public.  Remember, before the Mosley fight was set up people were saying Mayweather was scared to fight that he was ducking him.  Now people are saying, well it's not impressive that he beat an old fighter.  Guess what's going to happen if he beats Pac?  Well it's not that impressive, he's supposed to beat the little guy. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:37:45 AM by Javier »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 07:35:58 AM »
Mosley fucked up trying to get the knock out in the 2nd round
he should of waited for a punch like that in the 8th or 10th round

after that hit mayweather was gonna be more cautious and adopted quick

thats why he dominated the rest of fight
also he fought mayweathers fight

anyone who fights mayweathers fight is gonna take an L even Pacman himself

Anyone? I got 50 bucks on Vitali.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »
Really good performance by Floyd. Mosley was killin me...he was just going for that KO too much. He never threw more then one punch at a time. Floyd pretty much did his usual thing. He controlled the pace of the fight, and his quick counterpunching kept Mosley from getting off. Mosley really shoulda been throwing combinations. Floyd was hitting him with that counter right cross, but Floyd wasnt gonna KO him. Mosley might as well have just gone for it. But Floyd does do a good job of taking away his opponents main weapons. Regardless, good performance by Mayweather. Pacquiao vs Mayweather HAS GOT TO HAPPEN now.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
Amazing performance by mayweather, easily one of his better ones and he was coming forward too which was a suprise. The guy is just too good, i cant think of a guy even close to him skills wise as a boxer. Pacman fight has to happen though because they are easily the best two guys out there in boxing.