Author Topic: 04/27/2010: Former Aftermath Artist Eve Gives Details on Why She Left Interscope  (Read 707 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

In mid-January, Eve posted a brief message via Twitter confirming her departure from long-time label, Interscope, but the 31-year-old rapper has never spoken in detail about the split. However, Eve shared with VIBE the real reasons she's currently shopping for a new label home.

"[Interscope was] stupid because they didn’t drop me at first, they [just shelfed me] and dropped the ball. After 'Tambourine', they straight up were like, ‘Umm, yeah, nah, we’re not putting out the record.’ After that I was like 'Yall gotta let me go. I’ve been here 11 years and you’re frontin on me?' It got to that point," she reveals.

Eve who's debut album off Interscope, Let There Be Eve... Ruff Ryders' First Lady, debuted in 1999, says she loves the label's chairman, Jimmy Iovine, but admits that he's motivated by trends, no matter how much faith he's already invested in a senior artist - "I'm not going to talk shit about him, but I don’t appreciate the fact that he didn’t go the extra mile for me."

However, the main reason the Philly chick says she left disgruntled has everything to do with a pledge that was made to her before her 4th album, Flirt was meant to drop in 2007. "They promised me the machine. The machine is basically the roll out. It’s 'Yo, when [Flirt] comes out, we’ll give you this, we’ll give you that. And that’s what made me mad. It’d be different if we didn’t have a mtg where people promised me shit. If they were just like ‘Oh we’re going to put the album out and see what happens,’ that would be one thing," she says.

"But they were like ‘No, we’re making sure this happens, it’s coming out on this date.’ It was concrete. But it’s all good, everything happens how it’s supposed to, when it’s supposed to."

Eve confesses experiencing a short surge of confusion. "I definitely went through a period of ‘Are you serious?’ I think I didn’t know how to feel. Once it finally happened, it’s like 'Damn, so you wasn’t really fucking with me?' I went through a lot of different thoughts, but that only lasted for two days."

Almost immediately after getting dropped Eve went overseas for a series of club performances off her dubstep record, "Me N My", and reached an epiphany that even without Interscope she was still on her right path.

Currently the rapper/actress is still taking major label offers and promises fans that her recharged album, Lip Lock, will be out this year. — Tracy Garraud

Vibe.com

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Why does she think Jimmy Iovine and Interscope owes her something?  A deal works both ways.  They lose money if she's not successful and the earn money if she is.  So they're not going to put her project out if they think it's going to lose money just to be nice.

And they helped make her a star back in the day, so why do they still owe her?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

sofdark

well, atleast Eve could actually hold it down on her own, look at Hittman or Joe Beast,,,can't even find them.

LONDON!!

In mid-January, Eve posted a brief message via Twitter confirming her departure from long-time label, Interscope, but the 31-year-old rapper has never spoken in detail about the split. However, Eve shared with VIBE the real reasons she's currently shopping for a new label home.

"[Interscope was] stupid because they didn’t drop me at first, they [just shelfed me] and dropped the ball. After 'Tambourine', they straight up were like, ‘Umm, yeah, nah, we’re not putting out the record.’ After that I was like 'Yall gotta let me go. I’ve been here 11 years and you’re frontin on me?' It got to that point," she reveals.

Eve who's debut album off Interscope, Let There Be Eve... Ruff Ryders' First Lady, debuted in 1999, says she loves the label's chairman, Jimmy Iovine, but admits that he's motivated by trends, no matter how much faith he's already invested in a senior artist - "I'm not going to talk shit about him, but I don’t appreciate the fact that he didn’t go the extra mile for me."

However, the main reason the Philly chick says she left disgruntled has everything to do with a pledge that was made to her before her 4th album, Flirt was meant to drop in 2007. "They promised me the machine. The machine is basically the roll out. It’s 'Yo, when [Flirt] comes out, we’ll give you this, we’ll give you that. And that’s what made me mad. It’d be different if we didn’t have a mtg where people promised me shit. If they were just like ‘Oh we’re going to put the album out and see what happens,’ that would be one thing," she says.

"But they were like ‘No, we’re making sure this happens, it’s coming out on this date.’ It was concrete. But it’s all good, everything happens how it’s supposed to, when it’s supposed to."

Eve confesses experiencing a short surge of confusion. "I definitely went through a period of ‘Are you serious?’ I think I didn’t know how to feel. Once it finally happened, it’s like 'Damn, so you wasn’t really fucking with me?' I went through a lot of different thoughts, but that only lasted for two days."

Almost immediately after getting dropped Eve went overseas for a series of club performances off her dubstep record, "Me N My", and reached an epiphany that even without Interscope she was still on her right path.

Currently the rapper/actress is still taking major label offers and promises fans that her recharged album, Lip Lock, will be out this year. — Tracy Garraud

Vibe.com

good shit, eve has talent, 'as i grow' is my favorite tune from her, that tune is sick, she was goin on heavy on that shit, hopefully her new album will have more of that flavor, that would be a good look, trust me on that
"get this money by any means nessassary"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
to be fair to eve she got fucked over twice by going on aftermath LOL, she should have jsut carried on the way she was without going back to dre, both times that move was a failure for her. She should have worked to him without being his employee.

I guess everythings easy to say looking back though, it made sense at the time when she went back to aftermath. Now it looks like the worst decision she made.

She had some heat though

Westdog

Shit.."Aftermath" can just promise.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I never expected Eve to drop an album with aftermath
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Say what you want about Dre being such a great producer and so on, but seriously, the guy has no fucking clue how to run a business or a record label!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
eminem show
mmlp
sslp
documentary
encore
relapse
big bang theory
get rich or die tryin

all came out under aftermath....lol

Say what you want about Dre being such a great producer and so on, but seriously, the guy has no fucking clue how to run a business or a record label!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
but he's not even running it by himself

Jaydc

Why does she think Jimmy Iovine and Interscope owes her something?  A deal works both ways.  They lose money if she's not successful and the earn money if she is.  So they're not going to put her project out if they think it's going to lose money just to be nice.

And they helped make her a star back in the day, so why do they still owe her?

How did interscope make her a star,give me a fucking break.She and ruff ryders made her a star.They dropped the ball on her once when she was younger,trhen she became the number one female in the game and she goes back and they fuck her career up again.

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
Female rappers are an endangered species cant put no doe up for em' no moe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

How did interscope make her a star,give me a fucking break.She and ruff ryders made her a star.They dropped the ball on her once when she was younger,trhen she became the number one female in the game and she goes back and they fuck her career up again.

Ruff Ryders were on Interscope as well homie.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc

Interscope was the distribution of the company.Thats like saying jimmy iovine made snoop dogg a star because interscope distributed death row  ::)

KURUPTION-81

I never expected Eve to drop an album with aftermath

Nor did i but i thought tamborine was good for what it was, suprised it didnt do better.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson