Author Topic: in baccyards you was the man homie what the fucc happen to you KIMBO slice HAHA  (Read 868 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Its much easier to knock someone out in mma then it is boxing.

It is because you can jump on your opponent as soon as they hit the ground and the refs have to stop the fight. but boxers are heavier handed then MMA'rs. Punching is the only offense they work on...so naturally Kimbo getting floored by a weak jab from a Mixed Martial Artist would lead me to believe he doesnt have the greatest a chin...and a boxer would put him to sleep.
The difference is in the gloves.

The smaller size of the MMA gloves with less padding only makes the landed punch HURT more since the force is concentrated on a smaller area...and of course, cus there is less padding. It also drastically increases the chances of cuts from a punch.  The fact that boxing gloves are larger, heavier, and have a wider range of impact on the head actually make it easier to KO someone. The force of hitting someone with a larger object is quite a bit higher. When comparing a standard boxing glove to a standarn MMA glove, the boxing glove hits with over twice the force...AND with a wider range of impact.  Its easier to KO someone with a boxing glove.  If youve been in a fight before u know, it isnt always so easy to actually knock somebody out with your bare fists. You can do it, but its not so easy. When you hit someone flush with a boxing glove, you can really stagger them.

I can add in and say that in a real fight with a bare fist, it's easier to mark someone's face, black eyes come fast and scraps and cuts are easier to get on the face, but I never been knocked out or knocked out anybody in a bare fist fight. I've broken noses, I've knocked out teeth and busted my hand in the same punch but no knock outs. Now with gloves I've seen people drop like flies. A real boxing glove, the kind they use in actual boxing matches, HURT, I mean hurt bad. They are not made to protect fighters from brain damage, they are made to protect fighters hands so they can fight longer. They are hard and stiff, and if you wear them out right you can still get knuckle in your punches, as Mike Tyson said he did before every fight. He'd break-in his gloves until he felt his knuckles. So all the force of a larger boxing glove, combined with the fact they are not soft, and then potentially still getting hit with a protected knuckle, it's not a good thing for the weak.

Yeah the long term effects of being hit with boxing gloves over and over is pretty rough on the brain. They should go back to the bareknuckle fights lol

well you hold back more with bare knuckles because your hand hurts and you break your hand faster.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

It is because you can jump on your opponent as soon as they hit the ground and the refs have to stop the fight. but boxers are heavier handed then MMA'rs. Punching is the only offense they work on...so naturally Kimbo getting floored by a weak jab from a Mixed Martial Artist would lead me to believe he doesnt have the greatest a chin...and a boxer would put him to sleep.

The smaller size of the MMA gloves with less padding only makes the landed punch HURT more since the force is concentrated on a smaller area...and of course, cus there is less padding. It also drastically increases the chances of cuts from a punch.  The fact that boxing gloves are larger, heavier, and have a wider range of impact on the head actually make it easier to KO someone. The force of hitting someone with a larger object is quite a bit higher. When comparing a standard boxing glove to a standarn MMA glove, the boxing glove hits with over twice the force...AND with a wider range of impact.  Its easier to KO someone with a boxing glove.  If youve been in a fight before u know, it isnt always so easy to actually knock somebody out with your bare fists. You can do it, but its not so easy. When you hit someone flush with a boxing glove, you can really stagger them.

I can add in and say that in a real fight with a bare fist, it's easier to mark someone's face, black eyes come fast and scraps and cuts are easier to get on the face, but I never been knocked out or knocked out anybody in a bare fist fight. I've broken noses, I've knocked out teeth and busted my hand in the same punch but no knock outs. Now with gloves I've seen people drop like flies. A real boxing glove, the kind they use in actual boxing matches, HURT, I mean hurt bad. They are not made to protect fighters from brain damage, they are made to protect fighters hands so they can fight longer. They are hard and stiff, and if you wear them out right you can still get knuckle in your punches, as Mike Tyson said he did before every fight. He'd break-in his gloves until he felt his knuckles. So all the force of a larger boxing glove, combined with the fact they are not soft, and then potentially still getting hit with a protected knuckle, it's not a good thing for the weak.

Yeah the long term effects of being hit with boxing gloves over and over is pretty rough on the brain. They should go back to the bareknuckle fights lol

well you hold back more with bare knuckles because your hand hurts and you break your hand faster.

true. Having bareknuckle boxing matches actually leads to boring fights.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

true. Having bareknuckle boxing matches actually leads to boring fights.

yeah, lots of hugging and grapping, kind of like MMA.

Sikotic™

I'm glad there are people that understand the purpose of boxing gloves on here. I was starting to think everyone thought boxing gloves were "pussy shit" when anyone who has ever been hit with a pair of gloves knows it's no joke. It definitely ain't on some pillow fighting shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE