Author Topic: Questions About Ice Cube On Death Row?  (Read 973 times)

kuruptDPG

Questions About Ice Cube On Death Row?
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
1) why was no vaseline on the death row greatest hits volume 1?

2) i can remember but i read that wideawake found a few songs with ice cube on deathrow, was that in a interview or sutn?

DTG Entertainment

Re: Questions About Ice Cube On Death Row?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

2) i can remember but i read that wideawake found a few songs with ice cube on deathrow, was that in a interview or sutn?

Suge bought the licensing  rights to it, and yes, Suge bought an EP worth of material off Ice Cube - such as "Greed", "No Vaseline", etc.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
Greatest Hits was distributed through Priority who owned Ice Cube's catalog at the time.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
damn that ep sounds interestin....as always mike comin thru wit his info.... ;)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:52:47 AM »

they should have the unreleased song(s) from Helter Skelter

2euce 7even

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 07:36:07 AM »

i always thought that was because cube was dissin dre in the song.
didnt know about the EP that suge bought.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
damn that ep sounds interestin....as always mike comin thru wit his info.... ;)

It's all released material to my knowledge though.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »
Actually I found something interesting. Tanner posted a link to someone on youtube who has the Crooked I Untouchable album. While I was listening to that guys snippets I heard the OG version of "Nuthin But the Cavi Hit" with Ice Cube on it!

Tanner I have a feeling thats really you. But either way, can you shed some light on that track?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »
Actually I found something interesting. Tanner posted a link to someone on youtube who has the Crooked I Untouchable album. While I was listening to that guys snippets I heard the OG version of "Nuthin But the Cavi Hit" with Ice Cube on it!

Tanner I have a feeling thats really you. But either way, can you shed some light on that track?

It's actually the remix. There's a non-CDQ version of the version with the Ice Cube verse floating around from the old Playa P tapes.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »

It's actually the remix. There's a non-CDQ version of the version with the Ice Cube verse floating around from the old Playa P tapes.

allways loved "nothin but the cavi hit"
would love 2 here the remix .link please

acgrundy

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 04:56:09 PM »

yeah I used to have that song in real audio back in like 1998.  I think it was on westcoast 2k or something.  Cube had a very short verse at the end of the song I believe, other than that the rest of the song is the same.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »

allways loved "nothin but the cavi hit"
would love 2 here the remix .link please

yh plz upload it, i got a snippet of it, which il upload in a bit

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »
Interesting. I assumed it was WSC and DPG. But damn Cube, Dime, Kurupt, and Daz? Ooohhh.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

kuruptDPG

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
heres the snippet along with other songs, i recorded from nino brown videos, it has eg dre ghetto tango isntrumental, cant see me rmx cdq etc, nothin but the cavi hit is at 5.12mins

http://usershare.net/7d89rcn9icfl

SoCo

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
heres the snippet along with other songs, i recorded from nino brown videos, it has eg dre ghetto tango isntrumental, cant see me rmx cdq etc, nothin but the cavi hit is at 5.12mins

http://usershare.net/7d89rcn9icfl

What song is at 3:10?