Author Topic: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better  (Read 844 times)

YaKno7

• 'G'
R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
Hip Hop in General in the mainstream so wack now a days, make a 4 Mic album and you get a pass.  This thread is self explanatory:

R.E.D album needs:

Game to stop trying sound like a NY nigga or trying to fit in with their legends
Pharell & Neptunes on the label but just because they produced great records with Jay don't mean they will with u

More West Coast Production.  Game has to be one of the only west coast niggaz that don't have authentic west coast music.  He sounds far more east coast than anything

Learn to make a single without a feature. That 'Touchdown' shit of the L.A.X was single worthy even thoug it was a album cut

Please stop attempting to sound like 50 with ya hooks.  50 the last person you should try & imitate. If G unit come across you in NY...u already know what time it is

Add On

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 05:04:03 AM by Jome »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: R.E.D. Album Needs _______ To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »
less mainstream support.

too many mainstream features for sales purposes.

Game is at his best on his bangin' West Coast shit; he should stick to that instead of worrying about sales; he's had enough success to live the life a rapper wants even if he never sells more than 250K on an album again.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »
as a listener, i just want dope honest material that reflects game's truth ala bang along, game's pain, where i'm form, etc.  i want less cliche gagnsta shit as seen on lax
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

YaKno7

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
less mainstream support.

too many mainstream features for sales purposes.

Game is at his best on his bangin' West Coast shit; he should stick to that instead of worrying about sales; he's had enough success to live the life a rapper wants even if he never sells more than 250K on an album again.

The suits @ the label fuck w/Game but it's all about the numbers.  Looking back at his career..I don't think Game ever focused on TOP 40/Big Singles.  Now a days it's more important than before.  Game being 1 of the last west coast rappers needs to maintain his status.  The label can drop him if he doesn't produce or go the profitable direction

This go round is very crucial that a top 40 record is produced

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:11:55 PM »
^
^
I guarantee you that if game puts out the types of songs we've heard so far, this album will fail. He's trying to target the kids but the kids don't give a fuck about game to begin with. It's the same reason Snoop's last album failed. They will try to go for mainstream appeal but at the same time lose a lot of their core fanbase. What he needs to do is make a mainstream song that isn't complete shit.

As far as top 40, most rappers don't get a top 40. Game couldn't if he tried.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:16:35 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 10:56:15 PM »
He's a formulaic ass rapper just like the rest of the mainstream. Only thing with Game is he can't even get that shit right.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:18:42 AM »
I'd basically say Game needs to hold down an album on his own. Everyone of his previous albums had a who's who of A-list producers and guests. I'd like to see an album that has more of his personal touches on the creative end.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 04:56:11 AM »
I'd basically say Game needs to hold down an album on his own. Everyone of his previous albums had a who's who of A-list producers and guests. I'd like to see an album that has more of his personal touches on the creative end.
but he can't, that's the point!

he needs Dr.Dre as an executive producer to make a great album

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:36:24 AM »

D.A was a dope album ....
CAN I HAZ D;

Matty

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 06:02:34 AM »

'twas

game just needs banging production to make a good album. lets face it, he has very little/nothing of value to say whether it be honest, cliche or straight up stupid. we all listen to him for the beats and his delivery. i certainly pay little attention to what he's actually saying. as long as it rhymes, stays on-beat and sounds cool :bandit:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »

'twas

game just needs banging production to make a good album. lets face it, he has very little/nothing of value to say whether it be honest, cliche or straight up stupid. we all listen to him for the beats and his delivery. i certainly pay little attention to what he's actually saying. as long as it rhymes, stays on-beat and sounds cool :bandit:

this

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
Game is just trying to stay relevant & it's not working; he's just looking/sounding stupid.

westside159

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »
it dont sound like a 4 mic album from the singles that came out ,  Shake ?  Justin timberlake ?   i bet lady gaga is on this album too 

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
you know what,FUCC MORE WEST COAST PRODUCTION! i'm tired of hearing that lame shit, just as long as the equal shit is knot should be all that matters, i don't give a fucc if that muthafucca rap'd over heels walking on the side walk with a ice cream trucc in the baccground if the shit is dope i'd fucc with it,i ain't even a fan of the muthafucca but if his shit turns out to be knot i'll give him his props no matter what he raps over yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »
so basically alot of west coast fans here don't care about lyrics only delivery and beats? yet y'all hate the south? haha that's why they like alot of they artist, come on my equals you got to like rhymes damn i wonder why a person like ras never caught on with alot of west coast fans yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp