Author Topic: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better  (Read 842 times)

G-Funk

Re: R.E.D. Album Needs _______ To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »
game just needs banging production to make a good album. lets face it, he has very little/nothing of value to say whether it be honest, cliche or straight up stupid. we all listen to him for the beats and his delivery. i certainly pay little attention to what he's actually saying. as long as it rhymes, stays on-beat and sounds cool :bandit:
this

truth. and that goes for a lot of other rappers too. dont know why everyone thinks he will pull off a "classic" album each time. come on, classics only come once in a great while, especially these days.
when it comes to a west coast artist, everyone criticizes every little thing.. hell, rappers should have like their own "batting average" :laugh:

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:33 PM »
Maybe that's the problem with the West fans. It's not that we hate redudant overly-produced music with no substance. It's that we hate when it's not the type of redudant subject matter we grew up on. Artists are only "sell-outs" when they intentially cater to tastes we don't share. It's okay to make music with no soul as long as it reminds me of 1994 when I listen to it.

40gloccfan

Re: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
FUCK GAME

CHECK OUT WWW.40GLOCC.COM

NEW MUSIC/EXCLUSIVES/GIVEAWAYS

FOLLOW @40GLOCC

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/40GLOCC

Muhfukka

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
jome didnt understand hahaha

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
he's goin the snoop route... terrible neptunes production and flop album sales...

blackwallguerilla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 12:13:46 AM »
Jimmy H hits the nail on the head, that's some networthy shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 12:31:43 AM »
so basically alot of west coast fans here don't care about lyrics only delivery and beats? yet y'all hate the south? haha that's why they like alot of they artist, come on my equals you got to like rhymes damn i wonder why a person like ras never caught on with alot of west coast fans yell

Production is the most important part of hip hop, and this is coming from someone who likes listening to lyricists. Hip hop is a MUSIC genre. It's simply not good music if it doesn't sound good. That said, lyrics are important as well. The thing about Game is that he is an average rapper, no more no less. His lyrics are decent enough that they won't bring down a hot beat. Those southern one hit wonders that were popular a couple years ago had lyrics and hooks so terrible that they were painfully obvious and destroyed any enjoyment of the production (which mostly sucked as well I might add).

Terrible lyrics + dope production = wack song

average lyrics + dope production = dope song

dope lyrics + terrible production = wack song

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »
Maybe that's the problem with the West fans. It's not that we hate redudant overly-produced music with no substance. It's that we hate when it's not the type of redudant subject matter we grew up on. Artists are only "sell-outs" when they intentially cater to tastes we don't share. It's okay to make music with no soul as long as it reminds me of 1994 when I listen to it.
damn that's exactly it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »
so basically alot of west coast fans here don't care about lyrics only delivery and beats? yet y'all hate the south? haha that's why they like alot of they artist, come on my equals you got to like rhymes damn i wonder why a person like ras never caught on with alot of west coast fans yell

Production is the most important part of hip hop, and this is coming from someone who likes listening to lyricists. Hip hop is a MUSIC genre. It's simply not good music if it doesn't sound good. That said, lyrics are important as well. The thing about Game is that he is an average rapper, no more no less. His lyrics are decent enough that they won't bring down a hot beat. Those southern one hit wonders that were popular a couple years ago had lyrics and hooks so terrible that they were painfully obvious and destroyed any enjoyment of the production (which mostly sucked as well I might add).

Terrible lyrics + dope production = wack song

average lyrics + dope production = dope song

dope lyrics + terrible production = wack song

but it still all depends on what fans out here like as far as production, i mean some fans out here only want to here so called west coast production from when our coast was on top,and if it's not that,they look at it as wacc,and to me that's garbage, if you really listened close to the way the game tries to spit it's mostly some east coast shit! mixed in with some west coast themes,and he takes pics giving it up for the west, hell he don't even know what he wants to do hahaha, but at the same time that's where most of his appeal come from. you might figure out what he's gonna do in the end,but in the meantime you don't know if you are gonna get the apology,lame song,dope song, or fucc (insert rapper name)first. yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
I don't care whether its west coast or east coast production. I want some dope production period. None of the shit we've heard from game so far is dope

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 04:32:16 PM »
The Source ratings are no longer relevant

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
I'd basically say Game needs to hold down an album on his own. Everyone of his previous albums had a who's who of A-list producers and guests. I'd like to see an album that has more of his personal touches on the creative end.
but he can't, that's the point!

he needs Dr.Dre as an executive producer to make a great album

Doctor's Advocate>>>>Documentary
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
I have a better chance of winning the lotto than Game putting out a 4 mic album.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »
what Game needs to do to have a 4 Mic album is scrap everything he's done for this album. ;)

Jaydc

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
I just cant see it happening.And aint no way in hell da was better then documentary.But id take another da over another lax thats for sure.hes gotten worse every album.When I say that people get butt hurt because of da,but,replay value,da was alright but not great.the song structure and focus suffered without 50 and dre over looking the project.And lax reminded me of snoop without dre,a horrible mess with no direction.it made curtis looked like a cohesive album.I honestly hoped he would bounce back from red,but judging from the singles its going to be ven worse then lax.I didnt even think that was possible.