Author Topic: My new favorite anti Laker argument  (Read 1070 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My new favorite anti Laker argument
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
The grizzlies was an absolute clusterfuck by the NBA.Lets face it they were terrible and for good reason.Absurd handicaps on the franchise didnt allow them to pick 1st overall even though they had the worst record in basketball for a few years straight.So instead of being able to draft Tim duncan 1st overall,they got the 4th pick and got antonio daniels who was a bust.I mean if your trying to expand into a new market and the team is terrible you would think they would allow them to be able to draft the best players but no they these absurd rules that disallowed them from having the first pick

Yet the Lakers could draft Magic back when they already had Jabbar :D Or draft Jerry West back when they already had Elgin Baylor.

Shit is not fair!
The Lakers went 25–50 before drafting West with the 2nd pick, dipshit.

LOL stop getting provoked so easily.
How have they went before drafting Magic with the 1st pick? :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:20:10 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
The grizzlies was an absolute clusterfuck by the NBA.Lets face it they were terrible and for good reason.Absurd handicaps on the franchise didnt allow them to pick 1st overall even though they had the worst record in basketball for a few years straight.So instead of being able to draft Tim duncan 1st overall,they got the 4th pick and got antonio daniels who was a bust.I mean if your trying to expand into a new market and the team is terrible you would think they would allow them to be able to draft the best players but no they these absurd rules that disallowed them from having the first pick

Yet the Lakers could draft Magic back when they already had Jabbar :D Or draft Jerry West back when they already had Elgin Baylor.

Shit is not fair!

Well... the New Orleans Jazz were dumb enough to trade their draft pick for Gail Goodrich. I mean Goodrich was a Hall of Famer, but he was in his twilight years, and the Jazz wanted him bad enough they traded their first round pick. In 1978-1979, they had the worst record in the NBA, but the Lakers had the rights to that draft and got Magic.

Lakers have always had great management. They mastered trades for picks, and the Lakers have made the most of the late draft. Too bad other franchises don't run like the Lakers.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
Drafts are always a total toss up I never give teams too much credit or bash teams,of any sport for their draft picks.Nothing is certain in this world.

westsiderider323

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:05 PM »
go lakers fuck haters  8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 10:43:03 PM »
the Celtics have 17 world titles.  the Lakers have 15.

the Celtics are 9-2 against the Lakers in the finals.

Phil is so insecure that he has to cry to the refs through the media about Kevin Garnett before Garnett even gets to smack around that little bitch Gasol.

man I can't wait til Boston wins this
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 09:20:13 PM »
Drafts are always a total toss up I never give teams too much credit or bash teams,of any sport for their draft picks.Nothing is certain in this world.

yeah, but picks like Derek Fisher, Devean George, Marc Gasol (even though he didn't play for LA, as a second rounder his becoming a great player for the Grizzles), Ronny Turiaf, Elden Campbell, Vlade Divac, Brian Cook. The Lakers have mastered the late draft by picking role players to complement their stars.

I mean, is Derek Fisher even a starter in most teams, but on the Lakers his excelled in leading the team on the court and keeping everyone on the same page, offering that leadership that every team needs from their point guard.

Turiaf was energy off the bench.

George was a D-III player who became a starter next to Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton.

Campbell was one of the best defenders, and one of the few that could defend Shaq one on one in Shaq's prime. (watch the 2004 NBA Finals, it was Campbell's defense that allowed Detroit to focus on everyone else instead of double teaming Shaq like every other team had to do.

Cook was a great shooting big man that was great off the bench in Shaq era.

Gasol is now proving that the Pau Gasol trade was not a complete rip off, and Memphis might have saved tons of money and still have a very good big man.

Jerry West was great at evaluating talent, and Mitch has learned from West. This is something that has served the Lakers well, and it's needed for a team to continue to build titles, and only miss the playoffs 5 times in the last 50 years.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
lol

The Los Angeles Lakers have won 10 titles.
The Boston Celtics have won 17 titles.
The Lakers have won 15 titles.
The Celtics have won 17 titles.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
lol

You're lolling for what? I was 100% on point.

Damn, I hate it when niggas like me is fucking accurate and them some other niggas be just laughing at this shit
No, it's not a sin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
comedy at how you pointed it out...your humble tho....haha

lol

You're lolling for what? I was 100% on point.

Damn, I hate it when niggas like me is fucking accurate and them some other niggas be just laughing at this shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »
not asian
not mexican

lol
Cube

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
Fucking 7even, he was giving you props if anything. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 08:11:39 AM »
sorry I was drunk as fuck, I apologize
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »

Shit is not fair!

Lakers have always had great management. They mastered trades for picks, and the Lakers have made the most of the late draft. Too bad other franchises don't run like the Lakers.

lol its not JUST about how they are run. The Spurs are run just as well...but agents will tell their clients to go to LA before San Antonio or anywhere really. The media exposure, celebrity atmosphere...etc makes it far more desireable for bigtime players. San Antonio has been amazing in the draft for the fact that they typically dont get picks anywhere in the first half of rounds (except Duncan). Its free agency where LA has the big advantage. Whats the last draft pick the Lakers have had that was really amazing? Kobe?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

Shit is not fair!

lol its not JUST about how they are run. The Spurs are run just as well...but agents will tell their clients to go to LA before San Antonio or anywhere really. The media exposure, celebrity atmosphere...etc makes it far more desireable for bigtime players. San Antonio has been amazing in the draft for the fact that they typically dont get picks anywhere in the first half of rounds (except Duncan). Its free agency where LA has the big advantage. Whats the last draft pick the Lakers have had that was really amazing? Kobe?
The Lakers didn't draft Kobe and they have had only one high draft pick (higher then #19th pick) in the last 15 years.

Lower round picks in the last 15: Fisher (#24), Devean George (#23), Walton (#32), and M. Gasol (#48).

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 12:02:39 PM »

Shit is not fair!

The Lakers didn't draft Kobe and they have had only one high draft pick (higher then #19th pick) in the last 15 years.

Lower round picks in the last 15: Fisher (#24), Devean George (#23), Walton (#32), and M. Gasol (#48).

I know they didnt draft him. I wasnt saying that they did. But they traded for him immediately. which is essentially the same thing as trading for the pick..and drafting him. Regardless my point was that it isnt the draft so much where they have done well. Its with free agency, etc.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"