Author Topic: Just finished the 4th Season of The Wire  (Read 346 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just finished the 4th Season of The Wire
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »
I just finished the 4th Season of the Wire.  As a Libertarian I'm advocate for the legalization of drugs and for putting an end to public (government) schooling.  These were, of course the two issues that drive the storyline for Season 4.  Politically speaking, I couldn't help but thinking how much better the world would be without drug laws and public (government) schools, stealing money from citizens through taxes and lowering everyone's standard of living. 

Getting away from politics, for a minute I will say the show was non-stop entertainment.  At the end I felt like the director was making a profound statement about life.  When the young man was shown living with the ex-policeman and his wife at the very end, for a moment it felt as if all the chaos and turmoil that had occurred had become worth it, just in that one moment. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: Just finished the 4th Season of The Wire
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »
Cool story bro
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
The Wire had no political ideology, it was a pretty gray show.  Whatever your political ideology, I'm sure you could have find some sort of point being made in the Wire in some season or episode. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:07:33 AM »
the hamsterdam plot was a lil silly but they made it work, dont even watch season 5, its a waste of life.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
Okay, I don't actually agree, but neither would I argue. We said what we wanted to say and now everyone else is entitled to talk back without some counterbitch finding them. So let's happily concede that all criticism stands and get to the real fun.

Because the thing I can't leave alone, the thing that makes me giddy as a schoolgirl is this: Whatever else I am -- a traitorous apostate to newsprint, the angriest hack in television, a kicker of small dogs -- you must acknowledge that I am now, also, the newly crowded King of Meta. That's right. I am your new lord sovereign of buried, latent, subtextual argument. I dragged it past sarcasm, past cynicism, and all the way to balls-out snide. Crown me up and kneel, ya bitches.

SEO Marketing | SEO
lol

Elkoizm

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »
Yeah Season 5 is pretty ish but its good to have it all wrapped up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:37:21 AM »
the hamsterdam plot was a lil silly but they made it work, dont even watch season 5, its a waste of life.

Hamsterdam was season 3. Season 4 was solid top to bottom. And obviously season 5 does not exist.