Author Topic: Top 10 most important Albums  (Read 471 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: Top 10 most important Albums
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 10:16:06 AM »
1- Run-Dmc - Raising Hell
2- Metallica - Metallica
3- Korn - Follow The Leader
4- Cypress Hill - III Temples Of Boom
5- Alice Cooper - School's Out
6- Kraftwerk - Minimum-Maximum
7- The Offspring - Smash
8- Nine Inch Nails - Thing Falling Appart
9- Fear Factory - Obsolete
10- Ice Cube - Greatest Hits

westsiderider323

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
3- Korn - Follow The Leader

damn i forgot to add follow the leader to my list best korn album imo

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
good thread right here,and i give all yall equals props i can't think of 10 at all hahaha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

9 Eminem- The Eminem Show
Brought it the first day it came out, and played it ever since.
was NO WHERE near as good as SSLP or MMLP but still a solid album, and came out when i was really getting into eminem so its a classic to me.

Not talking about you, but just in general...

It bothers me when people say that SSLP was better than Eminem Show, because I remember when SSLP came out back in Feb. 99' EVERYONE WAS HATING ON IT.  I used to go to the Bodyrott Eminem forum back in 99, and this was a forum FOR EMINEM FANS, and even on his own fucking forum everybody was hating on him and hating on that album.

I was one of the only people back then that supported Eminem from the start, and never hated on him back in the day.  For most people it wasn't until "Forgot About Dre" came out that Eminem began to get respect, and that's from the mainstream to the hardcore hip-hop fans.

By the time Eminem Show came out a lot of rap fans would then admit that he was the best rapper out, but then they wanted to go back on their words and say that the Slim Shady LP was better.  As if that makes them sound like they were more serious fans or something.  

But call a spade a spade, even Eminem says in interviews that his first 3 albums represented a progression in his abilities as an artist and producer and Eminem himself would not tell you that the SSLP album was better than the Eminem Show.

SSLP is probably my favorite eminem album. good beats, and its just all him doing him at that time. and it was hilarious.
alot more original than the jokes on his newer cd's
its obvious that at the time of SSLP that redman was his favorite rapper.
if you listen to Red Whut theee album, and dare iz a darkside, you can tell how eminem was influenced by his rhymes.
i even think infinite is one of eminems best albums.
but its kind of funny it seems like eminem just switched up his style for sales, since infinite didnt sell, he changed the subject matter for a gimmic. not because he was "mentally unstable" as the media has always said about his rhymes.

but anyway, back on topic...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »

9 Eminem- The Eminem Show
Brought it the first day it came out, and played it ever since.
was NO WHERE near as good as SSLP or MMLP but still a solid album, and came out when i was really getting into eminem so its a classic to me.

Not talking about you, but just in general...

It bothers me when people say that SSLP was better than Eminem Show, because I remember when SSLP came out back in Feb. 99' EVERYONE WAS HATING ON IT.  I used to go to the Bodyrott Eminem forum back in 99, and this was a forum FOR EMINEM FANS, and even on his own fucking forum everybody was hating on him and hating on that album.

I was one of the only people back then that supported Eminem from the start, and never hated on him back in the day.  For most people it wasn't until "Forgot About Dre" came out that Eminem began to get respect, and that's from the mainstream to the hardcore hip-hop fans.

By the time Eminem Show came out a lot of rap fans would then admit that he was the best rapper out, but then they wanted to go back on their words and say that the Slim Shady LP was better.  As if that makes them sound like they were more serious fans or something.  

But call a spade a spade, even Eminem says in interviews that his first 3 albums represented a progression in his abilities as an artist and producer and Eminem himself would not tell you that the SSLP album was better than the Eminem Show.

i was an admin and bodyrott's and even controlled the move to the new forum and i dont remember it like that at all. i picked up the SSLP the day it came out and found that site the same day after looking for some leftovers and it was getting nothing but praise to the point where alot of the fans were just in general dick riding

Seriously, is there any way we can look at the old threads from the site?   Cause I remember I got called a dickrider nearly in every thread on that site, just because I was saying Eminem was the best rapper out in the Slim Shady LP days.  I'm trying to remember what my screen name was on there, is there any way we can check.. holler at me dude... that would really bring back some memories for sure!!!

by the way, I'm not saying SSLP isn't a great album, I consider it a 5 mic classic album.  But I think Eminem still continued to get even  better on MMLP and Eminem Show and then his most legendary two cuts are on the 8 Mile Soundtrack.  "8 Mile Road" and "Lose Yourself".

What I am saying is that, all these people supposedly claim they love the Slim Shady LP the most, but I didn't hear none of that when the album was actually out and nobody would give Eminem the props he deserved.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:05:59 PM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
1. DJ Quik - Safe and Sound

2. Metallica - ...And Justice For All

3. Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP

4. Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

5. Eazy E - Its On Dr Dre 187um Killa

6. Above the Law - Uncle Sams Curse

7. Nirvana - Nevermind

8. Eminem - Slim Shady LP

9. Limp Bizkit  - Chocolate Starfish and Hotdog flavoured water (your probably wondering why i like this album lol, it reminds me fondly of my childhood blasting this on my boombox whilst at the skatepark, was some of the best times of my life)

10. Metallica - Master of Puppets

Oh and people saying Metallica - Metallica album, that album sucked ass, it was their sellout album  :-X
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:14:42 PM by Gfunk »
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »
Chronological order:

LL Cool J - Bigger And Deffer - first rap album
Run DMC - Raising Hell - first rap album bought on same day as LL's B.A.D.
Eazy E - Eazy Duz It - first time I heard music with the word "fuck" in it
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton - see Eazy Duz It
Dr. Dre - The Chronic - living in Long Beach/Corona at the time just made you feel proud to be from Southland.
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle - by this time I was emulating everything Snoop did... dress code was exactly like Snoop.
2Pac - All Eyez On Me - 2Pac on Death Row was like if Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan were on the same team at their peaks.
DMX - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot - I hated Puffy and when X came and tore the game apart with street shit I was hooked. Plus I got my first car that year so all you would hear from my car was DMX.
Dr. Dre - 2001 - The West Coast is back, I was in first year university and that was my soundtrack.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
1. Cypress Hill - Temple Of Boom
The album tha got me listening to rap for the first time

2. Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics 1 & 2
The album that got me into g-funk

3. Nas - Illmatic
GOAT

4. Kokane - Funk Upon A Rhyme
The Album that made me a Kokane fan.

5. R.Kelly - TP2.Com
Had only this cd at the summmerhouse whit no internet conection when i was a kid for 1 month.

6. The Last Emperor - Palace Of The Pretender
Dont now why exactly, but this album has stuck on me.

7. Foesum - Perfection
The synths and whistles on this CD is some of the sickest ever.

8. Dungeon Family - Even In Darkness
Left rap for disco and soul for a minute, then this CD came and i was hooked again

9. Stevie Wonder - Greatest Hits
Got it for my birthday when i was a kid, still get played.

10. Twista - Adrenaline Rush
My weed smokin CD back in the day.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »
2. Metallica - ...And Justice For All
10. Metallica - Master of Puppets

Oh and people saying Metallica - Metallica album, that album sucked ass, it was their sellout album  :-X

finally someone with some good taste in metallica albums. black album suckas

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
in no particular order (first 10 that come to mind)

1. stevie wonder - songs in the key of life
2. erykah badu - baduism
3. raekwon - only built 4 cuban linx
4. aphex twin - selected ambient works vol. 2
5. isaac hayes - black moses
6. the smiths - the queen is dead
7.sonic youth - sister
8. ugk - ridin dirty
9. wu tang - 36 chambers
10. biggie - ready to die.