Author Topic: So I tried watching the world cup today  (Read 1240 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: So I tried watching the world cup today
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »
Heres what I will give the World Cup. The National Pride that comes along with the event is cool. Plus the fact that you get the feeling there are a lot of different teams that could ACTUALLY win it. Basketball in the Olympics is kind of the same, but you dont really feel that there are that many teams that can win (really just the U.S.). Not to mention...the Olympics are pretty fuckin gay. The Winter Olympics are more gay...but yeah.

Yeah that's the best thing about the world cup. There participate many weak teams, and many argue that the Eupean cup with 16 teams offers more quality (which is true in some way), but I like it that there are 32 teams from all over the world and I can enjoy the exotic teams as well.

Ive heard that some of those soccer leagues the play is more exciting than the World Cup play. It makes sense though. The World Cup is such a big event, Im sure teams and players are a little more conservative with their play...and play NOT to lose at times.

Also youve got to take into consideration players train all season with their teams so their comfortable with the style and formation

you get to spend about 6-8 weeks with the national team so the manager cant get the team as well drilled as they would at club level