Author Topic: Deen Readies New Music & Releases "Mic Check" Trailer (Dubai/Middle East HipHop)  (Read 48 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/media/video/miccheck-hiphopinthemiddleeast-trailer/

Deen Readies New Music & Releases "Mic Check" Trailer - By : Rud - July 3, 2010

This year has seen the artist Deen, formally known as Jihad, continue to build his buzz not only locally but on the international stage. Already this year Dubcnn has played host to the release of his DJ Superstar Jay hosted mixtape I Rebel plus tracks including Airwolf alongside Crooked I, My Home with Young De & the solo cut Cerritos Represent.

Then in late April we dropped two tracks from Deen's upcoming mixtape/street album, "Ruled By Shadows", hosted by DJ Skee.

The first was Hanging Out Da Window produced by Jaywan - and the second was where he linked up with world renowned production monster, Swizz Beats, compliments of West Coast Ruff Ryder President, Cookie Bishop with co-production by, Lou Dog, of Sublime on the track Dippin' In My Lexo.

Since then Deen has been back over in the Middle East finalising "Ruled By Shadows" as well as working on the announced EP "Kala/Safed" and finally completing work on his upcoming documentary on Middle East Hip-Hop, "Mic Check".

"Mic Check" is a documentary film based on the emerging hip-hop scene in the Middle East, specifically focusing on Dubai, UAE. Slated for an early 2011 release, "Mic Check" features Deen, DJ Warrior and a slew of Dubai-based talent. We have the trailer for the documentary to view below.

Mic Check: Hip-Hop In The Middle East (Dubai, UAE) Documentary Trailer

The "Mic Check" documentary is due later this year and is produced by Deen, Paul Holgerson, Rebellion Records & Dub Catcher. Stay tuned for more news on this and other projects involving Deen.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network