Author Topic: Looks like LeBron is staying in Cleveland (gonna announce his decision Thursday)  (Read 1957 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Bird had HOFers, Magic had HOFers, MJ had HOFers, Kobe had Shaq (HOF), Kobe had All-Stars coming off the bench & a coach that supposedly "wins"; so you can't realistically tell me if LeBron were to sign with Miami, it would take away from his rings lol.

Not to be a detail whore, but MJ had one HOFer. Singular, not plural. I personally think Rodman deserved to be in the HOF though. And Kobe has one All-Star. Again, singular not plural. And I'm not quite sure why that even came up, because an All-Star and a HOFer is a world of a fucking difference lol

And there's also another huge difference between the examples you gave and LeBron's scenario. Bird, Magic, MJ, and Kobe never had to leave any teams to join another HOFer's team somewhere else. The argument is really going to become "Wade had HOFers" because it's Wades team and LeBron (no matter how egotistical he may seem) knows that.

I'll repeat myself here... I don't see him going to a team that is clearly Wade's team, it'll be like KG & Pierce in 2008. Everyone knew KG was the better player (and outside of the city they played in, KG was way more popular), but the team was still considered Pierce's team and he was the one who got the credit as the team captain who stayed loyal throughout the thick and the thin. LeBron is in his prime and has his pride, he doesn't have to resort to that just yet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^Well, if he goes to Chicago with Boozer, Rose, Deng and Noah... he damn sure has a contender at hand! If he stays in Cleveland with Varejao as the third best player? Never goes to the Finals again.

True, I really do like his situation in Chicago.

Bird had HOFers, Magic had HOFers, MJ had HOFers, Kobe had Shaq (HOF), Kobe had All-Stars coming off the bench & a coach that supposedly "wins"; so you can't realistically tell me if LeBron were to sign with Miami, it would take away from his rings lol.

Not to be a detail whore, but MJ had one HOFer. Singular, not plural. I personally think Rodman deserved to be in the HOF though. And Kobe has one All-Star. Again, singular not plural. And I'm not quite sure why that even came up, because an All-Star and a HOFer is a world of a fucking difference lol

And there's also another huge difference between the examples you gave and LeBron's scenario. Bird, Magic, MJ, and Kobe never had to leave any teams to join another HOFer's team somewhere else. The argument is really going to become "Wade had HOFers" because it's Wades team and LeBron (no matter how egotistical he may seem) knows that.

I'll repeat myself here... I don't see him going to a team that is clearly Wade's team, it'll be like KG & Pierce in 2008. Everyone knew KG was the better player (and outside of the city they played in, KG was way more popular), but the team was still considered Pierce's team and he was the one who got the credit as the team captain who stayed loyal throughout the thick and the thin. LeBron is in his prime and has his pride, he doesn't have to resort to that just yet.

Yeah, but Kobe was about to leave, begged to leave if they couldn't get him an amazing cast; they did & then everybody celebrates like he souly got the ring lol.

I'm big on it being a team game, if they come together & win a ring, I'll be the first to say the "MIAMI HEAT" are the champions; sure LeBron is a champion, but I won't be saying he's the reason they won. Just like all the Champs of the past. None of them did it alone, there was some sort of great help behind them & this case is no different. It's just not LeBron being a triple-double scoring machine.

Everybody makes the case he isn't a "leader" or "helps people be better", well here is a golden chance to prove he is. I can understand why people would hate on it, I mean it only came up that LeBron would hurt himself because the Nets owner is upset that he knows that's where he's headed & tried to play at LeBron's ego.

Boston does it, nobody really hated KG, Pierce & Ray at the time they formed the big 3, so nobody gave them shit, until they proved they can win. This is just another case of people being upset they KNOW LeBron (the man everybody loves to hate) will MOST LIKELY get his first ring & people are running to the excuse book finding ways to take away from him.

When it's no different than anything else; it's harder if anything because all those other championship teams had a deep bench or at least a great starting five, even the Celtics had a great bench. This possible Miami team would have a bunch of minimum contract players around them, it's basically their big 3 vs. everybody.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They sayin hell win...
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
Wit chitowns current squad...how he not win wit his team of 7 years...but he gon wit deng, noah, and boozer? And boozer jus signed
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

Yeah, but Kobe was about to leave, begged to leave if they couldn't get him an amazing cast; they did & then everybody celebrates like he souly got the ring lol.

I'm big on it being a team game, if they come together & win a ring, I'll be the first to say the "MIAMI HEAT" are the champions; sure LeBron is a champion, but I won't be saying he's the reason they won. Just like all the Champs of the past. None of them did it alone, there was some sort of great help behind them & this case is no different. It's just not LeBron being a triple-double scoring machine.

Everybody makes the case he isn't a "leader" or "helps people be better", well here is a golden chance to prove he is. I can understand why people would hate on it, I mean it only came up that LeBron would hurt himself because the Nets owner is upset that he knows that's where he's headed & tried to play at LeBron's ego.

Boston does it, nobody really hated KG, Pierce & Ray at the time they formed the big 3, so nobody gave them shit, until they proved they can win. This is just another case of people being upset they KNOW LeBron (the man everybody loves to hate) will MOST LIKELY get his first ring & people are running to the excuse book finding ways to take away from him.

When it's no different than anything else; it's harder if anything because all those other championship teams had a deep bench or at least a great starting five, even the Celtics had a great bench. This possible Miami team would have a bunch of minimum contract players around them, it's basically their big 3 vs. everybody.

Actually it's not a golden chance to prove he's a leader. It's quite the opposite. Again, he's joining Wade on Wade's team. When KG joined Pierce in Boston, KG pretty much conceded to the fact that he wasn't a leader (although he only really had one realistic chance in 2004, not nearly as many as LeBron realistically had). In 2008, I feel like KG was clearly the best player on the Celtics. But the fact that it was Pierce's team had skewed so many people's opinions into thinking Pierce being the best player of the team.

LeBron leaving his own team, after the humbling play-off failures, to join Wade would really only serve as extra ammunition against him. If LeBron actually cares about that, and I think he does, then I think what 7even brought up is actually his best option if he has to leave Cleveland. Chicago has no HOFers yet (they do have a developing superstar though), LeBron would obviously be the leader of that team. And they'd have a damn good chance as contenders.

theremedy360

Mark my words, if Lebron goes to Miami the Heat will gain the biggest bandwagon following in the history of sports.

westsiderider323

Mark my words, if Lebron goes to Miami the Heat will gain the biggest bandwagon following in the history of sports.

oh noooooooo doubt this is going to happen i will strangle anyone who says they a heat fan

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

oh noooooooo doubt this is going to happen i will strangle anyone who says they a heat fan

I'll let you know at 9 tonight if I'm a Heat fan. ;D

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

lol and lebron doesnt have an allstars? mo williams, jamison, artest hasnt been an all star since 2004, and if u consider that sitll an all star might as well put shaq and big Z too. lebron is joining 2 other stars in their prime, lebron and bosh have no sense of loyalty. i highly doubted wade would of left even though hes an attention whore just like the other 2.

the celtics were past their prime when they got the big 3 together. but lebron will never be in the same convo as MJ and kobe if he signs with the heat. guys a loser.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wait hold up chal, you discredit kobe for having shaq, but u dont discredit lebron for having bosh and wade?

sounds pretty hypocritical. and dont tell me shaq could of done it without kobe.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

wait hold up chal, you discredit kobe for having shaq, but u dont discredit lebron for having bosh and wade?

sounds pretty hypocritical. and dont tell me shaq could of done it without kobe.

If Lebron wins a title with Miami (if he goes there), alongside Wade and Bosh....its on par with Kobe's titles with Shaq. IMO, they mean less. The only advantage I would give LeBron in that situation, is that he would still be considered the best player on the team...whereas Kobe was number 2 on the three peat Lakers. Now Lebron would have TWO bonified superstars to Kobe's ONE with Shaq. It still means a LITTLE that LeBron would be the guy on this Heat team. Either way, its bullshit. If he goes to the Heat, he is gonna have a good part of the country routing for them to fail. He wont cement a legacy for himself by winning titles with one of the other top players of his generation, and one of the best bigmen in the league. He should go to NY IMO, team up with soft ass Amare....and create a feud with the Heat. Lebron/Amare vs Wade/Bosh.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

If Lebron wins a title with Miami (if he goes there), alongside Wade and Bosh....its on par with Kobe's titles with Shaq. IMO, they mean less. The only advantage I would give LeBron in that situation, is that he would still be considered the best player on the team...whereas Kobe was number 2 on the three peat Lakers. Now Lebron would have TWO bonified superstars to Kobe's ONE with Shaq. It still means a LITTLE that LeBron would be the guy on this Heat team. Either way, its bullshit. If he goes to the Heat, he is gonna have a good part of the country routing for them to fail. He wont cement a legacy for himself by winning titles with one of the other top players of his generation, and one of the best bigmen in the league. He should go to NY IMO, team up with soft ass Amare....and create a feud with the Heat. Lebron/Amare vs Wade/Bosh.
[/quote

yea it would be better for their legacies, and would create a mad rivalry, but i still think the nets is a much better option, the talent is spread out more and i know the owner is down to go way over the cap limit and pay luxury tax is lebron goes there.

the knicks got amare, while nets got harris and lopez, if harris goes back to what he did when carter was on the team, he'll be fine.

but if lebron leaves the cavs hes done being in the same convo as kobe and MJ, and none of that HOFer nonsense if lebron were to win the last 3 years wouldnt his teammates be considered hofers? lol seriously man.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

[/quote

yea it would be better for their legacies, and would create a mad rivalry, but i still think the nets is a much better option, the talent is spread out more and i know the owner is down to go way over the cap limit and pay luxury tax is lebron goes there.

the knicks got amare, while nets got harris and lopez, if harris goes back to what he did when carter was on the team, he'll be fine.

but if lebron leaves the cavs hes done being in the same convo as kobe and MJ, and none of that HOFer nonsense if lebron were to win the last 3 years wouldnt his teammates be considered hofers? lol seriously man.

I dunno. I think they are seperate conversations. You can be in the same conversation with Kobe, without being in the same conversation with Jordan. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm not giving LeBron "all" the credit like you moronic Laker fans give Kobe for what Shaq did.

Daygo got it though, it's no different than Kobe winning with Shaq; so Laker fans should be the last ones to talk when they say "He needed Wade" lol.

I know the comeback..."But Kobe did it without Shaq"; yeah, but Gasol + Artest + Odom + Bynum = Shaq lol; if not better.

Anyway, Looney, you can be quoted saying this team "cannot win" because of the lack of support off the bench. So if they do win that would be pretty impressive, no? Talk about contradictions.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm not giving LeBron "all" the credit like you moronic Laker fans give Kobe for what Shaq did.

Daygo got it though, it's no different than Kobe winning with Shaq; so Laker fans should be the last ones to talk when they say "He needed Wade" lol.

I know the comeback..."But Kobe did it without Shaq"; yeah, but Gasol + Artest + Odom + Bynum = Shaq lol; if not better.

Anyway, Looney, you can be quoted saying this team "cannot win" because of the lack of support off the bench. So if they do win that would be pretty impressive, no? Talk about contradictions.

no they can win, just not if  the lakers have kobe, ron ron, odom, bynum, and gasol.  if they do beat the lakers itll be impressive or the nuggets, but anything besides that no. their not gonna win next year they need to make adjustments. see what next years off season or season gives them, trades , draft, signings etc etc.

kobe did it wit one super star, lebron needs 3 when everybody claims hes the better player than kobe. now hes done it twice without a 2nd legit superstar. 

magic had one superstar which was kareem, do you discredit him? james worthy was not a superstar.

and your comparing 4 players to one? lol man u say im in denial.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Oh, you're talking about Hall of Famer James Worthy? Oh, okay; yeah, he was wack.

I'm not discrediting anybody, I don't even discredit Kobe; I just pull him down from the moon you guys put him on & make you understand that Odom is coming off the bench for the Lakers, where he would be the 2nd best player on nearly half the teams in the NBA lol.

Kobe is a factor, just like every other player on every other championship team; just like LeBron would be if he plays & wins with the Heat.

You guys are stacked with great talent & you act like Kobe carried them on his back; why do you think his PPG were down? Because it was the EXACT opposite of him carrying them on his back, they took the weight off & helped him win the ring.

I'll say it forever, .500 record the years he was alone & got his ass bounced out; you mean to tell him Kobe magically got better or his talent got much better? I usually bring up the fact LeBron was alone in '06 (unless you're saying Big Z is a future HOFer lol) & made it to the Finals, but I don't even need too because that's not the point. I can't think of the last team to win a ring where the Superstar leading the way was all alone.

Spurs - Duncan & Robinson, then Duncan, Parker, Manu
Lakers - Kobe & Shaq, then Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum
Pistons - All members of the starting five made the All-Star team lol.
Heat - Wade & Shaq

People get help, it's just fans of other teams hate LeBron & since Wade is the 3rd best player in the league some of you are catching feelings because you know it could potentially be over before it even begins.

LeBron would be taking a 30 million dollar pay-cut of what he could be getting elsewhere, going into Miami knowing that his numbers will be down in every category, which has some effect on his personal legacy & is doing all of this to win? Why is that a bitch move? You know you would turn around & say "Oh he's only going 'here' for the money, he doesn't care". But he clearly wants to win & is making personal sacrificies to do so. So people who hate on him for being a selfish, ego-manic; how do you say that if he goes to Miami, takes paycuts & loses PPG, assists & rebounds, for the soul purpose of winning?