Author Topic: Under pressure played on new hp beats commercial  (Read 1399 times)

EnzoUK

Re: Under pressure played on new hp beats commercial
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 04:34:53 AM »
Dre looks alot younger again in the video lol

dope commercial never the less..
Twitter: @EnzoUK

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 05:29:43 AM »
I am probably going to be criticized a lot for this but I don't care:

Dre is a Daft Punk wannabe!

Wow. No comment.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:01 AM »
Dre looks alot younger again in the video lol

dope commercial never the less..

make up ;)

Matty

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »
this laptop thing is just some type of on-board soundcard and some bundled audio software...a lot of marketing mumbo-jumbo if you ask me, even moreso than the headphones, which are bundled with it too. i wonder if it even has a bit-matched playback mode, probably not.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »
why you blaming white people?  They the only ones buying albums, if only black people were allowed to buy albums all rappers would be broke

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Matty

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
some relevant info on what is actually going on in these laptops. it seems like there are software tweaks and gimmicks (a beats button that just boosts the bass/treble) but what is going on underneath the hood could be interesting:

"Beats audio is really an overwrite of the IDT audio drivers with beats graphics. The audio preamp components on the envy 15 (assume the 14 also) are what is really being marketed, they are much better than your typical computer, there is a dedicated power circuit and very clean processing. You will not really notice this on the notebook speakers but on good headphones or using the audio output to a good sound system it blows away any other portable device I have ever used.

A good example is iTunes music, I use the Apple lossless format which sounded the best when played on my ipod touch through the dock and high end stereo or headphones. What really shocked me was when I first listened to good headphones on the envy with iTunes, WOW, I had no idea that the Lossless format could sound so good, it's much cleaner with more detailed imaging playing through the envy than on any Apple device. It's even more impressive connected direct to a quality stereo system."

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 07:40:41 AM »
I said at the time it "leaked" that Under Pressure was being used to promote Dre's headphones and Recovery.  Now look, it's being used in a commercial to hype Dre's laptop or something.

Detox is still a myth.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blasphemy

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 08:09:05 AM »
That Dr. Pepper kamurshol was way better then that this. That instrumental was a banger, and would of been a very good single.

But notice that the beat in that commercial likely won't be on Detox either; so maybe he's scrapping the song & just using it for the commercial.

Wasn't it already linked up in the Dr. Pepper Thread that he gave the beat away to some RnB Singer??? I know it was dropped for a few Download links before the thread died.

Stan

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »
I said at the time it "leaked" that Under Pressure was being used to promote Dre's headphones and Recovery.  Now look, it's being used in a commercial to hype Dre's laptop or something.

Detox is still a myth.

Yea your write about the marketing, I'm not sure about the myth part though.  But again, maybe it is the part of me that is still hanging on and won't let go.  That beat does fit the commercial perfectly, if you listen to all the robot/computer subsonics that sound like fx of some sort.  Great match.

Again this could all be more hype and marketing smoke and mirrors to get Dre back in the pop. culture scene (Beiber anyone).  More commercials, more appearances, get the momentum seriously building up, and boom drop that single!

Iovine said by the end of the summer so we still got 5 weeks left.  Dre said by the end of the year on that ASCAP award so who knows.  If it doesn't happen by then, maybe I'll let go and fall off that cliff for good.   :'(

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:04 AM »
hes making more with Appearing in the commercial and having his music play in the commercial than what music is paying $$$ nowadays.. nothin personal fans, its just buisness haha

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »

Detox is still a myth.

No offense but you're an idiot

Muhfukka

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
that commercial was gay as fuck, what kind of gimp mask bullshit was he wearing? man i guarantee at least a few of the euro dre squad here will have that computer soon

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »
that commercial was gay as fuck, what kind of gimp mask bullshit was he wearing? man i guarantee at least a few of the euro dre squad here will have that computer soon

true true. if dre commits suicide they will also.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
beat is still wack, the "shit popped off" beat was 100x better
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »
white people do kill hiphop, everyday.  so what if a white person buys a rap record, there's more black people listening to the music overall anyways and that's what really matters.  if niggaz were'nt raised up in society the way we were and niggaz had cash 2 just throw away like most white kids have had then i'm sure the statistics would be reading something else (which are just estimates and assumptions anyway).  look at the way they treated our culture since HipHop first started coming out and look at what a mockery it's bcome over the years.  black folks don't run the industries, we all know that.  of course u got niggaz in high places but everybody ain't Master P or 50 Cent.  

white people make HipHop look bad all of the time, it's just PR Employees in the media that would make u think otherwise.  I ain't campaigning for hate but it's true.  Look at what's happened over the years and look at what's going on now.  Dr. Dre is making music inspired for the white audience now, i'm all for reinventing yourself (i try 2 do it with my soul everyday) but c'mon now... "under pressure" though, let's get real.  it's things like that that remind niggaz of why whitey is still on top.  fuck Obama, that nigga half white anyway (literally).  trust me, if niggaz had money way before Crack and Heroin then it would be a totally different ball game.  so what if i sound bitter or backwards in time 2 u, ur probably white and that's my point (y'all don't be gettin it, or y'all get it but don't give a shit anyway).  i don't really give a fuck who gets offended, it's the truth and y'all little petty internet beefs and debates aren't gonna change that fact (whether ur black, white, or somewhere in the middle).  so fuck your hiphop is universal theories (it's all for that Obama race relations idea shit anyway).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:24:52 PM by THE STOP BITCHING CAMPAIGN {est. 2010} »