Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Nothin' 2 A Boss question  (Read 479 times)

Will_B

Tha Dogg Pound - Nothin' 2 A Boss question
« on: July 24, 2010, 06:56:16 AM »
I have this track on the Unreleased Gangsta Hits CD but does anyone have the original film that first dropped back in 2005?

Think Daz leaked it himself on a mini mixtape/downlaod from dpgrecordz.com ???

Anyway looking for the best quality file of this - the CD I have sounds like it's made up of mp3's...

Mietek23

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Nothin' 2 A Boss question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
I have this track on the Unreleased Gangsta Hits CD but does anyone have the original film that first dropped back in 2005?

Anyway looking for the best quality file of this - the CD I have sounds like it's made up of mp3's...

"Nuthin' 2 A Boss" was the first track Daz & Kurupt recorded together after they've squashed their beef..

Paul

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:14:23 AM »

"Nuthin' 2 A Boss" was the first track Daz & Kurupt recorded together after they've squashed their beef..

No it wasnt
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:24:33 AM »

No it wasnt

Really? Because from what I remember it was

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 06:01:42 AM »

No it wasnt

Really? Because from what I remember it was

I remember the same thing.

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:14 AM »
Nothin' 2 A Boss was most certainly the first Daz & Kurupt song released after they squashed the beef. I remember it clearly. The song had a lot of hype around it.

Now, if you actually listen to the song, it sounds a little older though. Perhaps recorded before the beef and released afterward?

Either way, it was definitely the first one Daz put out after they were cool again.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
it was definitely the first one Daz put out after they were cool again.

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
i remember Push Back was the first song they recorded after the beef, they even had a video.  i don't know if nothin' to a boss was released before push back

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
i remember Push Back was the first song they recorded after the beef, they even had a video.  i don't know if nothin' to a boss was released before push back

it was realesed before push back, right here on Dubcnn.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »
If memory serves me, I was in Vegas at the time and "We Dont Give a Fucc" was the first track released through DUBCNN from The Dogg Pound after they reunited. The one with the chorus which goes "If you don't like it you can kiss my ass, nigga its Kurupt & Daz"

Nuttin 2 A Boss is most certainly recorded AFTER they reunited too. You can tell, it has the exact same vibe as every song on "Dillinger and Gotti II".

EFFeX

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »

Yeah I remember Push Back coming out after Nothin 2 A Boss too.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
yeah this song was first one they did. i wonder if i still have t anywhere>???

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:26:56 AM »
If memory serves me, I was in Vegas at the time and "We Dont Give a Fucc" was the first track released through DUBCNN from The Dogg Pound after they reunited. The one with the chorus which goes "If you don't like it you can kiss my ass, nigga its Kurupt & Daz"

Nuttin 2 A Boss is most certainly recorded AFTER they reunited too. You can tell, it has the exact same vibe as every song on "Dillinger and Gotti II".

yeah i remember this track, it was on Kurupt's Tsunami compilation but for me, this was after "nothin 2 a boss"

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:26 AM »
Ain't Nothin' 2 A Boss was the first track put out by dubcnn

Quote from: dubcnn.com - By : Nima - April 26, 2005
We premiered the first new Dogg Pound song "Ain't Nothin' 2 A Boss" recently

http://www.dubcnn.com/news/news-archive-4-2005.html

Paul

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »

Yeah I remember Push Back coming out after Nothin 2 A Boss too.

Fair enough. I thought it was Push Bacc. I was under the impression Nothin 2 a boss was recorded before the split and released after but Push Bacc was the first time back into the studio together.
funkyfreshintheflesh