Author Topic: So We gonna Act Like West Coast Has got a single successfull lyrical mc?  (Read 441 times)

amazing25

Re: So We gonna Act Like West Coast Has got a single successfull lyrical mc?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
No coast has that now.

Nas and Damian Marley Performing at 60 000 Festivals...They are not headliners but they are actually getting offers.

But My question wasnt really Today! based on the legacy of all time.

What does that tell us? When you are staying late nights trynna create a metaphor of the Runaway Money train somehow connceted to the Atomic Nuclear Dipole Dipole Moments of the Covalent Chemical Bonds and people aint feeling your shit?

What does that tell you?

What does it tell you when 2001 Sells 7 Million in USA alone off simple gangsta shit rhymes?

It tells you that bein "lyrical" doesnt sell shit....and makin bullshit bootyshake music for 14 yr old bitches does.

Is that What Cube, Dre, Game,Snoop,XZ,Em,Nas Did? Cypress,. DMX, if we wanna go other areas?

Because as i remember there has been at leasdt 200 Booty Shake niggaz like OJ Da Jewman,Gucci Mane,Wacka,Mims,Bow Wow,Boosie etc who aint either never had an album or sold 100 times less than those artists.

You kinda misunderstood bruh..Its Like saying that The only Reason Eminem is selling becoz he is white...(Yeah and Bubba Sparx, Vanilla Ice,Snow,everlast,Asher Roth are all going 9x Platinum)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Successfull? DId you see me list Cube, Dre, Eazy E,Game,Snoop.

Is Rass Kass or the other nigga as successfull? Or even any closer to XZ, Kurupt?

I meant success...Not Skill.

The other dude said Murs...The Who? Has he even had a single person go to the store outside the cyberworld and buy his Plastic CD physically?

How are these dudes successfull? I aint hating. Rass Kass is one of the best rappers to ever touch a pen, but comon...SUCCESS!

So let me ask you this, do you attribute Xzibit's success to all lyrics or part lyrics and situation that he was in? (Dre, Snoop co-sign etc)

Xzibits success had nothing to do with lyrics. That nigga was more lyrical BEFORE he really blew the fuck up. I attribute his success to Pimp My Ride.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 07:35:21 PM »
No coast has that now.

Nas and Damian Marley Performing at 60 000 Festivals...They are not headliners but they are actually getting offers.

What does that tell us? When you are staying late nights trynna create a metaphor of the Runaway Money train somehow connceted to the Atomic Nuclear Dipole Dipole Moments of the Covalent Chemical Bonds and people aint feeling your shit?

What does that tell you?

What does it tell you when 2001 Sells 7 Million in USA alone off simple gangsta shit rhymes?

It tells you that bein "lyrical" doesnt sell shit....and makin bullshit bootyshake music for 14 yr old bitches does.

Is that What Cube, Dre, Game,Snoop,XZ,Em,Nas Did? Cypress,. DMX, if we wanna go other areas?

Because as i remember there has been at leasdt 200 Booty Shake niggaz like OJ Da Jewman,Gucci Mane,Wacka,Mims,Bow Wow,Boosie etc who aint either never had an album or sold 100 times less than those artists.

You kinda misunderstood bruh..Its Like saying that The only Reason Eminem is selling becoz he is white...(Yeah and Bubba Sparx, Vanilla Ice,Snow,everlast,Asher Roth are all going 9x Platinum)

Different eras. Right now rap music is in kind of a fucked up era where this down south no substance booty shake shit is whats poppin. I dont fuck with it personally, but you cant deny the shit is everywhere. Look at the cats u named...they are still big names cus of what they HAVE done. Not so much what they do now. And yes, Eminem bein white had a huge part in his success. Does that mean he isnt a great rapper? No. He's one of the better rappers ive seen. But the White hip hop fan had been waiting forEVER for a White MC that they could get behind. The funny thing with White Hip Hop fan, is that in order for them to truly support a White artist...that White artist HAS to have the respect of Black Hip Hop fan. Eminem did, because he was a solid MC.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

amazing25

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Is Rass Kass or the other nigga as successfull? Or even any closer to XZ, Kurupt?

The other dude said Murs...The Who? Has he even had a single person go to the store outside the cyberworld and buy his Plastic CD physically?

How are these dudes successfull? I aint hating. Rass Kass is one of the best rappers to ever touch a pen, but comon...SUCCESS!

So let me ask you this, do you attribute Xzibit's success to all lyrics or part lyrics and situation that he was in? (Dre, Snoop co-sign etc)

Well, yeah..But than again, what happend to the Bishop Lamont,Stat Q,Joel Ortiz,Snoops Artists? They all had co signs as well...

Its a chicken and an egg situation...Is the rapper Successfull becoz he was on Eminems Albums,Tours with Dre etc or is the rapper on Eminems albums and Tours becoz he was dope?

Same applies to Game and 50 Giving him all the best single concepts..But thats another topic.

What Situation does Casish have?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Xzibits success had nothing to do with lyrics. That nigga was more lyrical BEFORE he really blew the fuck up. I attribute his success to Pimp My Ride.

Restless I would say musically is his apex. He was considered my most Top 5 on the coast by then, but before that from a success standpoint, he was mad underground, just like Ras, The Liks and other acts out here.

amazing25

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

man you bruhs are getting this all wrong...that wasnt my question at all.

XZ is the closest to the biggest names on the west coast in any era that could spit and be successfull..He is in the middle.

What i meant is to try to separate the lyricism with rap success..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Well, yeah..But than again, what happend to the Bishop Lamont,Stat Q,Joel Ortiz,Snoops Artists? They all had co signs as well...

Its a chicken and an egg situation...Is the rapper Successfull becoz he was on Eminems Albums,Tours with Dre etc or is the rapper on Eminems albums and Tours becoz he was dope?

Same applies to Game and 50 Giving him all the best single concepts..But thats another topic.

What Situation does Casish have?

And those artists over half you mentioned had a situation and lefted it because either no album came out of it or they were dropped.

Snoop's 1st run with Doggystyle had good success. Eastsidaz, Doggy's Angels, he just did not maintain it.

Really from the west the only group in the last 10-15 years that blew up just off the music more or less is Cypress Hill.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Restless I would say musically is his apex. He was considered my most Top 5 on the coast by then, but before that from a success standpoint, he was mad underground, just like Ras, The Liks and other acts out here.

Xzibit just came along at a wierd time. He wasnt a gangsta rapper but he was really hittin the scene at a time where gangsta rap was crackin, and he was in Cali. Its like he was gangsta rap by affiliation or some shit. Which worked out careerwise as it got his name out there even more, and he laid down some nice tracks...but I never really felt like it was the right fit for him.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

man you bruhs are getting this all wrong...that wasnt my question at all.

XZ is the closest to the biggest names on the west coast in any era that could spit and be successfull..He is in the middle.

What i meant is to try to separate the lyricism with rap success..

Exactly. Which is what I was sayin. If you really look at it...the MOST lyrical MC's have always tended to be underground artists. The ones you are mentioning are lyrical when compared to other commercial artists. Being lyrical does NOT in any way equal rap success if you are measuring success by units sold and spotlight. Ive said it a million times, the best rappers are usually the rappers youve never heard about. The muhafuckas on TV are just the most marketable. Right now, the average rap fan isnt a young dude who's payin attention to lyrics. The average rap fan is a young female who wants somethin to dance to. So we have Soulja Boy and all this other nonsense on the radio.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »
Mysktero
Ras Kass

give me a sec I got more

Xzibit just came along at a wierd time. He wasnt a gangsta rapper but he was really hittin the scene at a time where gangsta rap was crackin, and he was in Cali. Its like he was gangsta rap by affiliation or some shit. Which worked out careerwise as it got his name out there even more, and he laid down some nice tracks...but I never really felt like it was the right fit for him.

Co-sign. I remember seeing him C-Walking during the Up In Smoke tour and thinking how out of place he looked. I think that came more from hanging with Snoop and DPGC then working with Dre though.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
No coast has that now.

What does that tell you?

My bad. thought you meant now..

___ v

and I dont think Nas spits CRAZY lyrical things anymore..

Today, you dont quote him for shit..

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »
I never understood why people claim Kurupt to be lyrical. At his best he as a good rapper, but not lyrical. Most of the time he's just annoying and repetitive.

Crooked is probably the most lyrical rapper out from the west IMO.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 10:35:34 AM »
I never understood why people claim Kurupt to be lyrical. At his best he as a good rapper, but not lyrical. Most of the time he's just annoying and repetitive.

Crooked is probably the most lyrical rapper out from the west IMO.

Gift of Gab?

Triple OG Rapsodie

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »
fyi: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lyrical

Your point being? If you are hinting to that you don't think I know what "lyrical" means, you are sadly mistaken kid.

"I'm like... fuck a bitch and fuck you too
It's so many different things that i'm gon' do
Switches all fucked up
Livin' in the '80's jackin' niggas for Nissan trucks
A quarter piece to flip
It's me and Daz and two bitches
I never gave a fuck, nigga Daz and Kurupt
They say this ain't the way to get rich!
I might as well get me a bitch!
I don't get it, I take it
Put a glitch in the Matrix
Flip some bricks to strip ya bitch naked
'Cause I just don't care, live from "G" square
Wit a vest and a cup to put in the air
Nigga... fuck a bitch and fuck you too
What a punk mothafucka like you gon' do?
... I holla'd at Dr. Dre, hit up Bigg Snoop
Wit the candy cut-cut perfectly on fued
It's on one, nah he said it's on two
On fifteen shells, ducked and detailed, de-railed
All you to want do
Do what the fuck you want to do too
Get what ya got to get to get through
Light what ya wanna light to light fire
Big arsonist blew to white fire
Blast through ya home or blast to hit doors
Crap like the crap table, Kane and Abel
I'm signed-out Sinatra, galactic Gallahgar
Metal physical, sixteen Calibur metallica
'Sane asylum shanker, big and little banker
Punk mothafucka, mothafuck, mothafucka, yeah nigga
We can go heads nigga
You bitches be hatin' nigga, heard what I said nigga
Lend me some bread nigga, keep ya chest bust like lead niggas
The fed nigga, Daz and Fred nigga
Kurupt Young Gotti, baby face Capone
We on Niastra, nigga on the microphone
Never never have I ever gave a fuck
Dat Nigga Daz Dillinger, Fred, Kurupt
And we do what the fuck we want to do too
Get what we got to get to get through
And we blast what we got blast to get ours
Life of a gangsta in a world of stars
Light what ya wanna light to light fire
Big arsonist blew to white fire
Do what the fuck you want to do too
Get what ya got to get to get through, through, through
Just do it... don't stop"

Yeah, Kurupt is really lyrical...idiots.