Author Topic: Charlotte NBA Franchise  (Read 455 times)

Trauma-san

Charlotte NBA Franchise
« on: December 22, 2002, 05:43:51 PM »
I think that's pretty cool that the Hornets left charlotte and we've already got another franchise.  They awarded it to the guy who owns BET.  He's gonna share ownership in the team with Hugh McColl (huge name locally, got bank of america off the ground, etc.), and I think Magic Johnson is interested in buying a portion of the team.  He held a big party downtown a copule days ago to meet the city, it was pretty cool.  

Lots of rumours going around, too, that Jordan wants to be head coach.  Crazy, right?  Jordan always wanted to play for the hornets, and own a portion of the team, since he grew up in Carolina.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Charlotte NBA Franchise
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 07:15:06 PM »
 dope, i read about this a few days ago. but will charlotte fans go to the games after the first year?

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 08:03:47 PM »
the fans in charlotte better go to the games this time around,since charlotte is only 2 hours away from here i can go down there when the lakers are in town lol

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 08:07:20 PM »
the fans in charlotte better go to the games this time around,since charlotte is only 2 hours away from here i can go down there when the lakers are in town lol

yo bro, get the WHITE new laker jerseywith Madsen on the back. you will  be lookin Dope

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2002, 09:31:10 PM »
of course, madsen is only the best nba player ever im obligated to support him!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 01:26:42 AM »
damn i wondering how long ago was it when we lost both NFL franchise's here in Los Angeles.....damn you lucky bastards.....we need an NFL team......badly!

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 07:29:00 AM »
Yeah! We'll go to games, what kind of crap is that?

The Hornets set attendance records for like the first 5 years they had a team.    EVERYBODY went.  Then the crap started... the management team was incompetant as hell, they'd trade the fan favorites, they wouldn't spend money on anything.  Then they started bitching the fans needed to build them a brand new 200 million dollar arena, which they refused to pay any part of.  He refused to sell part of the team to Michael Jordan, who was going to play the first year, then a few months later sold part to someone else.  WTF?  The owner was put on trial for sexually harassing women at his house down the street from me... these guys were horrible, the fans got a sick taste in their mouth and stopped showing for games, and I can't blame them.  

Look at the panthers.  They've been in town for 5 years or so, and still selling great.  The hornets were the same back when they actually tried and cared about the community.

This new guy is gonna be great, he's already held tons of press conferences, and he's genuinely concerned about the fans.  The first thing he said was "I paid for the team, but it's YOUR team".  

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2002, 08:10:28 AM »
Man, they're taking suggestions for names for the team, they've already had 1800 submissions since friday, haha.  

A couple submissions they mentioned were "The Charlotte Spiders" (capitalizing on "charlottes web"), "The Charlotte Crowns" (wayyyyy to simplistic, but Charlotte was named after Queen Charlotte, and is called 'the queen city'); "The Charlotte Cougars" (charlotte had an aba team a long time ago named the Cougars), "The Charlotte Golds" (charlotte was a gold mining town).  I think all those suck, the Charlotte Spiders isn't too bad, but they need to keep thinking :)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2002, 06:04:45 PM »
the charlotte bone smugglers

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2002, 06:18:59 PM »
no.

The Charlotte Pursesnatchers.

the Charlotte AssWhippers.

One of those would be alright.