Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 36396 times)

darqawa

• 'G'
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
Dre Retiring From The Mic??

West Coast legend Dr. Dre has announced his intention to hang up the microphone for good after the release of his highly-anticipated solo album, Detox.

Although Dre vows his rapping days are numbered, the Doc said he will always be involved with the music industry.

"I don't ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it," he said. "But as far as me going into the mic booth, that sh*t is over. I'm always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that's it. I don't see myself doing it the way I'm doing it now. I'm in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I'm going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family." (XXL Mag)

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/dr_dre_announces_rap_retirement_going_in.html

Thoughts??.......

GOOD.  Whatever you think of DRE as a producer, I never thought he was the shit on the mic.

Lyrically no he isn't. But I enjoy his presence and vocals on the mic.

I can kinda agree with you on the Chronic and even 2001 but not on this track and he is certainly not a top ten cat for me anyways.  Do you or anyone else know if Dre ever wrote any of his raps?

Invincible

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »
Dre Retiring From The Mic??

West Coast legend Dr. Dre has announced his intention to hang up the microphone for good after the release of his highly-anticipated solo album, Detox.

Although Dre vows his rapping days are numbered, the Doc said he will always be involved with the music industry.

"I don't ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it," he said. "But as far as me going into the mic booth, that sh*t is over. I'm always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that's it. I don't see myself doing it the way I'm doing it now. I'm in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I'm going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family." (XXL Mag)

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/dr_dre_announces_rap_retirement_going_in.html

Thoughts??.......

GOOD.  Whatever you think of DRE as a producer, I never thought he was the shit on the mic.

Lyrically no he isn't. But I enjoy his presence and vocals on the mic.

I can kinda agree with you on the Chronic and even 2001 but not on this track and he is certainly not a top ten cat for me anyways.  Do you or anyone else know if Dre ever wrote any of his raps?

He writes none of his raps. Loads of his stuff has been wrote by The D.O.C. and plenty of other people have wrote for him.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »
^actually, in the nwa days, he wrote some stuff, but a lot of people have written for him yes

Fraxxx

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

DOGGSHIT

• 'G'
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
Shit is dope!

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »
DAMN NIGGAS! That mastered version BASS... SICKKKKKKKK

I can't BUMP IT !!! CAUSE NIGGAS IN MY HOUSE BE CALLING THE COPS WOA

Dude ur from Germany.Why do you use "NIGGA" all the time ?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
well after bumping this a whole load the beat is definitely the strongest part of the track. the only appealing part of the vocals is snoop's verse and the nate impression. can do without the autotune, can definitely do without wail-kon and most disappointingly, dre's verse is poor - vocals, lyrics and the silly 1, 1, 1 effect. i have to question what dre was thinking with his own verse on here, too many yes men?

idk, I love his verse. His new delivery is so much tighter than his old lazy raps. I actually enjoy hearin Dre now

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »

Dude ur from Germany.Why do you use "NIGGA" all the time ?

HAHAHA! Oh Snap.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
well after bumping this a whole load the beat is definitely the strongest part of the track. the only appealing part of the vocals is snoop's verse and the nate impression. can do without the autotune, can definitely do without wail-kon and most disappointingly, dre's verse is poor - vocals, lyrics and the silly 1, 1, 1 effect. i have to question what dre was thinking with his own verse on here, too many yes men?

idk, I love his verse. His new delivery is so much tighter than his old lazy raps. I actually enjoy hearin Dre now

and you dint the last 25 years?

PLANT

« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »
I actually like Akons part in this track.  Just listening to this in 320 right now and its amazing!! :o

Matty

« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2010, 08:18:10 PM »
During an interview with Big Boy of Power 106, Dre said the song was also an unauthorized leak, but it will be a keeper nonetheless.

“It got leaked, and it was a version of it that I wasn’t really happy about,” Dre explained. “But we’re gonna go ahead and push it and put it out, since everybody seems to like it."

but a video shoot for the same track had already been scheduled this week? so where is the version that dre IS happy about? sounds like bullshit to me, dude needs to stop making excuses for things.

Portugoal

« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »
During an interview with Big Boy of Power 106, Dre said the song was also an unauthorized leak, but it will be a keeper nonetheless.

“It got leaked, and it was a version of it that I wasn’t really happy about,” Dre explained. “But we’re gonna go ahead and push it and put it out, since everybody seems to like it."

but a video shoot for the same track had already been scheduled this week? so where is the version that dre IS happy about? sounds like bullshit to me, dude needs to stop making excuses for things.

Of course this was leaked on purpose, just like 95% of all other leaks.

Portugoal

« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
So who are exactly on this track and in what order?

Kobe Kokilla, Dr. Dre, Akon, Sly, Snoop

Thanks.

Do you know who were on "Turn Me On"?

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
DOPE! I hope most of the album is kinda like this, couple of sensible features. Got to have Kurupt and Snoop on at least 2 tracks!

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »

yep u a potato...your white ass know what im talking about to...chill with that nigga shit...fucking Germans...but the women are freaky ass fuck.