Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 36406 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #630 on: November 22, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
I'm NOT putting down anybody's opinion.  Again, as I wrote in my first post in this thread, if you like this song, then that's great.  I'm happy for you.  However, there are now people saying that other people like me are overanalyzing the song because it's just a head-nodder for the clubs, etc.  And in response to that, I'm just explaining why that's a cop out.  Everything is open to analysis, and if you're telling me not to analyze something, that tells me something right there.

And lol at Dre never making music that holds up to analysis.  LMAO, in fact.  The Roach on The Chronic was a perfect unison of form and content for a smoking weed song.  The music was tailor made for a song about smoking a fat one.  8)  And, lo and behold, that's what the lyrics were about, too.
Thank u..some one with a brain.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #631 on: November 22, 2010, 12:27:03 AM »
Damn!!im really trying to feel what some people on here is feeling for this song..but i cant..i dont feel jack shit,even if i was there with dre in the lab..i cant fuck with this..its just a normal club banger..i think the fans are just willing to take what ever dre is gonna give them at this point..then yall tell your self over, and over its dope knowing its not..what a pitty.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #632 on: November 22, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »
Why people hating? What did you actually expect? This song is fresh, lots of variety, well thought out. Best rap single I've heard in years. BANGINNNNN
i stilll like to know why this song is fresh.

the best thing about thsi song is the sound, kinda weird to have akon on this not because of his voice but because he said himself that he doesnt smoke...but yeah the sound of it is great the instruments on there the way the song is done! good job
i understand why you like it, but i still don't get the fresh point.
Why people hating? What did you actually expect? This song is fresh, lots of variety, well thought out. Best rap single I've heard in years. BANGINNNNN
i stilll like to know why this song is fresh.
look for same soundin song, ull get the point
there are so many club songs out there.
this one doesn't sound fresh to me. i already mentioned Timbaland & Busta Rhymes' song Touch it.

The only thing I think that's fresh about the track is the mixing - Dre keeps on advancing with making everything bigger and crisper and clearer,
and I think if anything saves the track for me it's the way that the song just jumps out at you in the mixing

But everything else about it isn't fresh -

-He's been using piano melodies for ages now
-The claps are roughly the same
-An Akon chorus - that's the opposite of fresh, everyone has an Akon chorus, didn't Crooked I have an Akon chorus at one stage
-Sort of autotune sounding on that beginning bit - that shit is everywhere
-More upbeat, dance tempo - everything on the radio is at that tempo nowadays
-Doing a Nate Dogg impersonation... it's dope, but it's hardly fresh sounding
-Neither of the verses are really anything in particular, they're sort of just generic verses, so it's definitely not fresh lyrically
-Talking about smoking weed, which has been done for the last 20 years

yeah, i don't see how anyone could come with strong arguments for why this is fresh
I knew it sounded like something i freak a bitch to befor...thats it! touch it!!sorry dre u lost on this homie...aint nothing fresh to this song,cause its already been done..plus it dont fit the title..KUSH.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #633 on: November 22, 2010, 01:36:54 AM »
Been searching and searching... but does anyone have a

good quality -192 kbps or higher- instrumental of Kush??  Link please!

lurk moar.

:monkey_dance2:

Yea I find people are looking waaayy to deep into this song.  It is a fun, head-nodding, club banger.  Nothing else.

I feel that's a cop out.  It's like you're admitting the song isn't substantive, so you're telling people not to analyze it, because the song doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  Think about that, and what you're admitting.

If something is classic, not only is it viscerally pleasurable (for lack of a better term, haha), but it also stands up to intellectual analysis.  Kush doesn't.  I mean, when you listen to the instrumental, do you think to yourself, "This would be a perfect instrumental for a song about smoking!"  NO, you don't.  This song has a disconnect between what I call form and content.  In other words, the content of the song (i.e. the substantive message of the song conveyed via the vocals) does not fit the form of the song (i.e. the musical aspects).

If that's going too deep in analyzing this song, then ok.  But by saying that, you're basically saying to me that this song can't hold up to scrutiny, which to me makes it IMPOSSIBLE to be a classic.  Classic music/movies/art do hold up to intellectual analysis and scrutiny.

Not that you're saying this is anywhere near classic.  I'm just making a larger point.
^^ werd. a lot of the posts that are praising this track are already on a semi-defensive vibe. if this was really up to standard there would people going nuts and breaking down how well it works or whatever. i'll be the first to admit if this track becomes highly respected over time, compared to other dre or dre-produced singles. i might even grow to really appreciate it a lot more too, but i doubt it.

it aint bad its just average-good, the vocals being the weaker part.

^i agree, this pretty much sums things up for me regarding what i think of 'Kush'.
nothing really mind-blowing that's for sure, just nice to finally get pretty much what the fans want for the most part, the next single is crucial to the impact of what 'Detox' should/would/could sound like... :-\
we're just gonna have to keep waiting to see if that totally out of this world 'mind-fucker' track ever drops...  :P

:)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:29:57 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #634 on: November 23, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
A little update here. The track has been on the iTunes charts for 6 days, and has once again made it to the #13 spot, and #2 in the hip-hop category. It was also just released to the radio for airplay, so lets see how that goes.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #635 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:39 AM »
A little update here. The track has been on the iTunes charts for 6 days, and has once again made it to the #13 spot, and #2 in the hip-hop category. It was also just released to the radio for airplay, so lets see how that goes.

good to know.. thanks for the update.. Hopin it does extremely well and a new single drops as well..

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #636 on: November 23, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
That "mind blowing mutha fucking change the game forever" track IS NOT GOING TO DROP

just be happy we get a Dre album with 13 dope tracks
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Stan

« Reply #637 on: November 23, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »
That "mind blowing mutha fucking change the game forever" track IS NOT GOING TO DROP

Lol, why you gotta always hate?  I see nuthin but hate for Detox from you.  I think if this album is dope as hell, goes quadruple platinum, gets 5/5 reviews, your still gonna hate.  In your mind it has already failed.  Dope tracks is as good as its gonna get from you right?

Your like that guy from the Jermaine Dupri song Hate in My Blood.  Evil Star or some shit like that.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #638 on: November 23, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »

Lol, why you gotta always hate?  I see nuthin but hate for Detox from you.  I think if this album is dope as hell, goes quadruple platinum, gets 5/5 reviews, your still gonna hate.  In your mind it has already failed.  Dope tracks is as good as its gonna get from you right?

Your like that guy from the Jermaine Dupri song Hate in My Blood.  Evil Star or some shit like that.
oh well, what do you care? its his problem that he wont take any pleasure from listening to great music, becouse of all the hate he got inside.. his lost, i dont mind, i suggest you to not too, make the world more beautifull ;)

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #639 on: November 23, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what did Still DRE do compared to this?
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #640 on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
Hm... My personal opinion is that the track got old, really fast.

That being said, it's a decent song.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #641 on: November 23, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »
i wouldnt classify this song a certified heater but its not as bad as many make it out to be and i just wonder if half the people complaining about the song are some of the same that claimed malice n wonderland was a good album cause if thats the case then all credibility has been lost

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #642 on: November 23, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »

Detox Iz Not Active Isnt hating homie. He's making a valid point. Every single one of us anticipating this album(* myself included) had imagined the DETOX to be something that will be the craziest shit we ever saw. Truth is, this is an album is gonna be good, but it probably wont live up to our personal expectations we had fantasized about. But it will be a dope album nonetheless. Full of bumpable tracks.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #643 on: November 23, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »

Detox Iz Not Active Isnt hating homie. He's making a valid point. Every single one of us anticipating this album(* myself included) had imagined the DETOX to be something that will be the craziest shit we ever saw. Truth is, this is an album is gonna be good, but it probably wont live up to our personal expectations we had fantasized about. But it will be a dope album nonetheless. Full of bumpable tracks.

True that, i dont think an album EVER could live up to 8-10 years of hype. Dre has no-one to blame but himself.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #644 on: November 23, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

True that, i dont think an album EVER could live up to 8-10 years of hype. Dre has no-one to blame but himself.

I guess. That's what happens when someone lacks motivation.. They loose opportunities. oh well. At least those detox leftovers that we almost never heard became hits like Westside Story, How We Do, Dont Get Carried Away, Outta Control remix (SHOUT OUT TO MATTY ! 8)).