Author Topic: Nirvana Appreciation Thread  (Read 268 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Nirvana Appreciation Thread
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »
and no I didn't just start listening to Nirvana becuz Dr. Dre admitted his love for them, I've been on them (hard not to relate to Kurt and those guitars that the band played)... just goes 2 show that great minds truly do think alike tho (#real talk, fuck how u feel). 

anyways, back to tha thread... i just wanted to becuz I read tha HHDX and it made me reminense a little bit.  i love these niggas, I actually BROUGHT all their albums (tha only Rock albums I've ever brought besides "anti christ superstar).  Man I wished Kurt and Pac could've done something, i sometimes imagine if they did and had something with Biggie too, u talk about Beatles Elvis shit my nigga, that would've changed the world literally.  RIP Kurt, Dave keep doing ur thing and I forgot about tha other nigga but if homie is still doin his thing then let's all please support this nigga foreal foreal.

theremedy360

Re: Nirvana Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
Being a Washington native I was exposed to Nirvana at a pretty young age, always been a fan. Shame that Kurt couldn't stick around longer.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
Shame that Kurt couldn't stick around longer.

man whaaat...

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:08:07 AM »
yeah nirvana were amazin shame they burned out on in utero, that album was dark + abrasive + generally everything nirvana wanted to be.

Paul

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:20 AM »
Co-sign this thread. I love Nirvana.

In fact I was listening to In Bloom this morning.
funkyfreshintheflesh

eNgIeS

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:02:57 AM »
Me too. I think its cool Nirvana touched so many different fan bases, probably some they wish they didnt (Misogynists and homophobes). Its also interesting in Kurt's journals that he was a big N.W.A. and Public Enemy fan.

Nirvana were going to break up just before he died anyway. Kurt felt used and no longer connected with Dave, Krist and was also about to divorce Courtney. Shame his relutance to eat vegatables and a healthy diet caused him awful stomach pains that he turned to Herion to get away from, which ultimately consumed his life and poluted his relationships with others, thus the eventual suicide :(

In Utero is just as a good an album as Nevermind, just darker and rawer. You Know You're Right was an awesome last song to do. Unplugged was a classic and some songs off Bleach as very good

I'm also a big Foo Fighters fan and I'm happy to see Krist Noveselic is working on some songs on the new Foo Fighters album, ironically due for release on the aniversary of Nevermind and being produced by Nevermind producer Butch Vig.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »
Yeah Nirvana was amazing. I used to listen to this stuff when I was younger.

I think I still have the Unplugged album left, that's all. This concert was so intense, one of the best live-albums ever.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
Yeah Nirvana was amazing. I used to listen to this stuff when I was younger.

I think I still have the Unplugged album left, that's all. This concert was so intense, one of the best live-albums ever.

When I first saw that it blew my mind, good show. 

___

That part on "Plateau" with that switch up on tha melody I had looped and used to play for hours even tho it's only like 46 seconds, shit was hypnotiq just like tha drink good replay.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:55:00 PM by Respect This Pimpin' »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
i never listened to nirvana in the 90s, i was mostly listening to rap (and some pop bullshit), but like 04ish i got into them, i love them, but i will say this, i love their unplugged album (& style) over most of the stuff on their albums, they are a great LOUD band, but when they tone it down, i like it that much more (lake of fire, holy shit)

_TLD_

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
King Gordy Cobaine I love nirvana, and im a fan of king gordy, who must be a big fan of kurt and his band as well cuz gordy uses cobain as his name, has used the title "cobains diary" and other shit that points back to nirvana. I think nirv's best was yet to come, in utero is the shit, but most of curt's shit is great.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »
It would have been interesting to see how Kurt would have aged and what he'd be releasing today. Though I'm pretty sure his iconic status to most of his super fanbase wouldn't have lasted, but I have no doubt he would have contributed some very solid music to the world throughout the 90s and 2000s. I'm really curious to see how he and Eminem would have co-existed. Kurt's only really like 4 or 5 years older so it wouldn't like and old vs young thing, and Kurt's also very vocal about song content that he doesn't like. But who knows he may also have been a big fan. I'm almost certain that in the last few years something with the two of them would have happened. Just imagine how much bigger White America would have been if Kurt added a little flavour to the guitars and sang chorus? And trading verses at the Grammys.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »
Yeah i got into nirvana late last year, awesome band. I heard a lot of their songs in the 90's and gave me that nostalgic feeling listening to them today.

Its hard to decide between Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero cause they are all such good albums. I'd probably go for In Utero though, seeing as its a perfect mix between bleach and nevermind
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-