Author Topic: drums for detox?  (Read 440 times)

Matty

drums for detox?
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »
yes another detox thread by yours truly. and what :laugh:

any thoughts on this?

2001 all had a very cohesive sound in terms of the sonic quality of the drums. will detox be a mixed bag, some type of main theme? seems it will be a lot crispier but i'm curious whether there will be a particular set of sounds in play on most tracks that will make really define the production. i'd like to hear the whole shuffly hat sounds and hard slapping drums expanded into a variety of concepts, shit is definitely banging.

you've heard a kinda early g-funk version of it in outta control rmx, but kush and make up sex in particular its much more obvious. i'd be surprised if there wasn't some stuff with these type of drums and a lot of epic elaborate string sections, ala that clip with slim the mobster and the dope sounding orchestra beat.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: drums for detox?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »
who even said make up sex was produced by dre? i doubt a dre / game track would even leak without game saying himself its produced by dre once it had been leaked....

detox=live instruments, live drums etc.

TRG

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
I'm also feeling those hi-hats. but one thing about Detox that i think will stand out from everything else (other music), is how hard it will bump. Extra bump that a lot of other producers, cant... produce.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
I'm also feeling those hi-hats. but one thing about Detox that i think will stand out from everything else (other music), is how hard it will bump. Extra bump that a lot of other producers, cant... produce.

Im assuming Dawaun Parker has a good amount of involvment on the project?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »
ive got three words for you...

echo clap snare

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:59:02 AM »
the drums will sound good i think :laugh:

DjKeyz

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:41 AM »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 09:30:42 AM »
who even said make up sex was produced by dre? i doubt a dre / game track would even leak without game saying himself its produced by dre once it had been leaked....

detox=live instruments, live drums etc.

that was the original plan, but Dre has changed his mind about Detox so many times

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 01:33:11 AM »
im a big fan of dre..but whats so new about this beat..all it is ,is -touch it- with acouple of elements added to it..thats it...dre getting over.

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 01:48:27 AM »
im a big fan of dre..but whats so new about this beat..all it is ,is -touch it- with acouple of elements added to it..thats it...dre getting over.
lol Touch It's beat compared to Kush's beat is like the game Pong compared to Super Mario Bros.