Author Topic: Music intervention: Snoop Dogg - please be gangsta again  (Read 1089 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Music intervention: Snoop Dogg - please be gangsta again
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »
i usually defend Snoop, but dancing wit gummi-bears is too much..
thats not a good look, even for a mainstream-dude..

That track was a massive hit though. Constant radio play and video on TV 24/7.

yeah, i guess the gummibear-thing made it into a smash, huh?
*silence* .... no

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
Yeah, i guess the gummibear-thing made it into a smash, huh?
*silence* .... no

Lol you've seen the whole video dude? It's a party/summer track. The whole vids like that. It's reppin Cali HARD worldwide with Snoop and one of the biggest female artists of the moment.

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
*silence* .... no

Lol you've seen the whole video dude? It's a party/summer track. The whole vids like that. It's reppin Cali HARD worldwide with Snoop and one of the biggest female artists of the moment.

LMAO
i can assure you  - that Snoop Doggs dance-routine wit his gummibear-pals, was not the reason it blew up..

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »
*silence* .... no

What kind of crack have you been smoking?

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
*silence* .... no

LMAO
i can assure you  - that Snoop Doggs dance-routine wit his gummibear-pals, was not the reason it blew up..

I didn't say it was. ;)

Will_B

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
*silence* .... no

Don't see the connection with Cali? I'll give you a clue, it's in the title ;D

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »
*silence* .... no

That song doesn't represent California in any way, shape, or form minus the name. Enough said.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
*silence* .... no

I don't see any self respecting man from California or let alone the United States bumping the song saying that's my jam! That song was made for women, because women buy records. That song wasn't made to represent California. and it's her song - not Snoop Dogg's. Snoop just did it for the exposure and money. If that song really represented California, it wouldn't be talking about women so much would it?

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »
*silence* .... no

yeah, plus the whole concept of the video is about this candy stuff and that "in tha land of cockaigne"-kinda style. And Snoop just plays the Master of Candy or what so ever, I really like the video and the fact that's it not too serious. I don't know what your problem is in this case, since the track is a summer party track like OG Will already said. It would be a problem to me if this was a serious song though...

I think there videos with Snoop's appearence that are more corny... sitting on the moon in "midnight love" for instance lol...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:58 PM »
*silence* .... no

LOL.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 01:37:25 PM »
*silence* .... no

yeah, plus the whole concept of the video is about this candy stuff and that "in tha land of cockaigne"-kinda style. And Snoop just plays the Master of Candy or what so ever, I really like the video and the fact that's it not too serious. I don't know what your problem is in this case, since the track is a summer party track like OG Will already said. It would be a problem to me if this was a serious song though...

I think there videos with Snoop's appearence that are more corny... sitting on the moon in "midnight love" for instance lol...

its impossible to defend a grownup-mans dance-routine wit gummi-bears.
specielly when it concerns a former crip-gangbanger..

i dont have a problem wit the video, whyd u assume that?
i said its just too much, which it is..

like i said, i usually defend Snoop, i dont believe in the word "sell-out" - and im okay wit everythin he did.
from his theme-song for "one life to live", his apearances on "Martha" to his chit-chat wit the "View"-ladies..
but dancing wit gummi-bears isnt a good look for anyone..

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
*silence* .... no

its impossible to defend a grownup-mans dance-routine wit gummi-bears.
specielly when it concerns a former crip-gangbanger..

i dont have a problem wit the video, whyd u assume that?
i said its just too much, which it is..

like i said, i usually defend Snoop, i dont believe in the word "sell-out" - and im okay wit everythin he did.
from his theme-song for "one life to live", his apearances on "Martha" to his chit-chat wit the "View"-ladies..
but dancing wit gummi-bears isnt a good look for anyone..

It's that kind of video. Don't sweat it 8)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
snoop's dope and he was once one of my favs. until that ego trippin shit came out. what's my name shoulda been the the closest snoop got to pop. mufuckas already know who he is so it's not like he had to introduce himself. snoop's problem is he has too many yes men and not a real musical visionary like dre was for him on death row and also remember when snoop was really spittin suge was jerkin him so i think when he actually started touchin some real paper he went crazy and stopped being hungry and focused. the last album he dropped that was truly a masterpiece was the last meal after that he let pharrell fuck his shit up but at the same time snoop seems to have a bad beat selection without guidance for some reason even though he created classics by himself (doggystyle records 2000 - 1 era) he creates trash which makes some of us feel he can't make top notch shit without dre when he should be able to at this point in his career. but bring that g shit back snoop and write ya own shit.

I dont agree that Pharell fucked Snoop up. Pharell, along with The Neptunes got some crazy beats, and the tracks Snoop has done with Pharell are really good..
The Last Meal was his last classic album i guess, altho i really enjoyed The Blue Carpet Treatment, excluding couple of tracks (not many tho), its very good album, imo, its his 4th best (in my eyes it goes like Doggystyle->Last Meal->Doggfather->Blue Carpet).. R&G, was a bad shot, but still had some ncie tracks in it.. the horror started on Ego Trippin'

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
snoop's dope and he was once one of my favs. until that ego trippin shit came out. what's my name shoulda been the the closest snoop got to pop. mufuckas already know who he is so it's not like he had to introduce himself. snoop's problem is he has too many yes men and not a real musical visionary like dre was for him on death row and also remember when snoop was really spittin suge was jerkin him so i think when he actually started touchin some real paper he went crazy and stopped being hungry and focused. the last album he dropped that was truly a masterpiece was the last meal after that he let pharrell fuck his shit up but at the same time snoop seems to have a bad beat selection without guidance for some reason even though he created classics by himself (doggystyle records 2000 - 1 era) he creates trash which makes some of us feel he can't make top notch shit without dre when he should be able to at this point in his career. but bring that g shit back snoop and write ya own shit.

I dont agree that Pharell fucked Snoop up. Pharell, along with The Neptunes got some crazy beats, and the tracks Snoop has done with Pharell are really good..
The Last Meal was his last classic album i guess, altho i really enjoyed The Blue Carpet Treatment, excluding couple of tracks (not many tho), its very good album, imo, its his 4th best (in my eyes it goes like Doggystyle->Last Meal->Doggfather->Blue Carpet).. R&G, was a bad shot, but still had some ncie tracks in it.. the horror started on Ego Trippin'
vato and 10 lil crips are the only beats he did for snoop i liked. if you ask me he shoulda gave change clothes to snoop instead of jay.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »
My only issue with snoop now days which some have already posted is his lack of vision for each album. Every damn album now days he states its gonna be this and that and it ends up becoming just a album with random tracks thrown together with various features....for ego trippin he said it was gonna be all him no features no singers on the hook just all him ego trippin and it ended up not being that...then with malice he said he was gonna come with a sinister dark sound this time round and it was nothing near that...then for his upcomign album he was in the studio with swizz beats saying that albums dont have a sound anymore and thats what they were going for and now its shaping up to be a bunch of soft radio type songs....tired up albums sounding like complilations with 10 million producers and features it kills a album and ends up sounding like a compilation.